PDA

View Full Version : Casts really bad gunteckers?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2007, 09:19 AM
So, I was looking at the 60/10 TAP stats for this class are *really* low: 144/153
even at this high level they cannot equip 5* wands, never mind 6* or any A rank wands

Humans/Newmans do not have this issue: even Male Human guntechers have 269 TAP (the 7* yohemi is 230 req).

Is this race/class combo "gimped?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-01-23 06:20 ]</font>

Gamemako
Jan 23, 2007, 09:28 AM
No, they're just more focused on the "Gunner" part. In the end (level 100), they'll probably be able to use the Lidra or at least the Cometara, but I'd wager that would be a waste -- stick with grinded six-star GRM wands.

juno-6
Jan 23, 2007, 09:29 AM
Cast Guntechers are more like Fortegunners with a different gun selection. Its like they trade in all the S rank fG guns in exchange for S dualies/xbow/mechgun but they get the cheapy resta and bows as a gift.

Vhex
Jan 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah they are Gimp fortegunners is what DJ is trying to say. Compare to Fortefighters and Fighgunners.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 23, 2007, 06:04 PM
On 2007-01-23 13:54, Vhex wrote:
Yeah they are Gimp fortegunners is what DJ is trying to say. Compare to Fortefighters and Fighgunners.

totally different. Figunners get twin handguns and traps. This makes them able to deal with flying creatures easily. (Specifically Tengohs)

Guntechers do gain access to wands, but their low TAP, and low technique cap means they really cannot use them to great effect. Especially if the GT in question is a Cast.

shewby
Jan 24, 2007, 12:30 AM
GT are not supposed to deal damage with wands and shouldn't be expect to give big heals with a lvl 10 resta regardless of race. Wands are for buffs, reverser, and emergency restas. A cast GT will deal huge damage with cards. Almost 1000 with right element. It's a shame fortetechers get the s rank cards and GT don't.

Jibby
Jan 24, 2007, 12:38 AM
Casts are Bots, hence the low MST/TP
Guntechers should have HIGHER MST/TP, because they're lacking ATP......severely, but they have accuracy.
they are meant for long range combat, and support. Not straight out guns, with even less guns than fortegunner or fighgunner, because that's about all you've got, you can't deal a terrible amount of damage with technics as a cast, that's why you have SUVs.

GreenArcher
Jan 24, 2007, 09:07 AM
My main character is a Female Cast, Level 6 Guntecher. I absolutly love it. I almost enjoy not having a force in the party. Idk, I find it kind of cool to get to run around, buff, debuff, trap, and attack for decent damage. Your damage is not gimped at all. I can put out 500+ with shotguns, 400ish with bows, 350 with rifles and duals, and I don't know about the rest (my offhand bullets are properly leveled atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif). However, you are right about the TP. It's a struggle to get that stat up there. Right now I'm using 4* Tenora wands, grinded to +10 and +9 (still debating if should push my luck on the +9 lol). I also have a Me/Concentrate on, so that's another 80 TP. I think my base TP is about 140 (level 63 and GT6), +80 TP, +400 from the wand I THINK, I'll double check on that later.

Really though, I've been comparing stats with Human Guntechers within my level range, and I've concluded that human and cast guntechers have the same stats give or take 10, accept in the TP/MST department. Humans have about 100 TP on me >_> I couldn't stand the way human female looked though, so I went with a cast. Plus SUV weapons are nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

If you want any specific questions you can PM me.

Edit: Confirm- 4* Tenora +10 has 434 TP, +80 from Me/Concentrate, +146 TP base = 660 TP, which ain't too shabby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Green_Archer3 on 2007-01-24 10:22 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 02:56 PM
I know Gunteckers are not meant to damage with techs, but if you can't resta more than a monomate would heal, there is little point to being a Guntecher.

Notice that humans are able to equip A rank wands (Cometara reqs 230 TAP), AND are able to equip any A rank ranger weapon

but I'm not sure that even a level 70/10 Female cast will be able to equip 6* B rank wands...

Soukosa
Jan 24, 2007, 04:47 PM
A 70/10 female cast GT would have 179 TP and thus the strongest would be Canara, 5* yohmei wand. However, by 90/20 they'd have 231 TP allowing them to equip the Cometara. At 100/10 they'd have 257 TP, which is only 10 TP shy of being able to equip the Camaterac, an 8* kubara wand, which I'd imagine would be rather awesome if ground up well. Hopefully, they still plan to increase the type level cap up to 20, which would likely allow a cast to eventually equip all wands up to 9*.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-01-24 13:47, Sounomi wrote:
A 70/10 female cast GT would have 179 TP and thus the strongest would be Canara, 5* yohmei wand. However, by 90/20 they'd have 231 TP allowing them to equip the Cometara. At 100/10 they'd have 257 TP, which is only 10 TP shy of being able to equip the Camaterac, an 8* kubara wand, which I'd imagine would be rather awesome if ground up well. Hopefully, they still plan to increase the type level cap up to 20, which would likely allow a cast to eventually equip all wands up to 9*.

Yeah, great. A 70/10 cast cannot equip a 6* wand. Brilliant. And yet a human can equip all the A-rank Guns a 60/10 or lower, AND an A rank Wand.

;-(

panzer_unit
Jan 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
Maybe you'd be the first techer to discover that Reverser >>>>>>> Resta for saving people's asses.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-01-24 14:02, panzer_unit wrote:
Maybe you'd be the first techer to discover that Reverser >>>>>>> Resta for saving people's asses.

Nobody likes a smart ass...especially when they are right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

shewby
Jan 24, 2007, 05:51 PM
As a cast GT, I heal for about 350. Gi / magic and +6 scepter help. With a tech boost it's higher. Two quick restas almost fully heals a force and that's really my main concern. I expect to eventually be able to heal about 500 once the cap is raised and I get my hands on some better wands and head pieces. It sucks hard that at 70/10 I will be just a few points short of using 5* wands. +2 TP for lvl 66-67 is garbage.

Gen2000
Jan 24, 2007, 08:11 PM
Cast are fine Guntechers. If you're one of those lamers who see a Cast Guntecher pop off their shitty 300ish Resta and forget how to use your own mates or run towards the other Resta spam happy Techer in the party then ya they're bad. Don't recieve their "Monomate-ish" Resta then complain about it afterwards. Cast Guntechers aren't about all out party support, selfish I know, it's about sacrificing some stats to be more self-efficient. They can Reverser here and there or top off a low level FO/PT's HP but you shouldn't rely on them to carry a whole team by themselves with healing.

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 10:22 PM
I just feel a little indignant that Humans and newmans not only get great wands, but also get the ATA to equip any weapon at about the same pace as a Cast.

people talk about Beast and Cast special abilities as being great, but seems like Humans rule the roost when it comes to being able to use prety much anything this game has to throw at them.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 24, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-01-24 19:22, SolomonGrundy wrote:
seems like Humans rule the roost when it comes to being able to use prety much anything this game has to throw at them.

umm, isn't that the whole point of being a human? the ability to do whatever?

Kittycat
Jan 25, 2007, 05:49 AM
TP isn't a problem... our techs are capped at level 10 ;E
Crossbow rape + quick frontline reversers = win

Alisha
Jan 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
i would totally be a cast/F guntecher just for longbows alone grenade launchers have never interested me.