PDA

View Full Version : Since we're all on anime and such

Orange_Coconut
Jan 21, 2007, 03:53 AM
I wanted to post a topic because I was curious about a series my friend had shown me, but I totally forgot the name of it.

From what I remember, it's about a boy and a girl who live in a house with 3-4 (or possibly more as the story goes on) dolls who I think have special powers. The dolls have souls or something, so they can feel/walk/talk/etc. They were all what I think people would call "lolita" style, though I never really knew what that meant. I think the main character had rose in her name, she was the main doll. I could be entirely wrong...

If anyone has any idea what I'm talking about -- could you send me maybe a picture from google or something, I think I'd remember it once I see the doll/dolls that I was talking about.

Anyways, I have no idea if it was actually an interesting show or not but it caught my eye and I was curious as to whether I should check it out or not.

I know this was random, I'm not usually into anime either but I wanted to see what this was all about. It piqued my interest.

UnderscoreX
Jan 21, 2007, 04:04 AM
Rozen Maiden ?
Judging by random FKL pictures, there are a couple fans here.

Sayara
Jan 21, 2007, 10:50 AM
Rozen Maiden
Due to a deep trauma at school Sakurada Jun has refused to return. He spends his time in his room, surfing the web and ordering anything that takes his fancy, only to return the items just before payment is due. One day, he finds a web site that tells him to put his order in a drawer of his desk. He does so thinking it to be a joke, only to find that the letter disappears and a strange package arrives soon afterwards. It contains an exquisite doll, that, when wound, comes to life. She treats him as a servant of little worth, but over time helps him come to grips with his fears and in the life-or-death fights that soon follow her arrival.
via http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4463

When i watched like 3 episodes, it has to do with dueling as well, the dolls fight or something.

DizzyDi
Jan 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
This thread is just asking for a desu spam.

Orange_Coconut
Jan 21, 2007, 12:22 PM
Actually yeah that was the show... Anyone have any personal opinions on the series before I actually check into it?

Thanks guys =)

Polly
Jan 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
I hated it the first time I tried to watch it about 6-7 months ago. While on Christmas Vacation overwhelming boredom set in and I LEGALLY AQUIRED the entire show again (both seasons + Overture OVA) and found myself quite enjoying it.

The show's a weird mix of a much darker story than you might think with some cutesy crap thrown in every now and then to lift the mood (It's not obvious what parts I didn't care for, not at all). The first season is good, even with some pacing problems. The second season (Traumend) and the Overture OVA are where the show really came into its own for me. Character development really kicks into high gear and it just gets darker and darker from there. Overture, though only 2 episodes, was pure win if you've enjoyed the series thus far.

Mix all that together with some great production values and you got a show that I think is honestly worth giving a look. It's not the be-all-end-all some might make it out to be, but there's more to it than most may think.

Rasputin
Jan 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-01-21 08:28, DizzyDi wrote:

You have no idea how tempted I am, but I get the feelin g that I will get a major slap on the wrists is I lay down the DESU wall...

Polly
Jan 21, 2007, 02:27 PM
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/5245/suiseisekigif011qe.gif

DizzyDi
Jan 21, 2007, 05:13 PM
While we're talking about anime.
Anyone ever seen Last Exile? I love that show.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 21, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-01-21 11:23, Rasputin wrote:

On 2007-01-21 08:28, DizzyDi wrote:

You have no idea how tempted I am, but I get the feelin g that I will get a major slap on the wrists is I lay down the DESU wall...

I'LL DO IT

DESUDESUDE- *shot*

Schubalts
Jan 21, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-01-21 14:13, DizzyDi wrote:
While we're talking about anime.
Anyone ever seen Last Exile? I love that show.

Dio kicked all kinds of ass. Too bad his sister was a psychotic bitch, though!