PDA

View Full Version : PSO Update Disk Thread

Ziggy-san
Nov 29, 2002, 12:50 PM
I got an idea. How about we have a stickeyd thread where we talk about that annoying update disk? Then, us importers can discuss how we can get it or something...

Just a thought...and I'll start with a question. When does it come out?

Zio
Nov 29, 2002, 07:31 PM
Supposedly it comes out in December. On another note, I love how all the domestic buyers call us importers "dumb", like we would know sonic team would leave a dupe bug in the final product.

mystic_knight
Nov 30, 2002, 02:23 AM
I bought domestic and i dont think it was dumb to import. The way the shortage in the states is goin i was lucky to get my copy. I scoured the state (Arkansas) and found only 1 copy, which is now sittin in my GC. Are you guys having to buy the new game, or is it some sorta "send us your serial # and we give you a disk" sorta thing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystic_knight on 2002-11-29 23:25 ]</font>

Scan_Man
Nov 30, 2002, 03:09 AM
We have to buy a new copy, since we do not have valid japanese addresses. Even if we could use addresses outside Japan, I doubt ST would send the game anyway. Importers just have to hope that when we buy v1.1, it will still allow us to transfers our characters.

Rhete
Nov 30, 2002, 03:25 AM
Didn't Sega state that it wouldn't be possible to buy version 1.1?

If that is true then they are really going out of their way to stop inporters, since the only way to get 1.1 would be with a valid Japanese address

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhete on 2002-11-30 00:36 ]</font>

Atax
Nov 30, 2002, 05:42 AM
It's been said before that you can transfer your characters, but you loose all items/mags/weapons..... And get a jack-o-lanturn as a replacement. ^_^

If you were prepared to go through the trouble, you could most like get a PO Box set up at a japanese post office, and have all mail sent to it sent to your local post office. Downside to this would be that you would have to pay what ever costs the japanese post office used to send your mail to your country.

Zio
Nov 30, 2002, 09:48 AM
you have to be able to purchase v1.1 because what about all the other japanese who didnt purchase v1 but would like to purchase it after the update comes out. Forcing Japanese people buy a defective disk and then trade it in doesnt sound logical. Not to mention ST is very lazy.

mystic_knight
Nov 30, 2002, 04:21 PM
That's some bull crap...glad I didn't import...they should send it anywhere that there is a defective disk...it's their fault it's screwed up, not yours.

Lileya
Nov 30, 2002, 04:34 PM
On 2002-11-30 13:21, mystic_knight wrote:
That's some bull crap...glad I didn't import...they should send it anywhere that there is a defective disk...it's their fault it's screwed up, not yours.

It's cause you AREN'T supposed to import... Supposedly it even says on the back of the jp version box that the game is only for people living in Japan! I hope I could read japanese! >_<

TedEdFred
Nov 30, 2002, 06:06 PM
challenge mode status remains?

offline s-ranks?

Ziggy-san
Dec 1, 2002, 01:36 PM
OK, I did some Babelfish translating. Apparantly if you give them your serial and access keys you'll be taken to a form where you put in your (Japanese) address, and according to a few pictures, how it works is you send them your old disk, they send you the new disk, with instructions on how to convert your characters. Or at least, that's what I could make of the horrible horrible translations.

And meanwhile, I'm trying to get a freaking Hunter's Licence to get online at all, but I don't even know if it's worth it, if I can't go to the US servers. And then there's the problem with the keyboard.

Why does everything suck? Bahh!!

Zio
Dec 1, 2002, 09:11 PM
ugh this does not sound good. Well ill wait and see what other importers do, once the time comes.

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 1, 2002, 09:34 PM
If I were you, I would just buy the US version and save myself the hassle, and play the JP version offline. But, if you don't want to lose your chars, you might just want to set up a JP P.O. box. I wonder if the JP characters work with the US game.....

Scan_Man
Dec 2, 2002, 02:50 AM
I'm sticking with jp version. I plan to buy v1.1 even if I can't convert my characters. I will just start over. I refuse to get US because I feel ST gives America less support, plus the HL fee is more. I can afford to buy and play US version online, but why pay more when I can pay less?

LollipopLolita
Dec 2, 2002, 02:59 AM
if you enter your serial number and access code,and if you used a fake japanese address, the 1.1 disc will be sent to that address.

Ziggy-san
Dec 2, 2002, 03:18 PM
Points taken.

I will NOT get the US version no matter what, because I already payed enough to get my GameCube modded. I will, somehow, get the V 1.1 disk and play online. Until I get the disk, I'll stay offline and just concentrate on leveling up, and obviously ignore any and all items, for the most part.

Uhh...that is all.

Ina
Dec 3, 2002, 06:47 PM
mmm.... Anyone know if the box of the v1.1 looks different to the v1's box??? if it is out that is..... >_<;; coz I saw in a local import shop that has the JP ver GC PSO.... but I'm not sure if that one they got there is the v1.1 or not...