PDA

View Full Version : Whoa, what happened to meseta?

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 05:19 PM
Anyone want to clarify what happened to the price of photons? I was taking a break from PSU for a while and when I get back I find that everyone is a billionare and phonton prices have sky rocketed. I saw a video of meseta duping and I was just wondering if ST has any plans of fixing this or if the video was even real.

and yet... I am still poor =(

Umberger
Jan 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
If you mean PC/PS2, then yeah, there's massive inflation because of all the hackers who duplicated meseta.

Sychosis
Jan 21, 2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah, h4x have definitely hurt the PC/PS2 economy. SEGA has been bitching and getting some GameGuard updates, but other than that, no real plans to deal with cheaters is known.

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 05:24 PM
I'm just sort of confused how this actually happened, I thought all of this was handled server side?

Shinzakura
Jan 21, 2007, 05:24 PM
Agreed with the above. The dupe meseta dumps have really done some damage to the economy, but it hasn't broken things to the point of no return, at least.

Ether
Jan 21, 2007, 05:26 PM
The game trusts the client too much. It started when someone figured out how to lie to the game and tell it they had just sold a stack of 99 scape dolls, instead of just one. Use the meseta gained to buy another scape doll and repeat

Golto
Jan 21, 2007, 05:26 PM
Well as they say the cat is out of the bag so they can only try to stop more meseta being duped. They won't do anything about meseta already duped because that would mean ST would actually have to do something.

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 05:31 PM
I thought ST of japan did all the programming and the US team was just localization right? So unless it becomes a major problem in japan it won't get fixed over here. At least thats what I have come to understand. I am probably wrong though.

Golto
Jan 21, 2007, 05:33 PM
Well they did fix the cancel snyth glitch and clothing glitch really late didn't they? It seemed those only got fixed after we (NA) started to exploit those really bad.

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hmm well maybe it will get fixed. It's bearable as of now, and the game has so many meseta sinks in it that it should get balanced out rather quickly if they put a stop to it as fast as they can.

DarkSeph
Jan 21, 2007, 05:38 PM
I really have NO offense to people being able to reuse boards personally......I haven't done it myself but just thinking how it must feel for some people to get a Crea Double board for instance only to lose it after a failed synth, I mean, WTF....it's bad enough just getting the materials but then to have the board go........it's just wrong.

Although, I will say this, in a years time those Crea Doubles no matter what is done to keep them rare will go for under 500K on the xbox......guarenteed!.....because their will be the arrival of SS weapons and the like.......And nothing! will be cooler than running around with a Double Saber that looks like the Grim Reapers Scyth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hehe

Schubalts
Jan 21, 2007, 05:40 PM
ST is working on preventing/slowing down the 'hacking.' They have been banning people and putting out patches that change the encryption of the data being transfered. Just don't expect everything to be fixed in 5 seconds, like some people want it to be.

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 05:51 PM
well as long as they are working on it. I don't want this to be like PSO all over again, that was just sad... fun... but sad...

Neith
Jan 21, 2007, 06:28 PM
Welcome to PC/PS2, where a Photon will cost you a million. If the Meseta duping does get sorted, it'd take a long time for prices to reach logical levels again- anyone charging over 5000 for Kubara Wood makes me laugh.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 21, 2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah it sucks.
Took me little over 3 weeks to raise my meseta from 85k total savings up to a little over 1 million meseta using *cheap* and honest shop sales.

Many player shops have massively overpriced items, weapons and armor. It seem to many kiddies are greedy for those players with duped meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I mean, i'd like to buy something like a Nightwalker with decent dark element but not when its 500k to over 1 million for just one.

