PDA

View Full Version : GC: Poll for the Corrupted: Did you use a 59 or 251?

sonicblue
Nov 29, 2002, 04:20 PM
I've been seeing a lot of people with corrupted characters recently and I'm really getting scared. If you have had your character corrupted in GameCube PSO, could you please do us a favor and vote for whichever memory card you were using at the time? Hopefully this will help others out.

sonicblue
Nov 30, 2002, 09:58 AM
Well that's one vote.I guess I overestimated the amount of people that have actually be corrupted. :|

Kupi
Nov 30, 2002, 10:03 AM
What might help is if you had a four-way poll:

Corrupted, 59
Corrupted, 251
Uncorrupted, 59
Uncorrupted, 251

We might see how many people haven't yet as well. There would have to be some minimum amount of time for how long you've gone uncorrupted, though. Hrm. :/ Keep the poll as-is, and just let it run for a while. You'll get more votes with time.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2002, 08:11 AM
hm, yes, very interesting theme -
please launch a poll v.2 like stated above ^_^

Elusive_Llama
Dec 3, 2002, 08:35 AM
Is there any way to transfer characters from, say, a 251 over to a 59? BTW, I'm using official mem cards.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2002, 08:51 AM
huh? so it happens with both cards... well, those who voted, should also post, how excactly they lost their chars - due to server-disconnection etc...

i guess the files are not copyable? then, no... there is no official way, except for raw-copy a memcard to another via pc or something like that...

RedFox
Dec 3, 2002, 09:49 AM
we need MUCH more votes in order to give us a better view in this poll.

3 votes is nowhere near enough for us to draw a valid conclusion.

but as we already have a vote for each type of memory card i wouldnt be surprised if the results turned out to show that the files can corrupt regardless of the memory card.

rena-ko
Dec 3, 2002, 09:59 AM
thats why it also has to be stated if its caused server-side or maybe even happened to players who cannot go online at all... by connection-failures / sudden disconnections and so on...

may sound rough but just posting 'i got my files corrupted' doesnt help the others.

but of course: my honest condolences to those who lost their charas/stuff...

Phobos-X
Dec 3, 2002, 11:26 AM
currently using a 251, havent had any problems as of yet

RagMasterRappy
Dec 3, 2002, 02:12 PM
This is not a PSO problem. I was playing THPS4 and I pulled the memory card and reinstered it is said that it needed to be reformatted. If you see this in any game, just pull the card out again and reinsert it securely.

CorneliusPower
Dec 3, 2002, 04:17 PM
Although I never LOST any character, I voted 251, I currently have my lvl 100 HUmar onit as well as my freshly made FOnewearl. Aside from corrupted files, always make sure your GC PSO disc is clean, i gotan error message saying," Could not read Gamecube Disc, please refer to your instruction booklet for more information." while I exited Pioneer2 to the lobby. Although I didnt lose my character, I lost unequipped items. The point is, it was scary when that happened cause I was thinking my file couldve been corrupt after that, so keep those discs clean. I feel you too sonicblue
true blue gamer, I get nervous when I exit Pioneer 2 and even ending my PSO session for the night, better yet when it auto-saves. I guess we can just relax for now. Just think about it, it hasnt happened to us yet so were doing something right. My 2 cents, peace.

Vejita
Dec 3, 2002, 07:53 PM
um the last thing i remember, i think, was i was doing challenge 2 with some guys and a tornado was coming and was risky and didnt shut off cuz we were close to the end of it, but lightning was striking rapidly and near so my BBA connection went out and i got DCed.i'm not sure if that was the last time i played but it could definitely be.
251 card

mystic_knight
Dec 3, 2002, 08:45 PM
I'm not sure if it was the card or not, but a friend of mine lost his Spy-Hunter save file while he was usin a 251

BurnPilot
Dec 4, 2002, 12:40 PM
When my data got corrupted it was on a 251 and it was only the PSO saves. All the other saves worked fine still. Also the card was not being removed from the Gamecube at all since it was my primary card and still had lots of space on it. I also had a card in the second slot and between the 2 I never had to remove them so I didn't. During my play time I never had a single disconnect or any connection problem and hadn't played another game on my Cube for at least 2 weeks, so the PSO disk hadn't even been swapped out. I asked my roommate, who I let play some too, if he had any problems and he said he had none. I just turned it on one night and it gave me a message saying it was corrupt.