PDA

View Full Version : Step by Step guide on Tech leveling for FT (with pics)

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
As of now, somebody on the official forums has brought this up. The best place to level techs is the first room of Urgent Orders, with the ageeta spawns. Just open up the laser gate, hide behind the wall and spam your heart out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif When the firebreak event is over, go ahead and continue with my guide!

1. Grab your 1 star wands
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4624/psu200701250636140052ui.jpg

2. Switch to Wartecher (it only takes hunter lv3)
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/86/psu200701250637220060te.jpg

3. Go here
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3786/psu200701250654070074pr.jpg

4. Go to this corner and use FPS mode to turn around
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7766/psu200701250654150088rh.jpg

5. Barta/Zonde
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3879/psu200701250654250101pb.jpg

6. Gibarta/Gifoie/Gidiga/Gizonde
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/5931/psu200701250654280114is.jpg

7. Damu Techs (Damufoie and Damumegid will be a little tougher because you can't get hit and they don't stop the badiras, meaning you need to reduce their damage to 0, so I suggest lowering the mission by a rank ((I usually do S-rank though)) or casting jellen/deband, but definately get fire armor for this entire ordeal)
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1151/psu200701250657300122jo.jpg

8. Ra- Techs Rafoie/rabarta/razonde/radiga/rammegid
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/3982/psu200701250700350140xj.jpg

9. Rinse and repeast
http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/3331/psu200701250705520153qu.jpg

Have fun guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Post if you have any questions

Update:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3173405481048963311&hl=en
Rabarta, Razonde, Radiga, Noszonde, Nosmegid leveling (and bows/cards if you really wanted to as well)

Rafoie and Rammegid won't work because, Rafoie will kill them with burn. Rammegid causes confusion, which makes them jump all over the place.

I will post the best method for megid later as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-04-25 21:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-06-15 20:59 ]</font>

Dhylec
Jan 24, 2007, 05:28 PM
Heh, kind of interesting for such a short guide.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 24, 2007, 05:35 PM
Yup. Same technic Cherry taught me a long time ago.

The thing is, when you cast technic, it doesnt matter what damage output you give, it matters on the amount of enemies that were tagged.

So the more the group, the faster your technics will level up, and Parum Relics C-S is the best place for plenty of mobs with 5-6 enemies in those maps.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 06:42 PM
I've said this like 10 times, I'll say it again lol, so please listen.
"There are "safespots" in ALL outdoor maps" Exactly like this one, and they are ALL OVER the map, you dont need to just do 1 section and abandon, you can actually complete the whole mission just hopping from spot to spot, if you want me to show you, PM me

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 06:51 PM
Look, the point is NOT about the safespots

I had this question asked in psu.com's forum

Captain Bitter wrote:
Great guide. I was wondering about the safe spots in that area. But I do have a couple questions.

#1. Why switch to wartecher?
#2. De Ragan S has a ton of areas where enemies line up like that. Practically the whole mission. Why not do that one?
#3. Where does the guy who made barde and zonde take forever to level live? He could use a Chuck Norris roundhouse kick to the face.

1. Switching to wartecher reduces our TP by a great amount (as you can see, for me it reduced my TP from FT by half), couple that with 1 star wands, I'm doing 1/3rd the damage I usually do as a FT. Meaning 3x the tech exp because you can cast that much more before the monsters die.

2. Badiras in this perticular room is the best choice out of anywhere. The artificial wall in the middle of the large hall is very special. The reason I said to go to that corner is because, when you are at that corner, the badiras cannot move you, or jump behind you when attacking. Meaning all you have to do is stand there and spam whatever you'd like to level while tanking their damage which you can just resta yourself later for. Along with that, the ~11 golmoros after the initial 10 badiras are also cheese for Damu/Ra techs when they are stuck trying to claw at the wall b etween you and them.

3. I dunno

Fastest way to spam your techs without having to walk around or retarget because of monsters dying/jumping/moving/etc. Dragon does not have that, MOST room sin Dragon consists of 3-4 poltys/vahras whatever at any one time. Here you are able to be with a consitent max-target (6) situation 100% of the time without wasting much time moving Got the message?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 24, 2007, 06:56 PM
Fastest way to spam your techs without having to walk around or retarget because of monsters dying/jumping/moving/etc. Dragon does not have that, MOST room sin Dragon consists of 3-4 poltys/vahras whatever at any one time. Here you are able to be with a consitent max-target (6) situation 100% of the time without wasting much time moving Got the message?

