PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: so how many of you know people that have had t

-Crokar-
Jan 23, 2007, 06:17 PM
the last 3 days 3 of my friends characters have been deleted and been replaced by a fat black newman female with a fro named uvebeenhacked.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 06:19 PM
And nobody's reported it? You know, it'll better be reported properly instead of just here. I haven't seen such a case, but needless to say, the reports should go immediately for stuff like that, regardless of server. Plus, not one single report of this on the official Phantasy Star Universe site at all. I'm beginning to wonder if they are pulling your leg. Either that, or just not following procedure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-01-23 15:30 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 23, 2007, 06:19 PM
360 or pc/ps2?

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 06:20 PM
360 he said

Golto
Jan 23, 2007, 06:21 PM
Opps I didn't see the 360 in topic. I guess microsoft is giving out gamertag passwords again.

Eliash
Jan 23, 2007, 06:23 PM
Lets see...but it's kinda odd that all the cases (so far) are from your friends. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Good luck with this.

-Crokar-
Jan 23, 2007, 06:30 PM
ive heard from other people that their friends have also had it happen to them

a few of them have called sega. but we all know how their customer support is

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-01-23 15:32 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2007, 06:31 PM
If it is really spread that far, why not one single report? Heck, every little issue I've seen has gone up to the official site in spades. Something is a bit fishy about this one, in particular.

-Crokar-
Jan 23, 2007, 06:41 PM
i went to official site and did a search about characters being deleted and found a thread about peoples characters being deleted.

JAFO22000
Jan 23, 2007, 06:50 PM
Link. I just did a quick search and found nothing.

-Crokar-
Jan 23, 2007, 07:11 PM
it was about the identity theftwhere they had their accounts jacked.. this is different. they still had their accounts but there characters where deleted. believe if you want dont if you dont i dont really care. i saw it happen with my own eyes. my friend was at my house when it happened. it said his character was on yet he was at my house. his room was locked. then he went to sign on and boom his character was gone and replaced by a character named uvebeenhacked.

Sekani
Jan 23, 2007, 11:08 PM
Sounds like someone needs to make sure people aren't playing with his Xbox while he's away.

Characters getting deleted is pretty major, so if it was a "hack", I think there would be a much bigger outcry over this.

Ryogen
Jan 24, 2007, 01:22 AM
I don't belive it man. I dont' see how one can hack the server just to delete a character. I mean they would do somthing like delete MANY characters in which becomes noticible or make a profit for themselves. Hackers do things for either profit or to be noticed.

-Crokar-
Jan 24, 2007, 01:23 AM
well when they take there stuff and put it in their shop the get something out of it. and doing it in small doses will keep them under the radar easier. but as i said believe it or not. i seen it happen

and sekani he had his 360 with him at my house.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2007-01-23 22:25 ]</font>

Ryogen
Jan 24, 2007, 01:27 AM
Yeah, that would keep things under the radar.

Arislan
Jan 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
Assuming it is true, hacked gamertags (identity theft). In that case, yes, Crokar, the accounts are still perfectly available. The person that broke the PW just has access to anything on the account, and can screw with it as they like.

Although, as others have said, this has only happened to your friends? And there are no reports on the PSU official forums? Sounds awfully fishy to me.

Sychosis
Jan 24, 2007, 10:56 AM
The answer is obvious, you "sleep hack" your friends.

For shame.

Seriously though, you need to make sure they go to the police if they had CC info stored on the HDD. More importantly then calling SEGA, they need to call MS.

Axel3792
Jan 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
I got a mail from Sega about a month ago (in regards to another one I sent, long story) saying that CC info and game info (player data, etc.) are stored on seperate servers and with different encryption methods. If it was a hack, they must have done some work to get both, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Still, you should examine your bank records closely though.

natewifi
Jan 25, 2007, 01:16 PM
Ummm don you think "fat black newman" is a little offensive?

Arislan
Jan 25, 2007, 03:00 PM
I think it's more a descriptor than anything else, especially since it's a digital character. Would it be any less offensive if the person said "skinny pale white human"? The character was the furthest on the proportion meter, the darkest skin tone available, and a newman. Not much else to it, unless you want to get into face or eye shape.

Behelit
Jan 25, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-01-23 22:23, -Crokar- wrote: but as i said believe it or not. i seen it happen

not

-Crokar-
Jan 25, 2007, 07:13 PM
thank you for your very well thought out opinion. i appreciate it.

nefarious
Jan 26, 2007, 01:35 AM
On 2007-01-25 10:16, natewifi wrote:
Ummm don you think "fat black newman" is a little offensive?

No.

Don't make me detail where and what to do with your PC BS propaganda.

Chuiji
Feb 1, 2007, 01:16 AM
Add InfamousVix to that list.
Characters as far as I know identical to the ones above replaced his. Only difference is that they were named 'ADAMGOTME'.
This, of course, includes his 69/10 [B] fF. He has filled out formal complaint forms and all that good stuff, but to no avail.

By the way; all they do is GT recover, only recovering someone else's gamertag...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuiji on 2007-01-31 22:23 ]</font>

Magician
Feb 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
Scary; if my main character was nuked in this fashion that would be enough for me to not make another.

Badwords
Feb 15, 2007, 12:33 PM
PLEASE, stop calling these immature morons "hackers" they are at best annoying kids guilty of identity theft!
YOU CANNOT HACK THE 360!!!!!..........yet.
Being a computer "savvy" individual my self I dont understand how anyone would even want to "hack" a fucking video game anyway. Explain that to Bubba when your getting raw prison love for 2-5 just cuz you wanted more meseta! LOSERS

Arislan
Feb 15, 2007, 05:01 PM
A bit hot in here all of a sudden. And actually, the 360 has been hacked. Snowfox completed that task, and was promptly banned for it. It's perfectly possible to do. But that's not very conducive to this conversation in any case.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 16, 2007, 12:48 PM
Identy theft is a punishable crime. I hope whomever endeavours in such activities would get aprehended and dealt with.

omegapirate2k
Feb 21, 2007, 02:04 AM
You know what? There is a large lack of black newman females on PSU. Somebody had to do it.