I'd have nothing left after if I bought just one *good* weapon or armor from most shops.
I can't even afford 1 copernia, goldania or somesuch when everyone sales them for 50 mil to 500 million meseta each.. absolutely ridicoulos(sp?). >_< *sigh*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-21 15:37 ]</font>

Foxix
Jan 21, 2007, 06:35 PM
I am however usinghis to my advantage, Since everyone is so rich now I can sell photons for "semi" insane prices and make a good deal of meseta. I feel bad about it but considering I'll just buy everything from npc's at least the money is leaving the player economy.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 21, 2007, 06:41 PM
I actually don't and won't sale any photons for more than 2k. I sale ban-photons for 666 meseta (he he he) and Gra-Photons for 777 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif , I only sale Ray Photons for about 2000. I think it's stupid to charge 50k for any photons... >:-<

Cassee
Jan 21, 2007, 06:49 PM
...Wow. I was totally underpricing at 700-750 for element photons, then. o_O (though that 198k certainly made me no less happy~) I'm... not sure what to do now. x_x;

Errorrrr
Jan 21, 2007, 07:30 PM
start selling all your stuff now, meseta seems to be sky rocketing in value. price of meseta on ebay has gone over 50 fold o_o... 5.00/99million is gone replaced 5.00/2million!

PMB960
Jan 21, 2007, 07:32 PM
You think you are charging too little I only change 50 per photon. People seem to have forgotten the NPC shop in this game where you can buy the same weapons for 1/4 the price player shops charge.

Almalexia
Jan 21, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-01-21 14:24, Foxix wrote:
I'm just sort of confused how this actually happened, I thought all of this was handled server side?

What hurt a lot of us in PSO was the game in it's entirity including characters, were client side.

In PSU however, characters are server side, as well as missions and other things. However, items, synthesis, even unreleased weapons can be found through client manipulation. Gameguard can be bypassed.

Basically, GameGuard is there just to give a pretty little blue shield in your task bar.

Shinzakura
Jan 21, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-01-21 16:36, Almalexia wrote:

On 2007-01-21 14:24, Foxix wrote:

What hurt a lot of us in PSO was the game in it's entirity including characters, were client side.

In PSU however, characters are server side, as well as missions and other things. However, items, synthesis, even unreleased weapons can be found through client manipulation. Gameguard can be bypassed.

Basically, GameGuard is there just to give a pretty little blue shield in your task bar.

SBT...you'd think that Sega would have looked at some of the other ways MMOs have been dealing with hackers and done something intelligible about it.

Of course, that's just one more nitpick that I have in the game, which otherwise rocks.

Syl
Jan 21, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-01-21 16:32, PMB960 wrote:
You think you are charging too little I only change 50 per photon. People seem to have forgotten the NPC shop in this game where you can buy the same weapons for 1/4 the price player shops charge.

They are referring to elemental photons. Even though, people are stupid enough to sell non-elemental photons for 50k...

Almalexia
Jan 21, 2007, 10:23 PM
If there is a next online game in the works, they will have to go full server side with the only client based thing being the log-in screen.

How does a company who's never developed a console, code an MMO better than a company that has designed several consoles and been around for a long time is beyond me.

(Talking about SE's FFXI)

zSW1FT
Jan 21, 2007, 11:17 PM
On 2007-01-21 15:41, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I actually don't and won't sale any photons for more than 2k. I sale ban-photons for 666 meseta (he he he) and Gra-Photons for 777 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif , I only sale Ray Photons for about 2000. I think it's stupid to charge 50k for any photons... >:-<

Yeah and I'm sure someone buys them all and resells for 60k each.

Syanaide
Jan 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
On 2007-01-21 16:32, PMB960 wrote:

Judging from your sig, you seem to be a force main, so yeah, that works for you guys just fine since you don't have to buy elemental weapons. Just hope ye aren't buying that level 30 hunter's weapons from a vendor with no element on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Syanaide on 2007-01-21 23:47 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jan 22, 2007, 03:04 AM
On 2007-01-21 15:28, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Welcome to PC/PS2, where a Photon will cost you a million. If the Meseta duping does get sorted, it'd take a long time for prices to reach logical levels again- anyone charging over 5000 for Kubara Wood makes me laugh.

thank you i was looking for a reasonable price for kubara wood i sold it for 10K but i still felt it was too high. i seen stores sell it for 75K and another for 150K. i really believe its more people stupidity than duped meseta sometimes.

panzer_unit
Jan 22, 2007, 10:26 AM

GJ bending over while someone makes 29k+ per item off of your shop. You do know that you're just setting up the bomb for guys who buy out every underpriced photon on the market and resell for the going rate, give or take, right?

