PDA

View Full Version : Picking up a group is starting to feel like WoW

Laranas
Jan 22, 2007, 06:23 PM
Being a Wartecher strangely feels like being a Paladin while picking up a group. Do people not realize that we can actually heal?

"Looking for a healer for Bruce B!" So I offer my services. "No, we need a Fortecher" "For what?" "Buffs and heals" "I can do that..." "You have weak buffs" "Lv20's too weak for you?" "Yea lol"

Then it gets worse when people stand next to you for half an hour and decide that 1200 TP isn't reliable enough to heal with. If I knew getting groups was going to be this specific I would've been a newman fortecher or a beast fortefighter... no one's picking up us hybrids.

Cept other hybrids. [/rant]

Remedy
Jan 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
My question to them would be "How many Fortechers do you know actually HAVE level 21+ buffs?"

Because in my experiences, the answer is "not too damn many". Level 11+ buffs are fine, it's 15% boost to the stats and is quite enough for Bruce's B.

And frankly, I LOVE having a Wartecher if they're a heal-minded one. Gives me more time to do damage. :3 (that doesn't mean I don't heal, but I like having a backup.)

Eliash
Jan 22, 2007, 06:29 PM
Ermm... maybe you should be glad you didn't get invited? Just a thought! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weakness
Jan 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
People are retards, what do you expect?

Laranas
Jan 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-01-22 15:29, Eliash wrote:
Ermm... maybe you should be glad you didn't get invited? Just a thought! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would be glad... if I had a group. But from what I'm seeing people are too critical on class or too care free to bother remembering the gameplan past turning left/right, which leaves me listening for good groups and blacklisting spammers.

People just underestimate Wartechers... my resta is more than enough, I have 1600 hp, and I do 350-400 a hit to vandas with my Dagger PA. Unless I'm up against the wall the chances of me dying from a spin are slim, so no worries there either.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 22, 2007, 06:37 PM
o .o
Why so picky? It matters only how someone plays than their character's status, imo.

It's like... you can be a lvl 3 force soloing De ragan C and get S rank easily while seeing people around lvl 10 struggling to form a party in the lobby.

Eliash
Jan 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-01-22 15:34, Laranas wrote:

On 2007-01-22 15:29, Eliash wrote:

I would be glad... if I had a group. But from what I'm seeing people are too critical on class or too care free to bother remembering the gameplan past turning left/right, which leaves me listening for good groups and blacklisting spammers.

People just underestimate Wartechers... my resta is more than enough, I have 1600 hp, and I do 350-400 a hit to vandas with my Dagger PA. Unless I'm up against the wall the chances of me dying from a spin are slim, so no worries there either.

Apparently they don't know what the class is capable of, therefore, it would also be questionable their ability to play as a cohesive unit. So in short, it was probably a bad group to begin with.

SuperRygar
Jan 22, 2007, 06:41 PM
who wants to party with narrow minded people like that? i guess it sucks not having a party at all...PSU life is hard :/ at least there isnt some guy going around killing all our characters (South Park WoW reference)

Laranas
Jan 22, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-01-22 15:41, SuperRygar wrote:
who wants to party with narrow minded people like that? i guess it sucks not having a party at all...PSU life is hard :/ at least there isnt some guy going around killing all our characters (South Park WoW reference)

Haha I ran into one that made me wish someone'd die just so we could kick him out of the group that much faster. I'm on the verge of Ragan B'ing it through WT 8 and 9

Nayte
Jan 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
You know its fortetecher right?
Anyway... most people, when it comes to random parties are just narrowminded. Some friend probably told them wartecher sucks or something and they'll belive it. Thats probably why you didnt get it. Either that or they were afraid you would "ruin" thier S rank or something.

Tengoku
Jan 22, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-01-22 15:37, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
o .o
Why so picky? It matters only how someone plays than their character's status, imo.
Level is a supposed indicator of competence and people feel better with bigger numbers. Quite typical and unsurprising. Still, I'm the pragmatic sort and not too concerned with my e-peen, so I feel level 1 buffs are very much superior to no buffs. I'm in the minority though. /shrug

I disagree with the OP that it feels like WoW though. When you need 39 other people to do De Ragan AND it takes you 25 minutes of real-time traveling to get there, then you can call it "like WoW".

Gojin
Jan 22, 2007, 06:47 PM
yeah but foretecher sucks so just solo wartecher and say fuck those bitches

xRei
Jan 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
That's kind of funny, cause my friends and I prefer wartechers because they can usually hand out some pretty decent melee damage and can take a few hits without risk of dying.

VanHalen
Jan 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
how bad can lvl20 techs be damnit

Fran
Jan 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
If you can play your class, your in my group.

Almalexia
Jan 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
Really now. . .any healing is better than no healing. Means less monomates I have to spam before using di's and tri's. Besides it is good there is more than one source of healing support. Remember, before the update back in december, it was only forces.

