PDA

View Full Version : Tips for leveling up Spells and Support Techs,...FAST!!!

DarkSeph
Jan 19, 2007, 09:21 PM
Ok, I'm sure most already know this.....I would hope so! But here are some tips for those who don't to level up Attack/Support spells faster! Wayyy Faster!

Assuming you have a group of people your partying with who are OK with you doing this, for the support spells, the more people you cast a support spell on, the higher your percent goes to level up the spell...don't believe me? Just try using one on yourself say 10 times in a row, then 10 times on a group of people in a row....Big Difference Huh! If you can get a group of people who's OK with it, and you don't mind getting Nerfed out of Exp (or I guess you could attack each monster once, if they don't get pissed at you for doing that either) just go all the way through casing support spells and spells to lower enemy defense, attack, etc....and you should gain a couple levels by the end of each mission, till around the 20+ range that is...and as for Resta that only works when someone is hurt...doesn't count if your not hurt....So I have gone with groups where all I did all mission was raise everyone's stats continuously with rods, heal of course too constantly, and lower enemy stats as well. Made for QUICK Missions..VERY QUICK! I think that's why no one booted me or made a stink about it....OR you could just be the party leader and then it wouldn't matter right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They either like it or leave. But it cut the battle time in half to do what I just said...People rushed through and I healed like mad, rasied stats...oh well, rambling now....you get it right?

Ok, the Attack spells....Obviously it's the same method, hit more monsters per attack, raise percent/level faster. Barta especially. Solo LL and hit as many Monsters on A if you can, or B, C...whatever your able to do, don't bother with S unless you want to level Dambarta, that's the only one worth trying on S. Anyway, use weaker wands/rods if you want so you can attack more times before killing enemies OR just boost your stats and rush through A over and over.....I leveled up GiFoie to 11 on only 4 A Rank runs (2 Unsafe Passage and 2 Fight for Food, both A)

hope that helps those who don't know

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkSeph on 2007-01-19 18:21 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jan 19, 2007, 09:26 PM
for buffs: there are leveling parties where a bunch of forces gather around some charge cube and buff eachother ad infinum.

for debuffs: linear line C, find yourself 6 pannons. if youre over level 10 they shouldnt hurt you at all. debuff them until you reach level 11 on each of them. or 21, if thats what you prefer.

normal techs... cast them a lot.

DarkSeph
Jan 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
WOW!!!! Your Awesome rena-ko http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I didn't even think about that!!! Moatoob comes to mind already....now all I need is to find a party who wants to do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif....

and the Debuffs........AWESOME!!!!! HEHEHe...ok, I'm gonna go do that now before I wet myself...*blush*

Jae
Jan 19, 2007, 10:28 PM
Beware using a regular xp/mp group to spam your buffs if there is another Fortetecher around. If your buffs aren't 21+ already, you WILL overwrite the stronger buffs with your weaker ones. Personally I don't care because if someone else wants to spam buffs, leaving me free to do other things, I'm actually grateful.

But just remember that there are those really anal people out there that just have to do everything or their brains will explode.

rena-ko
Jan 19, 2007, 10:40 PM
well, get your buffs to 21 and any level after that doesnt really matter. problem solved.

Tita
Jan 20, 2007, 03:15 AM
you dont have to lose exp when you're leveling your buffs that way.
take some time to debuff spawns amidst your buff spamming.
*instant exp on ALL monsters*

i dont see why a team would be opposed to a full time buffer/debuffer in their party on most occassions.

sounds like full-of-win to me.

Jae
Jan 20, 2007, 05:26 AM
On 2007-01-19 19:40, rena-ko wrote:
well, get your buffs to 21 and any level after that doesnt really matter. problem solved.

That wasn't my point. My point was that a level 1 buff will overwrite a level 21 buff in a group. He who casts the last buff... or something like that.

So like I said, I personally wouldn't care if someone overwrote my buffs with low level ones, but other people do. Leveing your buffs like the OP suggested while in an XP/MP group might draw you some ire.

Knight_of_MIA
Jan 20, 2007, 09:14 AM
@Jae:
I agree with you. Yesterday I experienced that on my own, though I was not even spamming buffs, it was a regular buff before the next wave of enemies came... itīs starts to get hard on teaming with gamers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Errorrrr
Jan 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
Can't you spam buffs on NPC??/ doesn't that count as well??? they wont' complain AT ALL XD

ChocoboChad
Jan 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
You can, Errorrr, but there's a 2 NPC limit for your party. That's the only downside.

Hildigam
Jan 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
The easiest way that I have is simple

Logitech G15 keyboard.

I set up a macro, set it to auto repeat, goto bed. GG. With the 2 npcs in the pt maybe you don't level like a 6 person party but hey... your asleep!

DarkSeph
Jan 21, 2007, 04:03 PM
........I didn't even think about spamming on my NPC's......sheesh, your all smart than me........well to raise my buffs I'm gonna invite NPC's since I can't seem to get a party to gather round a PP Cube in Moatoob.......and as for raising my Debuffs I love the method rena-ko suggested http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, it's working beautifully!

And yeah, I was in a party too the other nite where the other guy had higher level spells than me for Buffs, but he wouldn't do it that often and he didn't use all of them when he'd start buffing everyone, either that or he would focus on himself/herself and when others went over to him he would be half way through spells and they would miss some. So I basically would every chance I got Still do my Buffs over everyone and I figured he could either get out of the way or buff again after that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.......but he was focusing mainly on Debuffing all the monsters for exp so it worked out well....did 3 S rank runs on Neudaiz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Eksukallybahr
Jan 21, 2007, 05:20 PM
Buffs - Gather around a cube and buff each other

Debuffs - In the first mission from flyer base on Parum, on the third area sometimes there is a cube, and 4 mobs pop, either Koltovas or those Other things, anyways, there is a little area you can stand where mobs cant hit you, right next to the recharge cube, so just sit there and spam debuffs, recharge, repeat.

Normal Techs - Remember those areas where mobs can't hit you? well those are in all outdoor maps, all over the place. Find the hardest mission you can do, find those "safe spots" and spam away. Insei-sou lvl 1-21 in 2 Solo Ouma A runs. Dont forget, you CAN leave the mission to recharge, it wont cancel the mission.