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I have it, can you explain it again, pls?

tee.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-01-24 15:51, Tra wrote:

Right, without having to walk around. Now calculate in the time you waste abandoning mission, the MP you miss because you dont complete the mission, and how many techs there are that can hit more than 3 targets, which area do you think is better?

Also, this was someone else's idea, and you posted it as your own, should have at least credited it to the source.

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, I'll elaborate. In places such as dragon, the mobs aren't that often/big. Using the method displayed above, you're pretty much leveling at your maximum potential because 1. You can standstill and spam as fast as you can because you and the monsters are not moving 2. Mobs are larger than Plains Overlord. 3. I included the addition to switch to Wartecher in order to help out when trying to level a new tech to lvl20, because it reduces your power. therefore more casts.

Any more questions?

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 07:09 PM
Excuse me, I did this back 2 months as a level 50 Force to raise all my techs to 20. I kept it low by only telling my friends, you can ask dj and a couple others to vouch for that.

1. I didn't need MP then and I don't need MP now.
2. Gifoie/Gizonde/Gibarta/Gidiga/Damfoie/Dambarta/Damdiga/Dammegid/Barta/Zonde
3. It takes about 20 seconds for me to abandon and get re-situated. Gi-techs it does not matter what spawn pattern you have, which was how I got Gifoie to 21 in 4 hours right when the Gi-tech patch was out. (people said I got no life just because of that when I poosted a screen lol)
4. If you really wanted to do dragon... he's good for foie/diga. Not much else.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:02, Tra wrote:
Okay, I'll elaborate. In places such as dragon, the mobs aren't that often/big. Using the method displayed above, you're pretty much leveling at your maximum potential because 1. You can standstill and spam as fast as you can because you and the monsters are not moving 2. Mobs are larger than Plains Overlord. 3. I included the addition to switch to Wartecher in order to help out when trying to level a new tech to lvl20, because it reduces your power. therefore more casts.

Any more questions?

1. You can do this at any safe spot, know your spawn pattern for mobs, and only got for the "standstill" map.
2. Like I said, it does not matter because most of your techs only hits 3- mobs anyways.
3. What? I didn't say anything about wartecher.
Also, I said ALL outdoor maps, not just dragon, why do you think that's the only place with safespots?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jan 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
You can basically hunt for rappies in Relics S while doing this. In the long room spawn, theres over 4 different groups of 5-6 enemies to spawn. The next block, block 2, would have 2 groups of 5-6. Then at the bottom you would get your "finalized" rappie spawn check-mark or the abort button goes into progress.

Once you are capped with MP for your class, you can go on ahead to do this. If you worry about PA fragments then you can go and do a run for PA fragments, but this guide is to lvl your Techs without time as your enemy.

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:11, Eksukallybahr wrote:

On 2007-01-24 16:02, Tra wrote:

Any more questions?

1. You can do this at any safe spot, know your spawn pattern for mobs, and only got for the "standstill" map.
2. Like I said, it does not matter because most of your techs only hits 3- mobs anyways.
3. What? I didn't say anything about wartecher.
Also, I said ALL outdoor maps, not just dragon, why do you think that's the only place with safespots?

Quoted from above because you ignored my post

"2. Gifoie/Gizonde/Gibarta/Gidiga/Damfoie/Dambarta/Damdiga/Dammegid/Barta/Zonde"

Okay, all outdoor maps? Alright where's a good place to level techs faster than relics? Neudaiz? There's like what, 1 room in the entire world of neudaiz that contain 6 mobs at once? RARELY 5. Moatoob? Good choice, that room in System Defense full of jishagaras really like to stay still for you and your level 1 Damfoie.

Don't waste your time, this is Relics. You get here instantly and you get immediate results.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:09, Tra wrote:
Excuse me, I did this back 2 months as a level 50 Force to raise all my techs to 20. I kept it low by only telling my friends, you can ask dj and a couple others to vouch for that.

