PDA

View Full Version : PSU, Good vrs Bad

Gikupenkyu
Jan 22, 2007, 08:17 PM
PSU has the pontential to be the BEST mmorpg ever. Yes i said the BEST. But they arent using it. Please ST add in some more missions and areas! Here is the comparison as i see it.

Things about PSU that rule
---------------------------------------------------
-The lobbys are great.Its fun talking to people and very fun to dance around http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
-The whole room idea is pulled off well
-The whole idea of PA's is the greatest idea ever. I find myself always leveling them.
-The different types of weapons. and how the colors change with differnet photons ect.
-The different jobs make for a very fun variety.
- This might just be my opinion but the boss ifhgts RULE!
-I love the beat 1 of 2 missions leads you to a different area idea. How on neudez you can beat 1 mission to get to the onmagaug or a different mission to get to other missions. Very nicley put together.
-THE CLOTHES! They all drastically change your apperence.
-Synthing items. I love to make weapons, items and shields. Very fun and rewarding if you do it right.
-Different difficulties for each mission
-The community for PSU is the best ive ever seen in an mmorpg. And ive played alot of them. Everybody is friendly and willing to help out.

Those are the good things about PSU. Now here is a list of the not so good things.

Things that make PSU suck.
---------------------------------------------------
-The amount of missions.... wtf... sonic team please fix this. it isent like the economy problem where its really hard to fix. Add more missions!!
-Add more PA's!!!! The are only a handfull avalable. But you should add alot so insted of leveling up the "saber" pa we could chose the PA we like!
-More clothes, Nuff said
-GRINDING!!! OMFG!! what hell were they thinking when they came up with this, whats so wrong with the PSO method.
-Success % are wrong. They mean NOTHING!! i faled on 3 95% swords and succeded on 1 A rank wepon at 50%. Same for grinding it makes the game impossable.
-The economy (PC and PS2) even though i like having 10mil meseta it makes the game not fair for legit players.
-Variety, Mission 1 clear the meadow of creaters, mission 2 distroy all the enemy's. mission 3 get rid of the animals! Its the same s*** over and over again.
-Amount of weapon rare drops, i dont even know where to start with this one. The only rare drop ive seen is crea doubles and the guy had to do FFF 112 times for it! Make more rare drops. Even if they suck
-other rare drops, who cares about moon atomizer X? make better drops!!
-You have to be a high level to get the most out of this game. Why not make it so when they start its fun insted of just trying to get to a high level as fast as possable?

Anyway thats all i can think of for now, if you have anything to add. Go ahead, If you dissagree with me then please post it. if these problems are fixed we will have a timeless classic. These things make the difference between "a game i played all day every day for a year" and "this game i tried once".

Remedy
Jan 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:17, Gikupenkyu wrote:
-Success % are wrong. They mean NOTHING!! i faled on 3 95% swords and succeded on 1 A rank wepon at 50%.Clearly, you don't understand probability.

nooblet
Jan 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
off the top of my head, PSU is not even a real MMORPG, its more of a dungeon crawler.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I'd just call that really bad (but at the same time good considering the A success) luck

Gikupenkyu
Jan 22, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:21, nooblet wrote:
off the top of my head, PSU is not even a real MMORPG, its more of a dungeon crawler.

Yea i guess your right. Ok then the best dungeon crawler ever!

NPCMook
Jan 22, 2007, 08:28 PM
On 2007-01-22 17:17, Gikupenkyu wrote:
-GRINDING!!! OMFG!! what hell were they thinking when they came up with this, whats so wrong with the PSO method. since they limited all weapons to 10 grinds... it would be a little pointless to make them all succeed because then grinding would mean just be a pointless task, where with the system is now if you get a +10 its "OMFG SWEET W00TSAUCE"

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jan 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
On 2007-01-22 17:27, Gikupenkyu wrote:

On 2007-01-22 17:21, nooblet wrote:

Yea i guess your right. Ok then the best dungeon crawler ever!

YOU NEED A FULL PARTY TO SURVIVE THIS DUNGEON CRAWL

another downside of PSU i guess, I liked being able to solo missions w/o having to spend tons of money on dimates

Dhylec
Jan 23, 2007, 02:10 PM

another downside of PSU i guess, I liked being able to solo missions w/o having to spend tons of money on dimates
I think this is a misconception.
PSU is very solo-able, just longer & more patience needed.

If you are a Hu, you'd have to spend a lot on mates, that's a given. As a Ra, you spend a bit less. As a Fo, you don't even need them, really!

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 23, 2007, 02:23 PM
I find that while it's easy enough to solo, it's a lot easier to level in a larger group. Soloing tends to mean doing C rank runs at level 30, because mobs in B rank runs tend to take forever and a half to fall down when there's only a single level 30 going after them.

It's probably just as well, though. The game is much more fun when you're not being anti-social about it.

Scejntjynahl
Jan 23, 2007, 03:04 PM
If you don't want to use up your mates, "mate" ..., try this on for size. Hit all the enemy, and when your hp is flashing yellow... leave. Yes. Leave. Go out to recharge your photon particles and when you come back youll have your full hp. Long? Yes. Tedious? Yes. Cheap? Definetely. There is always ways around problems, it only takes time and patience. Now if your all complaining that the game should make it easy for you, have it all for you, well guess what. You'll get bored and whine about there is nothing else to do. But that is the fate of most games. Be patient.

Banish
Jan 23, 2007, 07:23 PM
PSU's a fun game, if you know how to play it right.

But the PSU music compared to PSO music, it REEKS!

Para
Jan 23, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-01-23 11:10, Dhylec wrote:

I think this is a misconception.
PSU is very solo-able, just longer & more patience needed.

If you are a Hu, you'd have to spend a lot on mates, that's a given. As a Ra, you spend a bit less. As a Fo, you don't even need them, really!

If you're a RA get ready to walk a lot to the recharge cube unless you don't mind blowing 500 a pop to photon charges.