If you're going to try charging fair prices for legit players, lock your shop and be careful who you give the password to. You'll probably still get taken for a ride but at least it's by someone you know.

ljkkjlcm9
Jan 22, 2007, 10:31 AM
you know, technically you could go around and buy anything that isn't in the NPC from all the shops at a price, then charge much higher price when you're the only person with it. As long as the item is needed. It just happens to be that elemental photons are the most common form of this item I described.

THE JACKEL

Wheatpenny
Jan 22, 2007, 10:33 AM
I just run into someone's shop while they are in there whilst wearing no pants...usualy after 5 minutes they crack and hand me some photons just to get me to leave.

panzer_unit
Jan 22, 2007, 10:37 AM
I was poking around in shops yesterday... people are still selling pages of Sori-Senbas for 700k~40mil. I lol'd.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 22, 2007, 04:08 PM
On 2007-01-21 20:17, zSW1FT wrote:

Yeah and I'm sure someone buys them all and resells for 60k each.

Just because some other player may be dishonest *greedy* dumbass, that does that doesn't mean I have to be dishonest jerk and sale my elemental photons for 60k each.

Excuse me for being fair-minded when i comes to how I price things.

There *are* some players that have way, way under 100k total in meseta. I *was* one of them for two months, I had 85k total for 2 MONTHS until i opened my *fair minded* shop for those players without 100-999 million in duped meseta that may come to visit my shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-22 13:10 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jan 22, 2007, 04:23 PM
On 2007-01-22 13:08, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
Just because some other player may be dishonest *greedy* dumbass, that does that doesn't mean I have to be dishonest jerk and sale my elemental photons for 60k each.

What's the phrase... the road to hell is paved by good intentions? Because you're ripping yourself off, and more importantly you're giving ammo to some real jerk who's going to use it to do worse to other people. Is it really worth letting someone else wrong two people in order to saying you're being "nice"?

Keep the things and save them for friends who actually need photons. That way you're actually helping, and not just supporting the price-flippers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-01-22 13:34 ]</font>

Keiya
Jan 22, 2007, 04:32 PM
I sell all my Photons at 10k each http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ShadowDragon28
Jan 22, 2007, 08:44 PM
LOL. For one thing I don't believe in "Hell".
I walk my own damn road that I choose to walk, and it doesn't lead to any damn "hell." RL life is hellish enough IMNHO.

I'd rather make 500 - 2k in meseta from each photon than nothing at all.

I don't play this game 12 hrs everyday to earn enough meseta to afford new stuff from NPC shops,
or but stuff from shops with decent/fair prices are still a bit high to me. (i play for like a couple hrs like maybe everyother day or 3x a week)

I can only be responsible for my own shyte while its on my character or in storage, and it's my choice what I choose to do with that stuff.

What some greedy jerk does with stuff he/she buys from my shop is THAT PERSON's responsibility once they have it; *NOT MINE*

The stuff I sale are my extras that i can spare, like maybe 5 of each elemental photon at most.

I *need* just a bit of extra meseta for Photon Charges, Mates, materials from NPC shops, and to maybe to save up for ONE 7-8 * weapon board.
If I didn't i'd only have 110k max.
Try buying 1 Nokoku Zashi board when all one has is 110k, and i'd be left with *no meseta* left at all LOL.

So lay off of it! Trying to guilt trip me is not going to work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-22 17:48 ]</font>

Kimil
Jan 22, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-01-21 15:28, UrikoBB3 wrote:
anyone charging over 5000 for Kubara Wood makes me laugh.

Laugh All you want, I'm taking advantage of this situation while it lasts:

Just sold three Kubara Wodds for... 500,000meseta each.

*Cha-ching!* 1.5mil Mesetta

Ibuka
Jan 22, 2007, 09:03 PM
And here i am saleing my Kubara Wood for 2500 u_u