PDA

View Full Version : XBox: I read a while ago that the xbox version has a new cha

spawn
Nov 29, 2002, 02:21 PM
I read a while ago that the xbox version has a new character, now that it's out, what is the new character ?

Kenks23
Nov 29, 2002, 02:59 PM
It's out already? I didn't think it was out yet; xbox live has been out for a bit now, though. But I didn't think PSOX launched with XLive.

Maybe I'm just outta the xbox loop but last I checked, I didn't think it was out. --;

HUcastAndroid888
Nov 29, 2002, 03:07 PM
It is in beta in Japan right now, not here.

MalambisBZ
Nov 29, 2002, 07:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a false rumor. The supposed new char is not on the cover of the XBOX game. Also, having 13 would un-balance everything, they would have to add 3 for it to be balanced.

FinalMasterM
Nov 30, 2002, 05:01 AM
On 2002-11-29 16:44, MalambisBZ wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's a false rumor. The supposed new char is not on the cover of the XBOX game. Also, having 13 would un-balance everything, they would have to add 3 for it to be balanced.

They can't. The only 2 possible classes they could add are HUnewm and HUmarl. Since the unwritten law of Phantasy Star states that Newmans can't be Rangers and that (big duh here) Driods can't use Techs.

mystic_knight
Nov 30, 2002, 04:24 PM
Y can't newmans be rangers?

FinalMasterM
Nov 30, 2002, 05:12 PM
On 2002-11-30 13:24, mystic_knight wrote:
Y can't newmans be rangers?

Something about their ATA being too low. I forgot the exact reason, but it's talked about before here.

Kupi
Nov 30, 2002, 06:16 PM
Simply put (and to my best knowledge), there hasn't been any a single Newman character in previous Phantasy Stars that's relied on guns. Always claws for the elvin hottie-girl. :/

That, and I think the theory was that Newmen are genetically engineered to be either physically superior (HUnewearl) or mentally superior (FOnewm/earl) to the average human. Given, that's average, so they're better off than a civilian either way. That still leaves room for other HUs to be superior to them. For instance, Androids can only be designed to be superior to humans physically, so of course they'll excel in that more than a HUnewearl would.

If I had my way, there'd be every single combination possible, including FOcasts (which I've come up with several ideas for), but that's just not the case.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kupi on 2002-11-30 15:22 ]</font>

MilkManX
Nov 30, 2002, 06:44 PM
What about Half Android and Half Human/Newman FOrce types? That might be interesting. At least looks wise. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Blue147
Nov 30, 2002, 08:39 PM
i saw tw0 pics of the new xboxs char weather thier realy or not i dont know.http://urlwww.psoexplorer.com/PSOE/gallery/sonicteampic.htm

if that dosent work just goto psoexplorer.com and go to gallery then sonic team promotional u cant miss then one a big ape thing and the other looks like rico

HUcastAndroid888
Nov 30, 2002, 08:44 PM
It says it is a HUnewm in the address bar.

There is also a HUmarl there. These were probably concept sketches when they were making the 3 characters, and they only made 3 of them, leaving the HUnewm and HUmarl to rot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUcastAndroid888 on 2002-11-30 17:47 ]</font>

SuperSubZero
Dec 1, 2002, 04:48 AM
Those drawing are all in the Japanese PSO Book of Hunters book, which is a couple of years old. There are other concept characters they didn't put on that site.

Siegfried
Dec 1, 2002, 06:08 PM
The new class is of it's own. BGates. Starts with MST of 8000 and a Modem Mag. Yup...

MilkManX
Dec 2, 2002, 05:55 PM
On 2002-12-01 15:08, Siegfried wrote:
The new class is of it's own. BGates. Starts with MST of 8000 and a Modem Mag. Yup...

He probably has glasses that let him see how much meseta each chest has also. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

HappyFaceCrew
Dec 2, 2002, 06:44 PM
Well to me it seems that the Rico-looking char could in fact be Rico from Phantasy Star in a quest on EP2 or something. Just a guess seeing as to how whenever a character on an offline quest joins your team they show the name and level. Another reason why i believe that its a quest is because of the fact that, if you pay attention to the buttons on the bottom right, it shows the little chat icon meaning that the character being played (Melissa) is talking to a computer Rico.

HappyFaceCrew
Dec 2, 2002, 06:46 PM
BTW sorry but i didnt say that this was in reference to the pic in http://www.psoexplorers.com