PDA

View Full Version : What was the most touching anime moment for you?

Kirip-san
Jan 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
As topic says, what moment in an anime made you feel like you were about to cry inside~nyo?
You may describe it or post the clip~nyo.

Mines: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6j9fJngiPTU
Yes, I split that~nyo.
I almost cried~nyo.
It was...too cute~nyo.

Scrub
Jan 17, 2007, 10:12 PM
When Goku died

UnderscoreX
Jan 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
SPOILERS!

I don't really watch that much anime, so it's limited butttt when Byakuya saved Rukia from Gin, and he told her the story of how she's his sister-in-law.
Didn't cry, but it was way emotional.

Kirip-san
Jan 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
On 2007-01-17 19:12, Scrub wrote:
When Goku died

I lost count of how many times he died~nyo.

Scrub
Jan 17, 2007, 10:24 PM
That one time when he tried to beat the guy who was stronger than him

DizzyDi
Jan 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
Ending of Bebop.

Nidramag
Jan 17, 2007, 11:13 PM
When Chrono and Rosette die at the end of Chrono Crusade.

Polly
Jan 17, 2007, 11:15 PM
Chrono Crusade's ending made me cry like a little bitch.

Rosette's final moments with Chrno. I was expecting an "I love you" but instead got gutpunched with an "I DONT WANT TO DIE AND IM SCARED!" We knew it was coming and it was going to happen but they really pulled a fast one there xD

Graveyard of the Fireflies was another one, but most people into anime already know that.

Think that's about it.

Nidramag
Jan 17, 2007, 11:22 PM
the whole damn ending of that had me...er, VERY sad.
I remember I couldn't sleep (It was around 12:00 midnight) that night.
Chrono Crusade was...25% action and 75% love story to me, but blended very well, never one of those cheesy ones, or one (like dragonball) that got so crappy from all the dumb fighting they came up with.

Dangerous55
Jan 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
When Jack said "Never let go".

PJ
Jan 18, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-01-17 19:24, Scrub wrote:
That one time when he tried to beat the guy who was stronger than him

Scrub wins this topic.

DAMN YOU SCRUB!

Sinue_v2
Jan 18, 2007, 08:47 AM
I don't know about "touching", but one of the most impressive moments I've seen in Anime was in the film Metropolis when Tima is going all terminator on Kenichi on top of the Ziggurat and Rock presses the self-destruct button on the tower. Just as the skyscraper starts blowing apart, the music changes to Ray Charels "I Can't Stop Loving You".

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 18, 2007, 12:32 PM
I would say Grave of the Fireflies was a very sad movie. I was also touched by the flashbacks of Rock Lee(mostly cuz I related to it) and definately Gaara's past when watching Naruto, Gaara IMO had by far the worst past of all of the characters in Naruto along with Naruto himself so far from what I've seen.

Sgt_Shligger
Jan 18, 2007, 01:17 PM
Hate to admit it but. . .

When Ash let Butterfree go ;_;

KyokoHunter
Jan 18, 2007, 01:35 PM
In Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, when Nausicaa dies trying to stop the stampede... and then she's brought back to life, I actually did shed tears at that.

watashiwa
Jan 18, 2007, 01:39 PM
One of the more recent touching scenes I can remember is from Full Metal Alchemist.

The scene where Ed and Al tell their teacher that they tried to revive their mother and then the teacher literally beats the shit out of them. Ed and Al pretty much just stand there and take it.

Afterward, the teacher pulls them close in a motherly sort of way and hugs them for a long time..

That scene kind of made me shed a tear.. =

AlphaMinotaux
Jan 18, 2007, 01:43 PM
ya know i thought i posted in this thread but it seems i only wrote the message and never hit the submit button :/ anyway my most touching moment was when the StrawHat Crew (One Piece) set fire to thier ship the Going Merry. The saddest part about it was that the scene before it is put to flames, the whole crew is saved by the ship from the world governments Buster Call

fixed for major grammatical errors

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2007-01-18 23:06 ]</font>

Anubis_
Jan 18, 2007, 04:21 PM
When the Police commishioner from Supermans Cartoon died..