Golto
Jan 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
Well I guess i've partied with bad wartechers since even if they are the only healer they wouldn't resta to save their grandmother. Most but I have played with two that would heal.

BlackJet666
Jan 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
From a fortefighter's perspective I truly appreciate another brother (or sister) in arms that can heal my hide when needed, and being the big tank certainly puts me in place of needing to be healed often. Hell, my best friend plays a guntecher and his crappy level 8 resta suits me better than plowing through mates, especialy when I get frozen.

All classes have their role, its unfortunate that not many people are willing to let you show them exactly what you can do.

Laranas
Jan 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
I think the last few replies sum up why I need to play with you PSOW people in a nutshell...

Also about the healing. I choose to heal in certain, dangerous rooms (like the last few). Since most wartechers are dishing out the melee damage like its the last day earth, you need to remember that we need to finish PAs and switch weapons to heal. So unless I'm already in card/combo mode, I may not be prepared to heal in a pinch.

But if I'm the only healer, best believe I have that wand out 70% of the run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laranas on 2007-01-22 16:03 ]</font>

Eliash
Jan 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
The problem with banishing a entire class based on the actions of a few is simply that everyone doesn't play the same way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

BloodDragoon
Jan 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
On 2007-01-22 15:23, Laranas wrote:
Being a Wartecher strangely feels like being a Paladin while picking up a group. Do people not realize that we can actually heal?

"Looking for a healer for Bruce B!" So I offer my services. "No, we need a Fortecher" "For what?" "Buffs and heals" "I can do that..." "You have weak buffs" "Lv20's too weak for you?" "Yea lol"

Then it gets worse when people stand next to you for half an hour and decide that 1200 TP isn't reliable enough to heal with. If I knew getting groups was going to be this specific I would've been a newman fortecher or a beast fortefighter... no one's picking up us hybrids.

Cept other hybrids. [/rant]

It's called stuck up elitism and happens in any online game. Course you could rub in their face that most Fortetechers don't seem to bother leveling buffs and some are even to the point they think they're damage output onry and won't even heal. My cast Fortefighter can match a beast one for damage output provided we had the exact same gear equipped. Racial stats really arent too noticable IMO except for cases in extremes like comparing Newman TP and MST stats to a cast or beast or cast ata to beast ata, beast atp to newman atp, etc...

I'd just tell these people to pull the stick out of their ass or go make your own group inviting who you want or in some cases who these elitists don't want. Funny enough half the time you get a better group and that would be 1 more thing to rub in their faces later.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
I gave up my buffs and debuffs for my FG side. My stance is let the WT's and GT's do the buffing.

Reiichi
Jan 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
It feels like there are never enough wartecher/fortetecher types hanging around Bruce's. People snatch them up like they were a WHM in valkurm =/

Jae
Jan 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
Wait, what? Wartechers heal? I've never witnessed this phenomenon.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BloodDragoon
Jan 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-01-22 16:15, Reiichi wrote:
It feels like there are never enough wartecher/fortetecher types hanging around Bruce's. People snatch them up like they were a WHM in valkurm =/

I never needed a WHM in valkurm... Thats what JP friends and a second acct is for... PL FTW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes I do PL my own parties... >.> Not that hard really...

Golto
Jan 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
Well Like I typed when they're the only healer most don't. Albeit when i'm not my fortetecher i'm a high lvl foregunner lvl 10 so I really don't need much healing. But it does frustrate the group when the only techer, a wt, just does dagger pa spamming and doesn't help ppl heal now and then. I think I partied with you once Laranas but I can't remember if it was just Bruce's. If you want some good exp and high * drops you should join me in endrum s sometime. Bring your lightning amror unless you like taking 400+ dmg from the non-cast enemies @_@.

Reiichi
Jan 22, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-01-22 16:21, BloodDragoon wrote:

On 2007-01-22 16:15, Reiichi wrote:

I never needed a WHM in valkurm... Thats what JP friends and a second acct is for... PL FTW. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes I do PL my own parties... >.> Not that hard really...

Offtopic but god I HATED it when people brought their PL. I mean GOOD GOD. Some parties would have 3 PLs at once. People PL'ing even in lv 50+ parties. asdfasdfasdfasdf. Sure if you already know the game and everyone else does then fine, but there were many many many NEWBIES in the 50+ areas it was ridiculous.

I once saw a wartecher heal, but I think he was hacking.

DarkSeph
Jan 22, 2007, 07:38 PM
I blame this one entirely! on Sega.....they are promoting the party scene in a way that makes people pick and choose even MORE so than just a simple "lets go kill something" party. I mean seriously, if I can't even do the mission inviting 2 NPC's or my PM Sega can go screw themselves.......what were they thinking? Oh wait.......http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif forgot they need a brain to think!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif