PDA

View Full Version : BB's offline adventure, in ultimate. ^w^

SaitoH
Nov 29, 2002, 11:27 AM
Ultimate difficulty is pretty hard for a tiny HUcaseal. At level 95, BB finds the forest to be a joke, but the caves are hard and the mines are darn tough. Hunters usually have a problem with the mines though ...

*shakes fist at Canabins, Sinows and Gillchichs*

I'm not experienced with androids -only had one low level android character previously- and have never used the androids mine ability before. So here are a few strategies I've developed for combating Ultimate difficulty.

Defense and you

Armour is your best friend when you play a tank. As well as wearing the best defense armour and shield, I found its best to beef up your defense with slot items. BB's current loadout is:

God/HP
Metal body
Metal body
General battle

I used to have ogre powers, but I found 100 atp = 33 dmg (some testing I did), so the minimal damage increase isn't worth it, IMHO. With this current setup, BB almost never gets knocked down in the Ult forest and can even survive Ult ruins!(little help from a good Force =P ) That includes Grants from chaos sorcerers and hits from those nasty Del D's.

Dragons and worms, OH MY!

Androids have it hard when fighting bosses. You can only carry 10 dimates and 10 trimates, which can make it very tough to survive. A little trick I noticed (and I'm sure all people that play android characters have too) is you can enter the boss teleporter, drop your dimates and trimates then die. Stock up, go back down and the stuff you dropped, will still be there, when you challenge the boss again.

I've been fighting the dragon and trying to fight Del rol with a sword class weapon. It's tough to get in good hits, even the Sil dragon was giving me trouble, that was, until I discovered the power of the Slicer weapons. With multiple hits and a range attack, the dragon is a breeze and, although it takes a while, Del rol is pretty easy.

Rock 'em sock 'em robots

Gillchichs suck ass. Hard to knock down, double hits, slow down effect and they can easily swarm you. Freeze mines are handy, but don't underestimate the power of confuse. Run around like a mad fool, to group the Gillchichs, then lay a confuse mine, retreat, and watch the fun ensue! A couple of confuse mines can turn 8 Gillchichs into 1. They really tear into each other, It's Hilarious! Too bad confuse sucks on Canabins though ...

GOD DAMMIT! I HATE THOSE FLYING ENEMIES!

I don't really have a good strategy for canabins. When they are attacking you at low level a sword works well, but when they are flying all you can really do is shoot them down, then chop them up. On the big groups, I like to break out my trusty rappy fan though.

Death from above

Sinows are annoyingly strong. In the small rooms, I tend to wait till they drop, lay a freeze mine, do a combo with my sword, then run out of the room and wait till they reset back to the ceiling. Kinda lame, but when a couple hits can kill you there isn't much else to do.

This is the end

I don't have much else to say. Take your time, don't underestimate slicers, defense is a tanks best friend, and use your confuse mines!

BB out!

^w^

neko-chan
Nov 29, 2002, 11:44 AM
Gillchichs are annoying as hell.

I usually bring a pair of mechguns and, if possible, try to dispose a couple of them from long distance because they are a little slow to "wake up" and start chasing you.

What really bothers me is their dam laser. 90% of times they smack me down with that stupid laser. Oh! And slow motion effect >_<

BTW... what BB stands for? Briana Banks? ^_^;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2002-11-29 08:45 ]</font>

DeathCheese87
Nov 29, 2002, 12:05 PM
BananaBot

anyway, ive been playing offline very frequently now with my RAmar (grandparents are over, cant use the modem downstairs). as always i can tear through the forests and sil dragon pretty easily. the caves arent too tough, but its de rol that gets me. for some reason, his tentacle attacks will usually bring me down to 160 something. other times it will flat out kill me. im sorta puzzled at this. i was lvl 90 with around 550 hp (not sure).

when i get to mines, im going to wonder if a RAcast would have suited me better, with traps and all. then again, resta will be pretty nice as well. any tips for a ranger in mines?

SaitoH
Nov 29, 2002, 12:19 PM
If you can't take a critical hit, that would make Dal ral Lie a LOT tougher. BB has over 700 HP and good defense, so she can survive them. You'll have to memorize the pattern for his tentacle attacks, so you can avoid being hit altogether, as they are a lot more aggressive then De rol le.

Personally, I think rangers would have an easier time in the mines, since you are attacking at a distance. Shot weaps and rifles are your friend!

^w^

Brundidge
Nov 30, 2002, 12:01 AM
Ah yes ultimate mode. Me also a little tiny HUcaseal I can pretty much get around ultimate forest but never attempting passing mines due to losing too many times to the boss (I'm lvl 78 I can't take it yet) but also I have the most suck ass equipment (yamato +30/rappy fan/calibur +6 with 40%hit). Man it really sucks. I found no goo rares yet in ultimate. The only rares I found so far were Durandal and Sacred Cloth. Plus I don't have a modem to play online yet. I have to play more strategy here in ultimate. But yes don't underestimate the power of slicers now. I was able to burn through all the bosses with slicers (except for Dark Falz which doesn't have that many multiple targets and his final form which has none).

AynRand
Nov 30, 2002, 09:14 AM
Banana Bot is you SaitoH? cool , Old miss aviendha (SP)I'd seen you in lobbies did'nt know heh,

HUcaseal do have trouble i havr had one raised NAUSICAA to lvl 100 and kinda left her then in favor of HUnewearl(my favorite class on DC/GC). I miss technqiues, though hucaseals do pretty much own all the way thru normal to vhard.

you may remember my DC chars, like Takahashi the HUmar for example, i remember taking you and a group of people thru the maracas quest O_o