Superman - As it seems.. the world didn't need a superman.. just a brave one..

no wait.. thats not anime..

Sweee.. !!! -_-

That goku thing then..

Banish
Jan 18, 2007, 04:28 PM
Mine would be

when Haku died trying to save Zabuza.

DizzyDi
Jan 18, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-01-18 10:17, Sgt_Shliggy wrote:

LOL Shlig ur such a pusky.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jan 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
Grave of the Fireflies: the whole wretched movie.

Leviathan
Jan 18, 2007, 05:51 PM

aww. mine too &when he almost lets pikachu go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

waaah!!

&this one ending of this one gundam.
<<i cant remember>>
the end had this guy who was missing his leg[s] or something i cant remember.

DikkyRay
Jan 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
hmmm.
At the end of Shuffle when Rin like went all emo to save Asa from dying.
hmmm what else. Hvnt watched anime in ages.
OH! When,in School Rumble, It showed a flashback of tenma and yakumo, and yakumo screamed "I hate you!" at tenma becasue tenma drew on a book their late dad gave them, so tenma went out in a storm to get yakumo another book.
Im a sissy and cried XD
AN anime game made me almost sob...TWICE (Tales of Symphonia)
First was when Botta sacrificed himself so the group could get out,
second was when Genis let Llyod escape, and then bothn of them cried becuse Genis didnt want to see him die... I cried so hard becasue i thought every person save lloyd died.
Oh, Scrub,i shed a tear when butterfree was released...

ABDUR101
Jan 18, 2007, 06:11 PM
The entire series of "Now and Then, Here and There".

Fleur-de-Lis
Jan 18, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-01-18 14:51, Leviatha wrote:
& this one ending of this one gundam.
<<i cant remember>>

That was Mobile Suit Gundam: 8th MS Team.

Neith
Jan 18, 2007, 07:26 PM
Off hand, probably in Chobits when Freya emerges in one of the final episodes- and you hear her story of her heartache

I don't watch a great deal of anime really, but that was a powerful few scenes.

EphekZ
Jan 18, 2007, 08:09 PM
well when I first saw Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz...I thought the main guy died(forgot his name) so that counts as my illegitimate touching ending http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

sunshade
Jan 20, 2007, 04:41 AM
[Spoilers]

Mine was in Ninja Scroll When Kagero dies in Jubei's arms I was like noooo. It was almost like I could feel his pain.

isahn80
Jan 20, 2007, 06:09 AM
On 2007-01-20 01:41, sunshade wrote:
[Spoilers]

Mine was in Ninja Scroll When Kagero dies in Jubei's arms I was like noooo. It was almost like I could feel his pain.

WTF that was going to be mine...

Seriously though, Ninja Scroll was the first anime that I saw (12 years ago BTW) that contained any kind of "emotional" moments, and therefore I wasn't expecting it and so it hit me rather hard.

I'm not all that phased by these kinds of scenes nowadays; not that I'm jaded or anything, I guess they just doesn't affect me like that anymore.

In a way I kind of wish they did.

McLaughlin
Jan 21, 2007, 01:32 AM
Probably when Lee fights Gaara. (He should have won that fight too T_T)

Or, the episode where the grandson of the Bridge builder has a flashback, and the other kid took his puppy and threw it in the lake and it nearly drowned. I had just gotten a puppy of my own so that one hit home >_>

The Season Finale of Book 2 of Avatar was a real good episode too.

EDIT: Those are just some of my favorite moments. I don't think I've ever been emotionally touched enough by any show to cry (inside or out).

And to add to my list:

The episode of Bleach where Rukia is saved by Ichigo (FINALLY!) and then he owns the Three Vice Captains. Then in the next episode he uses his Bankai.

Ichigo's Bankai = Win

Speaking of Bleach...>_>

The episode where Uriyuu fights the Captain that killed his grandfather, and then he breaks his glove and grows that kick ass blue energy wing thingy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-01-20 22:41 ]</font>

DonRoyale
Jan 21, 2007, 01:55 AM

Since I haven't seen many tear-jerkers since that, this takes it.

