PDA

View Full Version : Should I come back?

BlueDagger
Jan 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
I currently have a subcription to City of Heroes and World of Warcraft... I don't play WoW anymore, so I'm thinking of replacing it with PSU. A game I actually enjoyed quite alot, even for the short time a played it(I only played for about a week after I got it).

So my question is: Is PSU worth coming back to?

Nuclearranger
Jan 20, 2007, 11:36 PM
There is alot more to do that there was a few months ago and we are just starting to get the good stuff n.n

PC and PS2 servers have some hacking going on though so Meseta is really easy to get if you plan on playing here *I play on PC and PS2

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 12:24 AM
Actually i personally kinda like the hacked meseta. makes it more like PSO imho. oh and yes PSU has VASTLY improved since week 1.

Shinzakura
Jan 21, 2007, 12:39 AM
Considering all of the changes that have occurred since the launch, I'd say it's well worth your time. True, there's a slight hacking problem going on, but that's no different than hacks in other games. I'd say feel free to come back and enjoy the show.

Gojin
Jan 21, 2007, 12:46 AM
No you shouldnt come back, if you arnt already in and established now, then stay away! you'll only be shunned by all these elitist people

vfloresjr24
Jan 21, 2007, 12:47 AM
I would say go for it, but don't be surprise that the people you may have played with are way up there in levels and your still at the last level you left in.

EphekZ
Jan 21, 2007, 12:49 AM
yeah come back, and dont worry, with all these new missions you can level up in no time. just find some good friends, and do the hardest missions =)

Nuclearranger
Jan 21, 2007, 12:52 AM
Welcome back?

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2007, 01:18 AM
go for it i need more friends

Genobee
Jan 21, 2007, 01:30 AM
Sure it's worth coming back it you can ignore, LEss then a handful people who actualy play anymore, people running around with 999999999 mesta, tons of hacks, massive lag caused by GG, and items that cost 1000x what they are worth. Yea it's all good come back.

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2007, 01:34 AM
funny i never have any lag problems and my PC is way below the requirements for this game. and if you dont like the prices dont shop in the stores for certain things and buy from the NPCs (GRM has a great selection of guns) or make them yourself.

Syanaide
Jan 21, 2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah come back. I quit after the first couple of weeks too because of lack of content, but now that I've come back I'm actually pretty overwhelmed with stuff to do now.

Turambar
Jan 21, 2007, 02:53 AM
Mmmm, there will always be a few idiotic naysayers. Call it the universe balancing itself out. I'll just say "welcome back" before hand.

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 09:14 AM
In all honesty, I think City of Heroes is a waste of money, and PSU being a better buy of the two.

PSU is getting there in terms of "better", even if it's slowly. People just expected too greatly and were disappointed too early, thus, quitting within the first few weeks.

I'm still here, and I see no reason to quit. Though the contents come out slowly, I look forward to new ones every week

Dhylec
Jan 21, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-01-20 21:46, Gojin wrote:
No you shouldnt come back, if you arnt already in and established now, then stay away! you'll only be shunned by all these elitist people

Yep, from a lvl 62 Newman, lvl 10 Force, lvl 6 Hunter. Wartecher lvl 5, Foretecher lvl 3, no less. ;D

On 2007-01-20 22:30, Genobee wrote:
Sure it's worth coming back it you can ignore, LEss then a handful people who actualy play anymore, people running around with 999999999 mesta, tons of hacks, massive lag caused by GG, and items that cost 1000x what they are worth. Yea it's all good come back.

Either you forget the /sarcasm or the rest of the players on PSU are fools. Hey, look at this way, at least this broken game provide an outlet for your bashings. ;D

BlueDagger
Jan 21, 2007, 02:48 PM
WoW just got cancelled and I'm now an official member of PSU! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

... But now I have another question thats not worth making anotehr thread for... Where do I find my screenshots, after a take them in-game? I looked but I didn't find any "screensshots" folder, like other games have... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-01-21 06:14, RyukiZero wrote:
In all honesty, I think City of Heroes is a waste of money, and PSU being a better buy of the two.

PSU is getting there in terms of "better", even if it's slowly. People just expected too greatly and were disappointed too early, thus, quitting within the first few weeks.