3. It takes about 20 seconds for me to abandon and get re-situated. Gi-techs it does not matter what spawn pattern you have, which was how I got Gifoie to 21 in 4 hours right when the Gi-tech patch was out. (people said I got no life just because of that when I poosted a screen lol)

1. So this guide is only for lvl70 people with capped mp? I'm sorry, not all people have lvl 10 classes.
2. 10 out of what? 26? And I'd really like to see you hit all 6-7 of them with zonde/barta.
3. 20 seconds times how many times you have to abandon is a lot, since you only doing what? 3 rooms each time, its REALLY a lot.
4. Foie Diga, all Ra spells, all bow shots, all kikami PAs, I think that's just a lil bit more than a measly 10 techs. Btw, those little things that are thunder element in de ragan pops 6 at a time plenty of places.

9lotus
Jan 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
A good place to level your dam- techs is Linear Line A

Delsabans and Pannons move slowly, they don't jump long distances at you, and they come in groups of at least 5 on many maps. If you're leveling Dammegid, they're all dark element so you can use the monsters longer before they die.

If you're doing Dambarta, you can go for Linear Line S too, the freeze effect works quite often on the Deljabans and you can just stand there and spam it while the frozen Deljabans block the others from attacking you.

If you see groups of Sendilans, restart the mission since they charge at you.

Also, I don't see what the issue is with MP. If you really want MP, just do some Bruce runs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 9lotus on 2007-01-24 16:50 ]</font>

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:43 PM
Also it would help if you addressed all the issues I have in my posts, instead of just picking out the ones you have answers for.
As for the "this wasn't your idea" part, I misread your post a couple posts back. Thought you asked that question and someone else responded.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:45 PM
But yea, I need to go back to PSU, feel like I'm leeching S runs now, if you have any other issues, I'll address them later.

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-01-24 16:36, Eksukallybahr wrote:

On 2007-01-24 16:09, Tra wrote:

1. So this guide is only for lvl70 people with capped mp? I'm sorry, not all people have lvl 10 classes.
2. 10 out of what? 26? And I'd really like to see you hit all 6-7 of them with zonde/barta.
3. 20 seconds times how many times you have to abandon is a lot, since you only doing what? 3 rooms each time, its REALLY a lot.
4. Foie Diga, all Ra spells, all bow shots, all kikami PAs, I think that's just a lil bit more than a measly 10 techs. Btw, those little things that are thunder element in de ragan pops 6 at a time plenty of places.

1. No, it's an option. When Gi techs and lv60 first came out, I stuck at lv50/1 just to level my gi-techs while everybody else leveled. And I enjoyed every moment of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
2. 10? Are you saying these 10 are worthless? Okay then I got nothing to say about that, you don't have to level them up, ignore this topic and move on.
3. 20 seconds is nothing when you spend 5-10minutes of non-stop casting. If you'd like to call this a bad method, give me proof somewhere else of you getting high level Gi techs easily.
4. I got nothing more to say period. This is a guide for said techs mentioned above, don't come in with something else.

If you want to help out, bring up some better points to your logic.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 07:59 PM
lol right, now you withdraw to Gi only, when in your original topic you clearly mentioned Ra-, ok sure

Tra
Jan 24, 2007, 08:05 PM
"Along with that, the ~11 golmoros after the initial 10 badiras are also cheese for Damu/Ra techs when they are stuck trying to claw at the wall b etween you and them.
"

I never emphasized anything about Ra- techs. That screenshot is just an example of how you can use it, nothing more. I leveled my Ra- techs elsewhere. Come up with a better way to level Gi and Damu, thanks. Only other comparable place is LL, which you never bothered even mentioning.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 08:07 PM
And I still wanna see you hit 6-7 with barta/zonde, which ARE worthless.
Gi spells and Dam spells kick ass, and I agree this is probably a faster (I didn't say better) way of leveling them, but the majority of the other things a force has to level can be done with same speed and better rewards (mp, loot, xp) than this place, how's that?
Also, I started lvling my techs at lvl 30, so dont talk like you're the only one. I spent all of lvl 30-45 soloing A runs, and got most my techs to 21+ that way, and I learned how to fight De Ragan, basis for fighting most of the other bosses.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 08:09 PM
You never emphasized anything about Gi- either.

