PDA

View Full Version : GC: how many time you get dc in one day

Blue147
Nov 29, 2002, 05:08 PM
stupid poll but i just wanted to see cuz i can stay on only stay on like 20 mins and thats with BB lol.

(if i did this poll wrong let me know.)

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Nov 29, 2002, 05:19 PM
I'm on broadband cable modem. I bet you're using PPPoE to connect =>_<=;;;;

Blenjar
Nov 29, 2002, 05:20 PM
im confuse, wtf are you talking about.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 29, 2002, 05:20 PM
I haven't been disconnected since Monday, and I have a 56k modem.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 29, 2002, 05:22 PM
On 2002-11-29 14:19, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
Makes you wonder...why the hell did someone invent PPPoE? It's just a waste of technology...has no advantages over the other way of connecting.

milk
Nov 29, 2002, 05:39 PM
On 2002-11-29 14:22, DJ_Monkey wrote:

Makes you wonder...why the hell did someone invent PPPoE? It's just a waste of technology...has no advantages over the other way of connecting.

PPPoE is a simple way for broadband providers to give it's customers dynamic IPs.

Toyzferall
Nov 29, 2002, 07:09 PM
I use BBA. I don't get D/Ced very much at all. Maybe once every other day. I've never been D/Ced more than once in one day.

EsperFlame
Nov 29, 2002, 07:40 PM
I'm looking for the 0 Choice. I never get disconnected and I'm using 56k Modem. PPPoE isn't bad normally, just it really has no real use for PSO and PSO seems to really hate PPPoE. Now I have had a few FSOD's but I've only lost stuff during half of them. Good luck to everyone on staying connected. I havea feeling the programming for PSO will grow more stable once a few more months pass. I kinda feel sorry for those switching over to X-Box from GCN as for the first month they will experiance the exactsame problems we've had, but again I'm sure after they've had some time, they'll stabalize the servers better so that you suffer less problems.

Coran_Horn
Nov 29, 2002, 07:52 PM
Arg, I use PPPoE and get disconnected all the freakin time! is there anyway I can fix this short of getting a new ISP? It's been hell trying to play, and I've already lost several rares because my GC won't save when I get disconnected. Someone help XD

Blur2168
Nov 29, 2002, 08:00 PM
yea im looking for hte 0 choice too..very rarely do i get disconnected . i use optitum online , so i dunno if that matter.

VulpesMundi
Nov 29, 2002, 08:12 PM
I too need the zero choice. I may be using a dial-up, but I don't get disconnected on E1&2. The Dreamcast versions were a different story.

BrokenHope
Nov 29, 2002, 08:48 PM
On 2002-11-29 16:52, Coran_Horn wrote:
Arg, I use PPPoE and get disconnected all the freakin time! is there anyway I can fix this short of getting a new ISP? It's been hell trying to play, and I've already lost several rares because my GC won't save when I get disconnected. Someone help XD

You can either use a router and then set the GC to auto in the BBA settings, or use a network card in your pc and use ICS(internet conection sharing) on your pc and set the GC to auto for the BBA settings. Then you will be using DHCP insted of PPPoE.

hkwonton
Nov 29, 2002, 08:58 PM
I'm looking for the 0 option. I have never been d/c'ed yet. I usually play in 6 hour bursts too.

Blue147
Nov 29, 2002, 09:05 PM
sorry i forgot to add the 0 lol

Blue147
Nov 29, 2002, 09:10 PM
i'm useing DHCP right now and i get dc all the time but i'm going to try PPoE lol now i remenber y i always hated pso lol

Rylios
Nov 29, 2002, 10:17 PM
Muhahaha BBA rocks so i never get disconnected lol

Jizzah
Nov 29, 2002, 10:20 PM
Its really weird for me.

A couple of days ago, I couldn't play more than 5 mins without disconnecting. Other than that, I've been D/C'd once.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 29, 2002, 10:39 PM
On 2002-11-29 14:39, milk wrote:

On 2002-11-29 14:22, DJ_Monkey wrote:

PPPoE is a simple way for broadband providers to give it's customers dynamic IPs.

Really? And I thought that was a bad thing =P

Dynamic IPs are for hackers or people who don't want to be traced. They really suck...pay the extra 5 dollars for a static IP.

Vejita
Nov 30, 2002, 01:41 AM
i've never been disconnected before
i use the bba with charter
charter on the computer is a different friggin story tho

Ian D
Nov 30, 2002, 01:45 AM
On 2002-11-29 22:41, Vejita wrote:
i've never been disconnected before
i use the bba with charter
charter on the computer is a different friggin story tho

Charter all the way homez.

Coran_Horn
Nov 30, 2002, 02:53 AM
You can either use a router and then set the GC to auto in the BBA settings, or use a network card in your pc and use ICS(internet conection sharing) on your pc and set the GC to auto for the BBA settings. Then you will be using DHCP insted of PPPoE.

Thanks Broken Hope, are you sure this will work? I don't want to convince my parents I need to spend even more money on PSO and then have it not work, I'll probably try your first suggestion.

CorneliusPower
Nov 30, 2002, 08:21 AM
Well, I never get disonnected so I didnt vote. Broadband is amazing and flawless, when it lags it always recovers quickly enough that it doesnt make a difference in getting a hit off or being hit by an enemy. Well,if a rare drops it does but doesnt happen too often...nothing like yourself lagging when a rare drops and your partner is next to you. Grrr, gimmee that!! Peace.