Shut up Dizz >>

Schubalts
Jan 21, 2007, 09:21 PM
I have to say, Gold(totally spelled that wrong)'s death in Macross Plus.

The deaths of the Zeon soldiers in Mobile Suit Gundam: 0080: War in the Pocket. And the death of Master Asia in G Gundam.

Fergusson's death in the original Hellsing show.

SOMEBODY already said Spike's death. You know who you are...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Schubalts on 2007-01-21 18:24 ]</font>

g0r177az
Jan 22, 2007, 12:08 AM
*sigh* ok. When Haru-Hara-Haru-ko kissed Takun and then left him. For those who don't know that's from FLCL. I nearly cried all night.

g0r177az
Jan 22, 2007, 12:08 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: g0r177az on 2007-01-21 21:11 ]</font>

Moo2u
Jan 22, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-01-17 20:07, DizzyDi wrote:
Ending of Bebop.

...bang...

Scales_of_Air
Jan 22, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-01-18 15:11, ABDUR101 wrote:
The entire series of "Now and Then, Here and There".

That one was heavy...

Mononoke Hime was cute

Bebop was powerful

0080, 83, and 8th MS Team all had their emotional extremes.

Candidate for Goddess was building up extremely well, and then the manga artist died http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BigGoldRobot
Jan 22, 2007, 04:27 AM
The end of Gungrave (tear jerker) Or two instances in Gankutsuou: when Albert meets Eugenie at her concert or their meeting at the end. I wont say anything to spoil it...so friggin' sad...

rena-ko
Jan 22, 2007, 08:00 AM
the most recent time? hina ichigo in season 2, episode 10.

washuguy
Jan 22, 2007, 08:41 AM
When Washu (Tenchi Muyo episode something) Describes getting her baby taken away...

SAD

Clover
Jan 23, 2007, 01:51 AM
Most of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.

MaximusLight
Jan 23, 2007, 02:52 AM
hmmm... dam I got nothing so far. Lets see, uh... (thinks back to his youth and all anime he's ever watched: DBZ.... ok no, never, I'll die from beating my brains against the wall before that happens. Next Pokemon: wait a second there were actually touching moments in it.... at least until ash lost in the pokemon league, then the only good stuff was in the movies... that's just sad... so NO! next up: Inu-Yaush... nope nothing special sorry. Naruto: well I can certainly relate to how naruto feels at time but the only thing noteworthy is the fight with Susake... NO YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIIDING I WILL DO BETTTER THEN THAT ARG! Bleach: I really need to watch this... FMA: Like ever filping epsiode!)

OK I'm Going with FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, when the little girl is turned into a cimhra.. *sniffle... and Huges dieing that hurt too.

Daikarin
Jan 23, 2007, 05:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ly02eOPPo

Nah, just kidding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzI7pguRHIs

AC9breaker
Jan 23, 2007, 07:11 AM
Mufasa's death. :'-(

Followed by Rock Lee versus Gaara
Then the deaths of the Tachikomas, on both seasons of GiTS:SAC

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 23, 2007, 08:17 AM
I would also say this moment too, man, this is one of the worst ways someone can die. In case you guys don't understand what's going on, the guy is carrying the last piece of a pyramid and the guy who's making him doing(who's also the same guy who wounded his legs) is using a lot of little kids as hostages to make sure that he doesn't stop and keeps climbing. Also, the guy is blind and he regains his eyesight in his last moments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jj3gNff64U

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-01-23 05:22 ]</font>

Polly
Jan 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-01-22 05:00, rena-ko wrote:
the most recent time? hina ichigo in season 2, episode 10.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/970/11695845100983da.jpg

Strawberries are an important part of Kirakishou's diet :9 Not quite as ceremonius as the anime :(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Triela on 2007-01-23 12:47 ]</font>

soolayah
Jan 24, 2007, 09:52 AM
honey and clover II ep. 8. hagu-chaaan. ;_;

i just rewatched it to find out what episode it was on, and i started crying as soon as i saw the preview in ep. 7. xD

honey and clover I and II have been the most touching in any way for me, i've never laughed or cried as much while watching any other series. gawd i love it. i need to get my hands on the manga.

MayLee
Jan 24, 2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, Chrono Crusade ending was crazy! I don't know about anime but a manga scene was emotional for me..

SPOILER ALERT! *InuYasha**

In the manga of InuYasha Sesshomaru is taking care of Rin and Kohaku, Sesshomaru runs into his mother and they talk about how to harness more strength. His mother tells him there is a way by trying to go through a test his father had set up for his sons but it was too dangerous. Sesshomaru doesn't hesitate to say he didn't care so his mother unleashes er hell hound. It takes Kohaku and Rin and runs away to hell. While Sesshomaru tries to rescue Rin he realizes that this place isn't safe for her. He kills the hell hound and takes Rin, Kohaku realizes that she is not breathing, Sesshomaru looks surprised and states that she no longer smells like a living being but of a dead corpse. Something happens And a Demon takes Rin away. Sesshomaru has no way to get back from Hell but out of his mother's care for her son she unleashes a portal from her necklace and tells him he must return because she can only do this once. He refuses and tells Kohaku to go through, but Kohaku refuses because he wants to save Rin as well.

Sesshomaru then tells Kohaku, "This arm is only for holding a sword" Which means he is not going to plung into battle trying to save him. (Scince he can't hold him with his other arm..it's gone) Kohaku understands and they go forward. Sesshomaru finds Rin's body on a pile of dead corpses and tries to revive her with Tensaiga. It doesn't work which leaves Sesshomaru thunderstruck. A demon appears which happens to be the keeper of corpses and Sesshomaru is left angry and sad. Sesshomaru sheds a tear and tells himself that he should have left her in the village instead of bringing her into great danger. He drops Tensaga and Picks Rin up/ He then says outloud that ke can't lose someone who was important to him and whips out his sword and kills the demon. He returns to his mother's castle and she was able to revive her with her necklace and tells sesshomaru she can no longer be brought back to life since Tensaiga brought her back and now her necklace. She also states that Kohaku cannot be brought back because of the jewel shard in his back. So they only have one life to live. Sesshomaru then rubs Rin on her head when she wakes up and leaves with Jaken, Kohaku, and Rin falllowing behind him

It's such a cute part of the manga!

zimmk2vgc
Jan 24, 2007, 02:13 PM
Has to be the point in Escaflowne when Hitomi kisses Allen. You're at the point where you think theyre never going to do it...and they do, when Van sees it. Very clever anime...

MetaZedlen
Jan 29, 2007, 07:58 PM
The worst thing that i have seen was when Sephiroth came down and stabbed right through
Aeris. It was even had to fight Jenova with such dramatic music playing, but i managed to tough it out.

zanotam
Jan 30, 2007, 01:20 AM

While admittedly sad, when he let CHARIZARD go that was the worst. I'd NEVER let MY charizard go in a Million bazillion times ten to the infinity power years!

Alisha
Jan 30, 2007, 02:43 AM
when pikachu beat cubone,because theres no way in hell that should of happend. ash was clearly using game genie.

more seriously in fushigi yugi/mysterious when nuriko died i was fighting back the tears....

Kent
Jan 30, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-01-29 23:43, Alisha wrote:
when pikachu beat cubone,because theres no way in hell that should of happend. ash was clearly using game genie.

I think the preferred method at that time, was Game Shark. That, and his Pikachu (would've) had a huge level advantage at the time, if I'm not mistaken... However, in the anime, they oft show Pikachu hurting enemies that would normally be electric-immune, with electric attacks, so... :/

Alisha
Jan 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
didnt that cubone have bonemerang? >.> that alone implies that the cubone was a higher level. one hit from cubone should of one shotted pikachu.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 31, 2007, 06:22 PM
wait, I thought that lightning elemental attacks had ZERO effect on ground pokemon, even if the pikachu was lv 100 and the cubone at level 1, the lightning should have still done 0 damage. thats what i remember from playing the first game at least.

Alisha
Feb 1, 2007, 04:30 AM
pikachu won via quick attack.... do you know how long that would take......