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 08:12 PM
And the topic says "Step by Step guide on Tech leveling for FT (with pics)" not "Step by Step guide on Gi- Tech leveling for FT (with pics)" I'm sorry I came in here expecting more?

Eksukallybahr
Jan 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm really tired of arguing with you =/
I made a compromise a couple posts ago, agree or disagree, up to you.
As for a better place to lvl Gi, if you really say the 20 seconds wasted to reenter doesn't mean anything, they fine, I guess this place is best place to my knowledge of lvling Gi. If I find a better place, I'll post it.

Nayte
Jan 25, 2007, 02:52 PM
About this method, can this be done on a level 41 fortetecher 1? (newman) Can't be bothered switching to wartecher. I might, or might not...

Tra
Jan 25, 2007, 06:43 PM
well as long as you're taking heal-able damage, yeah it works. but the more damage you do the slower you level. so if you want to go hardcore, go get Wartecher! Don't bother with Guntecher.. getting techs to lv10 is easy enough

Reiichi
Jan 25, 2007, 06:55 PM
Don't forget to use a haru / quick for less tech and faster casting speed :/

ZaiV2
Jan 26, 2007, 06:31 AM
On 2007-01-25 15:55, Reiichi wrote:

Pardon, but where might I acquire a haru/quick?

Midicronica
Jan 26, 2007, 09:45 AM
On 2007-01-25 15:55, Reiichi wrote:

I lawl'd at this.

Anyway, I'll try this method out, I usually just solo Linear Line for lving my GI-techs because the DelSabans, Pannons, and Sendillans gather around. Not too mention all of them were above 11 when I started soloing, it quite a bit of range to hit the annoying Sendillans when they jump back.

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
Wow. Do people really have time to do this? Sounds like LOADS of fun. Whatever happened to leveling techs up naturally? I guess when you hit 70/10, you just gotta have something else to prove to yourself that you're "better" than all of the rest of the "noobs" in the game.

Spellbinder
Jan 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-01-26 07:55, JAFO22000 wrote:
Wow. Do people really have time to do this? Sounds like LOADS of fun. Whatever happened to leveling techs up naturally? I guess when you hit 70/10, you just gotta have something else to prove to yourself that you're "better" than all of the rest of the "noobs" in the game.

It's not about being '"better" than all of the rest of the "noobs" in the game.' It's about wanting to level your Technics, or not. When I was level 60 and the Gi Technics first came out for me, I asked myself do I want to

a.) Let them level from normal combat

b.) Get them to at least 21 for increased range and functionality.

I chose option b. Some people don't want the Technics they know they're going to enjoy to just stagger along slowly. They want their full functionality as soon as possible, so they work at it, like the apparently favorite among the US crowd now, Dambarta. Some people ask themselves do they want to

a.) Let it level slowly through its first two phases of small range, only able to use it for 4 to 6 tics of damage.

b.) Focus in on it for a day or two to get its full functionality, large range, and full 8 tics of damage.

Its just a choice. No one has to be pathetic for choosing one over the other.

Edit: Just thought of another good example. Two of the Ultimate Technics you use Photon Fragments to purchase, Nosuzonde and Nosumegid.

Sure, they're fine from level 1 through 20, homing in on enemies for damage and whatnot, but after level 21 they can knockdown or stagger enemies. So, do you want to wait and let it level naturally from combat, or would you want to find a way to get the knockback and staggering at level 21?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Spellbinder on 2007-01-26 09:22 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 01:55 PM
I want to wait and have fun leveling it along the way. I could not stand doing something like this. Sure I want to level my techs, but I'd like to have fun doing so. If this is your bag, then do it. I for one like the satisfaction and surprise I get from leveling it naturally. I also like to have fun playing the game and not griding to get it to the best possible level until I start using it in practice.

Again, I guess it's way more important to some people than it is to others.

Chuiji
Jan 26, 2007, 02:09 PM
My main may be and fF, but I did dabble in fT. Super powerleveling your techs is not something I would do (personally), but grinding for % when I'm tired of grinding for exp sounds like something I'd do when I need 10->11 or 20->21

JAFO22000
Jan 26, 2007, 02:32 PM
Oh sure, when I'm at level 20 with a Tech and it's at 90% until 21, I will use it more often. But it's in the course of a level, not "start a room, stand here, spam your spell, kill everything, abort mission, repeat". I wouldn't be able to deal with that tedium. The game would cease to be a game to me.