I'm still here, and I see no reason to quit. Though the contents come out slowly, I look forward to new ones every week

Sadly i get where you're coming from Ryuki even though CoV used to be one of me and Golden Falcon's favorite games...its cool until you realize there is NO end game stuff really besides PvP

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 21, 2007, 03:07 PM
My Documents > SEGA > PSU > Screenshots

Or something like that.

And about the haxeta making the economy more like PSO, that is not a good thing.

zanotam
Jan 21, 2007, 03:08 PM
On 2007-01-21 11:48, BlueDagger wrote:
WoW just got cancelled and I'm now an official member of PSU! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif

... But now I have another question thats not worth making anotehr thread for... Where do I find my screenshots, after a take them in-game? I looked but I didn't find any "screensshots" folder, like other games have... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

It's in my documents under sega. Thats where you'll find your pictures.

Gojin
Jan 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
shouldnt have left WoW, after playing PSU for 500+ hours then playing WoW again after BC is finally out now, Im liking WoW alot better, better community, more content, more of a challenge, more time consuming, more things to do, theres not a bunch of Loli girls running around who are really fat guys with no lives. But have fun with PSU.

Shinzakura
Jan 21, 2007, 04:46 PM
On 2007-01-21 13:40, Gojin wrote:
shouldnt have left WoW, after playing PSU for 500+ hours then playing WoW again after BC is finally out now, Im liking WoW alot better, better community, more content, more of a challenge, more time consuming, more things to do, theres not a bunch of Loli girls running around who are really fat guys with no lives. But have fun with PSU.

Oh, if you're planning to leave with an attitude like that, I'm sure he will be having quite a bit of fun.

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2007, 05:06 PM

yeah there may not be loli girls but there are far more fat guys with no lives on WoW http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_Deliverance_
Jan 21, 2007, 05:48 PM

Actually, that's why WoW and ffxi fail!

Palefire
Jan 21, 2007, 06:07 PM
On 2007-01-21 14:48, _Deliverance_ wrote:

Actually, that's why WoW and ffxi fail!

Here, have a slice of Word pie.

Time-consuming =/= more fun. It simply means bigger pain in the backside for things that should only take minutes.

VanHalen
Jan 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
PSU has its time consuming moments. the 1st time i did grove of fanatics with me and my friend we were there for like an hour trying to get past all those damn robots.

Jae
Jan 21, 2007, 06:29 PM
Should've kept WoW and cancelled CoH/CoV instead. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Either way, welcome back.

-Ryuki-
Jan 21, 2007, 07:15 PM
Actually, cancelling WoW instead of CoH/CoV wasn't a bad idea in my opinion. CoH isn't that great to keep playing, so you wouldn't play that as much.

Palefire
Jan 21, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-01-21 15:26, VanHalen wrote:
PSU has its time consuming moments. the 1st time i did grove of fanatics with me and my friend we were there for like an hour trying to get past all those damn robots.

That is certainly true...I'm constantly sitting around waiting for my wands, rods, and bows to recharge after almost every high-level battle. But the amount of pointless, time-wasting minutia is greatly reduced, i.e., no stupid corpse runs, no taking an hour just to get to where your friends/party members are, etc.

Genobee
Jan 21, 2007, 08:43 PM
On 2007-01-21 06:48, Dhylec wrote:

On 2007-01-20 21:46, Gojin wrote:

Yep, from a lvl 62 Newman, lvl 10 Force, lvl 6 Hunter. Wartecher lvl 5, Foretecher lvl 3, no less. ;D

On 2007-01-20 22:30, Genobee wrote:

Either you forget the /sarcasm or the rest of the players on PSU are fools. Hey, look at this way, at least this broken game provide an outlet for your bashings. ;D

Ovious it's sarcasm, But who's bashing, they act as if it's not the truth. All I said was he has to ignore it. Diddn't say ZOMG THIS GAMNE SUX BECAUSE OF THIS!..

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 21, 2007, 08:51 PM

my friend down that hall was the 8th person on his server to get ot level 70 in WoW, the Griffon is cool, but I mean, he's already level 70. Levels don't get raised in that game for years.

THE JACKEL

pso123hrf
Jan 21, 2007, 09:39 PM
NAY!

I doubt myself on going back because it takes way to long to level up and to level up SKILLZ. But its YOUR opinion.