PDA

View Full Version : Why isnt Pal Rappy showing up in Fake In Yellow quest!?

Tiger
Nov 29, 2002, 11:31 AM
Ok so I do the pipe trick in a room with 6 rappies. Now keep in mind I didnt hit any of them or anything. I warp back and forth, keep in mind YES IM DOING THIS TRICK PERFECTLY. Sure a HUGE el Rappy pops up once in a while but thats not a rare rappy. So after 15 tries I give up. WHY ISNT THIS TRICK WORKING!? How many tries until a stupid pal rappy comes up?

Blue-Hawk
Nov 29, 2002, 11:34 AM
keep at it. i quitr after a while too, did a different quest and went back to it and lo and behole, in the first room, was a pal rappy waiting for me to kill it. mmmmmmmm rappy meat.....
waht? it is thanksgiving after all.... and we need the bird right?

HUcastAndroid888
Nov 29, 2002, 11:42 AM
I've heard people who do the trick for 2 hours and it didn't work. It is just completely random.

Nintendo
Nov 29, 2002, 11:45 AM
What's the trick?

sMaRtAzZ
Nov 29, 2002, 12:21 PM
tp trick works quite well for me...i usually get a rare rappy after like 10 tries....longest i did a tp trick was for 25 minutes but i noticed when i play the beats are like the same (i.e. 077, 112, 001, etc.) its quite odd....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ian D
Nov 29, 2002, 12:40 PM
On 2002-11-29 08:45, Nintendo wrote:
What's the trick?

You keep piping up and down in a room with a lot of enemies until a rare one shows up. Complex, eh?

[Edited because I love you.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian D on 2002-11-29 09:43 ]</font>

Blur2168
Nov 29, 2002, 01:40 PM
yea from what i hear ( i havn't actually tryed it) its completely random. some people get it in 5 min others dont get it till 50min some just don't get it period. so just keep @ it and im sure it'll come up 4 ya!

Eum
Nov 29, 2002, 01:50 PM
Thank goodness for Ryuker.

EsperFlame
Nov 29, 2002, 01:57 PM
I'm beginning to believe the double digit thing. I was online in Ult Forest when the rare Hilde popped up at 070. It's weird cause it seems whenever there's 2 of the same numbers anywhere in the beat time rare enemies drop. Unfortunately theHilde just dropped a freaking dimate.

ChibiMyu
Nov 29, 2002, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the club. The third room has 8 rappies, so I usually use that one to increase my chances... but after seeing about 500 of the regular things, I am getting rather tired too. :/

Beats do have something to do with it ( http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=34648&forum=1&8 ), but I think I need to take a break before trying this again. I tried to get another hildeblue in the vhard temple two nights ago, but the only other hunter on the team got d/ced and we only managed to see three hildbears during the "rare beat" period. *sigh* I also think ids might have something to do with it. My DC redria saw more nar lilies than anything - even though I spent more time in the forest.

Maybe I should try just killing the rappies instead of piping... at least I get exp for that. Someone also suggested quiting the game/powering down, and then loading the quest again.

Good luck.

Cheech
Nov 29, 2002, 05:01 PM
I piped 34 times in a room with 6 El Rappies before I saw a Pal rappy. Dropped a Red Handgun.

But, with Mil Lillies. I piped 128 times in a room with 4 Lillies before I saw one. It dropped Meseta instead of my Demo Comet. -.-;;

Also, I'm thinking maybe section ID depends which rare monster you see. I know thos is pretty far out there, but With Viridia I've seen tons of Nar lilles (I think a total of 10 between Normal-Vhard). And with my ID, Redria, I see a lot of Al, Pal, and Love rappies.