PDA

View Full Version : PM Dilemma

Krans
Jan 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
So I've been reading about the various PM's here and im still quite far off mine is only lv. 8 all striking. Im using a beast fighgunner and im trying to max striking for synthesizing however a max striking 410 might not benefit my char best. Would it be better to make the synth PM on another character and try to maker a 450 or something on my beast?

and how the heck do you guys level your PMs so fast, its taken me forever to get it to lv 8, i guess because i have to feed it weaps so much and i dont have weaps to feed to often.

Anyway any advice given is appreciated

Xtian913
Jan 18, 2007, 03:08 PM
Well, you might also take into consideration feeding it some higher level items like Moon Atomizers and Sol Atomizers, etc, althought they will also raise TECH which can easily be lowered once you find the correct combination of items. Also, don't forget you can only feed your PM 100 items every 12 hours, so if you can manage to be online as long as the 12 hour mark resets you can feed them twice in one day, which can lead to raising a PM around 10 levels a day on moderate items.

Also, I would suggest making a PM for synthing on an alternate characters. My main character is a Fortetecher so I'm creating a 420 for melee and plan on eventually starting a PURE TECH PM on my alternate Beast or Cast (haven't decided yet) character so that they can be healed and I can make rods/wands for my main & for meseta as well. All depends on what goals you want to achieve with certain characters/classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-01-18 12:10 ]</font>

February
Jan 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
My Alts Pure Strike was raised feeding my PM Old 6-7* weapons from my main. (As well as lesser stars and scape dolls and what not.) My first PM took me a month or two to fully evolve.

Krans
Jan 18, 2007, 09:40 PM
ok ive made up my mind, my Pure PM will be on my other character ill have a pure striking 410 on my force character. but for my main beast fighgunner character anyone have the best suggestion since its going to cost a lot of time and money, im leaning towards 450, is that the only one that heals you a lot?

Rashiid
Jan 18, 2007, 11:03 PM
be aware: 410 STAY on u, they wont run off to fight a monster, they wait till they get real close

MayLee
Jan 18, 2007, 11:26 PM
You might want to try and make all PMs, or a PM depending on your battle and or a PM for synthing. I WAS going for a 420 but something happened and I can't get it.

Krans
Jan 19, 2007, 02:59 AM
dont have cash to make multiple PMs gonna make one pure strike but for my main beast char i need something i can party with best im thinking 450, 420 would be my second choice i think

RuPiKa
Jan 19, 2007, 03:10 AM
I like having a 410 with my Force. It is like a body guard of sorts and that works well with my style of play. With my ranger I have a 430 that works, ok. I shoot at something then she shoots it, too. But, I always got the feeling she would be better paired with a different class.

imfanboy
Jan 19, 2007, 03:11 AM
Hold up right now.

You can still make a 450, if you're careful; it's just very expensive and does take a while.

Raise strike to 9 - NO HIGHER - than search for the 2* wands in player shops. W'gasta, Staff, and Wandra I think. Check the stars. If you can't find any wands, buy 1* disks from the NPC shop. Once your Strike gets low thanks to the effect of the wands/disks, feed it dimates to add some relatively cheap Technic - just make sure to NOT go over 9 Striking.

Raise Technic until the PM reaches level 20. Then, feed it Dimates and dimates alone until the Striking reaches 19 - NO HIGHER THAN 19. After that, it's back to the long slow grind of 1* disks and wands alternating with dimates when it's safe to do so.

Do this until it reaches level 50. Yeah, I know, it's a slow grind, but once it reaches level 50 and evolves NOTHING can stop it from becoming a 450 - feed it Moon Atomizers and Moon Atom X's until it evolves to 80.

Since you aren't raising it to synth, you can leave it at 80; just make friends with someone who has good synthing PMs. ^-^

My 450 is at Striking 44 and Technic 36; and it is quite honestly one of the nastiest PMs in combat now that it heals, too. It's VERY worthwhile for a hunter solo because it jellens, restas, and foies. And it's EVIL... EEEEEEEVIIIIILLLL!!!!!

You can always raise a synthing PM later, should you feel so inclined; save cheap weapons for it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-19 00:12 ]</font>

Krans
Jan 19, 2007, 03:19 AM
thanks for the advice im going for that 450

Sydney
Jan 20, 2007, 07:32 AM
450 absolutely. Her heal spells make her the most useful for your type. If you make a 410/20 and cant heal her, say goodbye to S rank when you solo.......unless you want to keep buying star atimizers.