PDA

View Full Version : Who was thinking of PSIV when... (some PSU spoilers, maybe)

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2007, 09:23 PM
... we are going to satellite Laia! *cues Landeel's theme song*

---

After you beat Zio and you free Demi and get Wren you go to that satellite where the computer is somewhat infected with Dark Falz's stuff...

Been always curious how the PSU storyline is going to play out even if there is no relationship what-so-ever to the old games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-01-19 20:23 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
What do you think, Sharkyland? Do we hold out and hope that the 4th Phantasy Star franchise links them all together as a single universe, or do we give up on that idea?

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-01-19 18:48, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
What do you think, Sharkyland? Do we hold out and hope that the 4th Phantasy Star franchise links them all together as a single universe, or do we give up on that idea?

It's been a while since I've played PSIV that I can't remember the whole walkthrough anymore. I'm just taking shots at what the storyline is going to offer...

Well... let's take the facts on what we know.
1. That damn Magashi is still alive.
2. There are more areas that are affected by SEED.
3. Who are the Illuminates?
4. Laia will recognize Ethan as a good guy.
5. SEEDs likes A-photons.

What are similar in PSIV...
1. (hmm, that guy that follows you and turns into a boss later on... maybe but of course in this scenario he's of course not a friendly type of person who somewhat kinda knows what he is doing and your typical badass guy who underestimates the hero from time to time) Kinda feel like those honorific guys who loves battle and will spill the beans on why he did it and such... and give you some sobbing story like I was a scientist and during the Melove explosion I lost my body and became a CAST... suddenly this dark eerie force surrounded me and I started to lose my mind as that 'dark force' took over my body... I tried to stop it, but... blah blah
2. Air Castle, Satellite, Machine Factory and those other places
3. Air Castle subordinates I should say... forgot what the heck they did (end of the world, acclaim!)
4. (Nothing in PSIV like this.)
5. This is just one of those things... Abyss. Hahaha, it's MOTHER! Think of it... babies, SEEDS!!!

Now, how to back this information up... rumors I've been hearing...
1. Total of 6 planets/areas with more than 1 city in each of them. Weird rumor I've ever heard. Kinda looks bland with just those 4 areas (GC, Parum, Neudaiz, and Moatoob). About the cities... transportation hmm, seems like out of the question. Tanks, water speeders, air bikes, those dinosaur rejects, etc... so what's the point of introducing new cities? Literally I have no clue.
2. 85 bosses total. From the launch of PSU trailer, it's going to have a lot of bosses, not like the one's we have seen but it could be a similar to each one... like dimmygod and ohmygod (whatever...)... ooo are we going to face that hideous hydra (Abyss!!!) This is just spectulation on how we love to see come true... sorta.
3. SS... bah. X mode! Higher level cap perhaps (100 is too low, and seems more than it really seem but... how will updates occur). Other photon arts & spells... advanced classes from 10 to 20?! 12* bah... where's my 13* XD (really dumb rumor, 535 is max?)

So... what makes this untrue...
1. Soundtrack has been released. What are we going to expect? Not much new tracks to give us any idea that this stuff is going to happen
2. Rumors are just there to make you get excited... more cities, yeah what's the point of that?
3. Boss C is already like Boss B and A but a different element and if this one part breaks you gotta attack this part then... or it has one new attack or does something radically different!
4. That would seriously suck if 100 is the level cap.

Bah, I'm thinking way too much. I doubt some of this is true.

-prays... please no photon eraser and reflector thing (watch it be one the missions that super rewarding if you do it right... pain in the ass cmode)-

That would be awesome to see if the NPCs just began to do the leadership stuff and tells you to forms parties and say you're going to lead the front with your selected group members and tackle the enemy while Laia says Ethan & others will cover you. Good luck team!!

---

Btw... in my PSO/PSU comic, I'm combining PS2-4, PSO, and PSU together (so sue me that I don't have a mega drive to play PS1).

PSII leads to PSIII (our planet is dying we need to get off this piece of dirt)...

PSIII leads to PSO & PSU... yay colonies oh lookie dark falz is playing hitchhiker...

PSIV... one of the colonies from PSIII... Abyss eh? Just another Dark Falzie thing, fails and we go to...

PSO... another colony from PSIII... Dark Falz failed, let's move to... C.A.R.D. is kinda off story and not related to Falz... just 1000 years after PSIV

PSU... ANOTHER colony from PSIII... ANOTHER 1000 years after PSO

(well, that's how I think... you could probably prove me wrong but nyah nyah it's my comic)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2007-01-19 20:20 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 25, 2007, 03:38 PM
Well actually you forgot that alys took chaz under her wing. that kinda counts for #4 on your list, we just never see the early chapters of it .

As for the soundtrack, the following has been found for music by extracting the data from the disk. Shadow the hedghog, space channel 5, feel the magic xy, outer crater music from ep 4 which could summon PS3 into things (black hole anyone?) Vol Opt 2nd theme, and a few others.

A2K
Feb 28, 2007, 03:55 AM
PSU's story mode to me always felt like... well, Phantasy Star IV had the game ended after Zio's defeat.

I imagine we'd see more than one city for precisely the same reason Episode II gave us as the lab area of Pioneer 2. That, and, different hub cities would of course have stores stocked with different weapons, clothes, parts, et cetera. Being in a different region of the planet, they would also likely lead to unique missions around the area (which may or may not cross paths with existing areas as well). At present time there are only a handful (two or three on each planet such as Raffon Meadow or Mizuraki CD), and aren't too far from the "hubs".

Several cities are already mentioned offline: Tarcus (planetary capital) and Rozenom ("city of learning"... hint hint) on Parum, Kubara City (the junk hive where Kubara products get their moniker) on Moatoob.

The 85 boss count is probably inflated by including mini-bosses in that.