PDA

View Full Version : Viviana Deck Suggestions

Cranberry
Jan 20, 2007, 03:56 PM
I want to give Viviana a go. I think she has more potential than it seems. So my strategy is to build a deck around trying to increase my dice bonus for the TP increase. I'd like suggestions for her deck. Here is what I have right now.

Items:
Chaos+ X2
Kapu
Vayu
Soul Barrier
Windmill
Summit Moon
C-Sorerer's Cane

Techs:
Barta x2
Foie x3
Zonde X2
Gibarta x1
Gizonde x1
Anti x1

Defense Cards:
Guard x2
Resist x2
Companion x1
Bequeath x2
TP Defense x1
Cancel x1
Aeigis Guard x1

Assist:
Requiem x1
Charity x1

Anyone have any good ideas for how to improve this deck?

Edit:
I just now got my first Rukmin. I like this thing so I'm adding it to the deck right away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cranberry on 2007-01-20 13:42 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jan 21, 2007, 12:00 PM
Uhh you'll have to ask VR Raiden >.<
He had a pretty tight deck with viviana. I remember it had to do with uhm Rukmin and shields

VR-Raiden
Jan 21, 2007, 03:11 PM
I think Viviana is only really worth choosing over the other forces if you use 3 cost shields with rukmin. The idea is to run away until you get the bonus, and rain grants on your opponent. You can use good def cards like decline, resist, etc. with so much exp. This deck really only suits large stages, but it can be good vs Arkz or Hunters. Mostly high cost techs should be in, gizonde, rafoie maybe, megid could work too.

Oh yeah, and you can be pretty mean with assists in here too. Fix works like a charm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VR-Raiden on 2007-01-21 12:12 ]</font>

Cranberry
Jan 21, 2007, 03:32 PM
I don't have Grants or Megid so at the moment those techs are not available to me (ye never know I might find them soon though). Shields seem like a respectable option. I put a Shifta Merge into my deck. It's 3 points, has decent HP and adds 1 AP which seems better than the Divinity Barrier.

A change I've made so far is adding the Permission card and Slow Time into the deck. This is letting a MAG cast a tech. I wonder if it lets a shield cast a technique too?

Rukimin I quickly added to the deck as soon as I got it. It costs a heafty 5 points to set but has a nice ability, HP and stats. If shields can cast techs with permission, it might be worth adding a few more into the deck. I could get 2 techs off per turn. If not, it might be better if I put a good 3 cost weapon on. Or perhaps even another MAG.

Hmm... what about this setup? Rukimin, a 2 cost shield (soul barrier maybe?) and that 1 point Mag that raises TP by 1?

Another possability might be Rukimin, that 1 point MAG, and Chao+. 4 EXP per turn, and with Permission I can have 3 Mags casting techs, and without Permission I'll still have Viviana herself casting a good strong tech barehanded.

Any thoughts?

DikkyRay
Jan 21, 2007, 03:36 PM
UNfortunatly, i the only force i use is relm, and im cheap with him XD.
really wish i could help. Are you online? Because if a partner used another exp deck you could really be rolling.
As for no megid or grants, thats np. Really any tech is good with viviana if you have enough exp

VR-Raiden
Jan 21, 2007, 04:48 PM
hmmm I don't believe shields can cast techs with permission on. I think I tested it but I forget >_<

Well if you don't have grants, I can't really help much with Vivi ideas. I didn't use her much other than that strategy. I stopped using it though cuz its not really my style http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

About putting a 2 cost shield with another mag...I say go for it if you want but it's always risky having more than 2 items on. I rarely ever do unless I have something with AC Disrupt to go along with them.

Cranberry
Jan 22, 2007, 10:28 AM
I just tried it. With Permission shields CAN cast techs with Permission active. For the first time that I have EVER seen, a SHIELD attacked and killed the opponent. It was hillarious.

Go forth my Shifta Merge and attack with the pain of 1000 drunk VR-Raidens and strike down my foe with your awesome power!

The odd problem I have seen is that when Permission is active, it doesn't seem to allow me to do a bare hand punch. I wonder if that is some kind of glitch?

Anyways, a deck with shields and MAGs defenitely seems to be the way to go. And Permission is quite handy. I'll take this deck through Story mode and see how it fares.

Cranberry
Jan 27, 2007, 06:53 PM
Today was a productive day for E3!

I got some new cards. Within the last week I got my first Powerless Rain assist card. I'm not sure I'll use it soon but one more assist to my collection.

I got my first Double Cannon. It won't help the Viviana deck but it is a lot like my favorite card, Crimson Assassin in that it has a pierce ability. Unlike the Crimson Assassin action cards aren't allowed but it still looks like a powerful card. Plus it hits every square around me. Great against those pesky Arkz decks that use tons of low cost creatures.

And finally I got that 1 card that I always was told to put in my deck online but never had. A card evolved offline and became... Fly! Finally, fly, that all important Hunter card for getting past creatures used as blockers. With no Fly card I actually put Rati in Viviana's deck so she'd have a means to fly. I wonder if I should take that out though, it's no that bad a Mag and can't be over-wrote with another Assist card like Fly can. But the 4 point cost is heft for only 2 TP. Hmmm...

In any case, 3 new cars creeping me closer to getting 100% of all the cards and eventually getting me those nice bonus cards.

Now that I've unlocked the decks I had missed from the Arkz story segment, time to focus on the Hero story and test out the deck I made for Viviana. I still think she's a better story character than it seems, but it takes a very specialized deck to make her work. Rukmin does seem to be the way to go though.

Imagine if Viviana could use a Double Cannon. That would be fun.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Feb 7, 2007, 01:59 PM
Fly is my favorite assist card. Its in every deck. Congrats oon getting it finally. I just hope that I can obtain Rush before the server closes down. u.u

Atarion
Feb 7, 2007, 03:43 PM
i seen a good deck where vivi used a c bringers rifle. forgot who used it but they were able to use the bones ap AND tp rise really well. i wish i could make a good vivi deck. i just think i lack the cards for her potential.

Cranberry
Feb 10, 2007, 01:49 PM
I'll give some of these a try!