Nixia
Feb 2, 2007, 10:11 AM
Uggh, I cry at everything XD;;. A lot of them were already said, but here are a few:

-My first was probably when Ash let Butterfree go. But I quickly got used to it when he let just about ALL his pokémon go after that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif WTF Ash, letting Charizard, Pidgeot, and Primeape go?! For shame!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

-When Dende and Gohan say goodbye before Dende went back to Namek.

-Chrono Crusade's ending. I'll have to read the manga, I heard it was different ending-wise.

-The ending of Fullmoon wo Sagashite--it was such a happy ending.

-I cry at least twice per volume of Furuba XD (Fruits Basket)

Uggh, I don't think I can watch Grave of the Fireflies. Everyone cries at that, even people who didn't think they would. And I cry at everything XD;;

On 2007-01-31 15:22, Shiroryuu wrote:
wait, I thought that lightning elemental attacks had ZERO effect on ground pokemon, even if the pikachu was lv 100 and the cubone at level 1, the lightning should have still done 0 damage. thats what i remember from playing the first game at least.

You're absolutely right. Lightning has no effect on ground or rock pokémon. Ash used Hax man, nuff said.

blazeu25
Feb 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
well dont no if is a sad part but its really fuked up. wen caska is gettin raped and gatts is jus watchin his best friend rapin his girl while is eye is gettin ripped out. very fuked up endin.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7NLIkndlq0

best anime ever tho

BigGoldRobot
Feb 3, 2007, 06:23 AM
Thought of another one:

Pool scene in Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad with maho and koyuki singing "Moon on the Water"

Drakorn
Feb 3, 2007, 06:25 AM
I like Mezza

-Ryuki-
Feb 3, 2007, 06:50 AM

Pikachu's Goodbye.

Now shush, and indulge in tears with me~

Derek0660
Feb 3, 2007, 11:58 AM
the last episode of fooly cooly when haruko leaves. that was pretty sad, i have to admit.

but i didn't cry.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 3, 2007, 12:09 PM
Last Exile.

washuguy
Feb 4, 2007, 02:52 PM
Did anyone mention the last episode of Cowboy bebop?

Scrub
Feb 4, 2007, 07:02 PM
Off-topic here but

On 2007-02-02 07:11, Nixia wrote:

You're absolutely right. Lightning has no effect on ground or rock pokémon. Ash used Hax man, nuff said.

Actually electric affects rocks fine. I found this out when I gave Sudowoodo the zapper.

Uhhh...I dont watch enough anime to turn this into a relevant post so I'll just in Elite Beat Agents(it's sort of a cartoon its from Japan SHUT UP) on You're The Inspiration. I didnt bawl but I shed a tear or two.

OR FIFTY. DON'T JUDGE ME.

Nidramag
Feb 4, 2007, 07:10 PM
oh, GOD.
that is the crappiest game for the DS I have seen...
tried it, cursed it's stupidity to hell.

Scrub
Feb 4, 2007, 07:34 PM
Get the hell off my planet.

chaos89
Feb 4, 2007, 07:55 PM
eurika 7 when charles and his wife(forgot her name) die

VanHalen
Feb 4, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-02-04 16:55, chaos89 wrote:
eurika 7 when charles and his wife(forgot her name) die

Katrina
Feb 5, 2007, 05:36 PM
Gunslinger Girl, the entire series is touching and sad to me. Elsa's killing her only love, then commiting suicide, Triela and Henrietta's abusive backgrounds. The series is dark, violent, touching, and sad.

Omega_Weltall
Feb 8, 2007, 02:59 PM
i liked that one part on Urotsukidoji when the tentacles come out and they go up the girl's...i don't think this is appropriate for this thread.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omega_Weltall on 2007-02-08 12:05 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Feb 8, 2007, 03:08 PM
Uh, I doubt it is. But if you must that isnt really a touching moment.

Sinue_v2
Feb 9, 2007, 01:53 AM
I dunno, from the description it sounds like there was plenty of "touching" in that flick to me.

Kevino
Feb 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
Trigun #2
"During this conversation I could have grabbed your breasts 5 times." -Vash to Dominique the cyclops.