PDA

View Full Version : PSU Hustlers: The Guide

TheFonz
Jan 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
The Free MP Way
Requirements: A black heart, Works on all versions

That's right, an efficient way to gain as many Mission Points as possible with very little effort. It's simple, yet effective.

First you'll need to join a party doing a relatively good mission (It's usually best if you join a party before starting the mission, although A-Ranks are still good enough). Be quick to act real nice and polite and try to reach the party (if you didn't join beforehand). Quickly mention that you forgot to recharge your PP and get the hell out of there. Once out, Say the elusive letters of "brb" (maybe add a, "gotta visit the bathroom" etc.) Now sit back, relax, maybe watch some telly or chat to some random people on PSU. Once they've done their stuff, you get the Mission points. Simply rinse and repeat with another party. Congratulations, you're an ass... an ass that just gained some points.

Now this isn't 100% effective. Try not to join groups that will inadvertantly become full. Always go for parties of 1 - 4. Also, if the leader is a bit of a dick (you know the one's that think they're part of the Army) you might see a booting, so watch for their response as you enter and figure out if you're wasting your time or not (a response of "Hi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif" usually means the leader is most likely a nice player and thus are easy targets).

Market Dominance
Requirements: Lotsa cash, Some effort, works on all versions

If you got a crap load of cash (and lets face it, you do if you're on the PC/PS2 version) there's a simple way to gain a hell of a lot more.

First pick an item that is always in demand and can't be purchased in the NPC shops. Now do an item search in the shops and look for the one's that are relatively average in price. Buy them all out and avoid the majorly over-priced one's. Once you've bought them all, stick them in your shop for an extortionate price. If you've done it right and bought over 75% of that very item in the Market, then very few shops will be listed when a player searches for it.

If done at a particularly busy time, you will most likely get a few customers with an overload of cash and an underload of patience. Profit.

Making the victim pay millions for something worth a fraction of that price
Requirements: A friend or two, Probably only works on the PS2/PC version

First purchase an item that has at least 8 stars but is relatively cheap (Scape Dolls etc.) or if you want the big one, buy a Relic Edge (an 11 Star item that can be bought for 700k or less). Now gift wrap it and put it in your shop for maybe 20 million or more. Well known trick? Nope that's not the end of the story...

Now either log in as your alt and get two or more friends to participate. First you need to go around to various areas and find a victim(s) with a Christ load of cash. Get near them but don't make it too obvious. Finally use a script that goes something like this:

P1 - "You'll never guess what..."
P2 - "What?"
P1 - "Well , synthed a but he had no clue how much it's worth"
P3 - "Whoa! How much do they go for?"
P1 - "Priceless or probably max meseta"
P2 - "Is that how much he's selling it for?"
P1 - "No. Get this, he wouldn't let me have it or believe my quoted price, So I told him that if he gift wrapped it, he could sell it for more than its worth. The idiot believed me!"
P2, P3: "lol"
P1 - "So now he's got it gift wrapped and selling it for 20 million. Thing is, no one's gonna buy it and once I raise 20 million I'm gonna buy it off him and sell it at Max Meseta lol"
P2, P3: "lol!"

Now repeat this convo near different people and if it's done right, one person may fall for the trick and quickly go to the shop and purchase the gift wrapped item for a stupid amount. Once they've been "had", they've only got theirselves to blame for eavesdropping and they have no solid proof of being scammed.

False advertising that works
[i]requirements: A black heart, Some cash, works on all versions

Simple and works. Basically put a well known item up for sale worth more than 100k (Granarod etc.) for 200k (put a bunch of them up) but on your advert type up something along the lines of:

"GRANAROD FOR 20k! No catch, I'm leaving PSU and making a quick buck to give to my friends"

No one could fall for that stupid trick, surely? Well you'd be surprised. Some people can't tell how much 200000 is without putting a lot of effort into it. By seeing the advert saying "20k" they'll immediately think the Granarods are priced at 20k, even if you put them up for sale for 200k. The larger the numbers the more likely it is to confuse customers. (I.e. You can say you're selling Howrods for 2 million when in fact you've got them on sale for 20 million)

This only works on victims with more cash than they should ever have.

The Lucky Dip
Requirements: 5 - 10 gift wrapped items, works on all version

Simple and popular. Basically get some cheap 6 star items and wrap them up. Put them in your shop and charge around a million or maybe ten million (A little lower for the 360 version http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) per wrapped item. On your advert, quote: "The Lucky Dip! Purchase a present and you have a one in [insert number] chance to win a Me / Quick!". Watch a rather rich customer roll in who thinks they're being smart by purchasing all the presents.

THE REAL REASON FOR THIS GUIDE

Ok so no, this isn't a guide to support scammers. It is in fact a guide to show how hustlers scam. For the very first tip:

The Free MP Way

If you reach the boss and a player is still AFK after a long period of time, simply kick them. They should understand and have no hard feelings if they were genuinely afk. If they want to come back simply take them off the "block" list. If they were trying to scam some free MP, the more times they're kicked the more likely they'll stop doing this stupid act.

Market Dominance

Simply don't buy from them. Patience is a virtue here and sooner or later that player will be forced to deduct their prices if they ever want to make a sale.

Making the victim pay millions for something worth a fraction of that price

If that does happen to you, it's most likely a scam. Such important info would never be said in a public area even if you think they haven't noticed you. They're either trying to scam or very, very stupid. It's always best to assume the former. At the end of the day, though, its up to you in risking your money on something that could be a farce.

False advertising that works

There's only one solution to this, take your time and just count. If something is too good to be true, it most likely is.

The Lucky Dip

A popular trick in recent times. Basically nearly all of these "lucky dips" are scams. Unless its an organised event, you've got to think to yourself one question: What is the shopkeeper getting out of this? If indeed its the case of you thinking, "Wow! If I purchase all the presents, I'll only be spending 6 million whilst a Me / Quick is worth max meseta!" then its obviously too good to be true.

[i]This has been the Fonz, I'd like to thank you all for reading and BBC3's Hustlers for inspiration.

Update: Added "The Lucky Dip" sections

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2007-01-24 19:25 ]</font>

Gazette
Jan 22, 2007, 04:08 PM
And here I thought this had to do with prostitution.

TheFonz
Jan 22, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-01-22 13:08, Gazette wrote:
And here I thought this had to do with prostitution.

That'd be more of an equation than a guide:

Create Female + (Alt+Shift+N) = Access to the Millionnaire's club

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheFonz on 2007-01-22 13:26 ]</font>

Knight_of_MIA
Jan 23, 2007, 07:10 AM
Great and very entertaining, dude !

Reminds me of my first lecture about Cheating at PSO during Dreamcast Times (an article which still might be found on gamefaqs.com - check it out !).

If you could spot out any more, please let me know !

Reginaldo
Jan 23, 2007, 10:43 AM
I'm sorry, but this is the worst topic I've ever read on any message board...ever.

_Deliverance_
Jan 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
I love you Fonz

Wheatpenny
Jan 23, 2007, 12:14 PM
Nice, Very good guide that new players should read. And the greasy f**kers that are market dominating copernias need to burn in hell.

Sephlock
Jan 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
Relic Edge for 700k?! Wtf? How much on the 360 >_<?

Xtian913
Jan 23, 2007, 03:33 PM
Hehe, very entertaining to read. Excellent work!

TheFonz
Jan 24, 2007, 10:27 PM
Eeeey! Thanks for the comments, I've just updated the guide with an extra scam called "The Lucky Dip".

Sekani
Jan 25, 2007, 08:08 AM
Wait... so people actually fall for this shit?