Chuiji
Jan 26, 2007, 02:42 PM
Something I forgot to say:
I would NEVER EVER EVER do this with a single hit tech...that would bore me to tears. With Gi-or Ra-spells, sure. In the right mission, you can get % a lot faster than you might think.

Eksukallybahr
Feb 3, 2007, 02:52 AM
Revised, this method sucks, I just spent the last 10 minutes at least just trying to get the right map, and when I got the right map, this still sucks because you only get like 11 badiras, the stuff that pops after that is hard to hit through the wall, and does too much damage if you take them head on. Btw switching to wartecher only gets the techs to lvl 10, what do you do for 10-21? which takes about 10 times as much time as 1-10? In conclusion, this method really sucks, go to linear line or just use safe spots.

Tra
Feb 3, 2007, 05:11 AM
On 2007-02-02 23:52, Eksukallybahr wrote:
Revised, this method sucks, I just spent the last 10 minutes at least just trying to get the right map, and when I got the right map, this still sucks because you only get like 11 badiras, the stuff that pops after that is hard to hit through the wall, and does too much damage if you take them head on. Btw switching to wartecher only gets the techs to lvl 10, what do you do for 10-21? which takes about 10 times as much time as 1-10? In conclusion, this method really sucks, go to linear line or just use safe spots.

seriously, know what you're talking about first, you're hardly even credible. WARTECHER TECHS GO UP TO 20.
--
Mod edit: no need to call names!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-16 08:31 ]</font>

Eksukallybahr
Feb 3, 2007, 02:48 PM
Even if it does go to twenty, so WHAT? Does that fix the fact you take HALF AN HOUR WAITING FOR THE GOD DAMN RIGHT MAP? NO IT DOES NOT.

Just out of curiousity, how long did it take you to get dambarta to 21 anyways?

--
Mod edit: no need to call names!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-02-16 08:32 ]</font>

Eksukallybahr
Feb 3, 2007, 03:11 PM
meh w/e it doesn't even matter, I'm just happy I got my dambarta to 21 in a lil over 3.5 hours and a solid/power S to boot.

Jey
Feb 4, 2007, 02:16 AM
yay for assholism.

Wartecher is a good idea, only need HU3 to get it started since fTs already have the FO5 covered. On the other hand, Wartecher can't use rods so that kind of limits safety/ease-of-levelling on non-stagger dam techs unless you're haxing that wall (Jailor of Love tactics, heh)

Though personally, I agree that restarting for a correct map then killing stuff and restarting again is kind of silly when there are plenty of "safe spots" outdoors to play with. I levelled my single/ray/ra/dam/debuff techs in De Ragan S, and my Gi/Dambarta/Damdiga techs in Linear Line, farming photons, fragments, and other things in the meanwhile.

For De Ragan skilling, just bring a rods for dam techs and a ton of starras (just since you can't simply buy 1*wands <_<) for everything else. There's that one map that starts with distovas through the side cave that has 6 polties somewhere, really nice for levelling debuffs, even on C rank. Same map has the king vahra on the 3rd map next to a convenient marker, great for levelling dam techs if you hold down the button in moderation.

For Linear Line bring at least mebbe some grinded canes for those Gi techs and good staves for dambarta/damdiga *shrug* and make a fortune on the side.

If you're one of those people asking "why not just let it level in party missions?" well, I'll direct you to the killstealing/knockbacking hunters who get 30% PA skill increases while forces get 5%... mostly because of missing from knockbacks (@#$@ing grenades too ._.) and having to resta/buff/debuff, not to mention the really gimp range of effect on <11 AOE spells.

If you do that you'll just end up hating distova and sendillians with enough passion to throw Foie/Digas at them instead of skill up, but no need to have a cow over another's methods -_-;

Umberger
Feb 4, 2007, 02:32 AM
I'm currently just standing around the Photon Charger cube in block 3 of Mad Creatures C...3 friends of mine were kind enough to idle for the night while I (me, 2 NPCs, 3 guys = 6) level up my buffs.

I think that's the easiest way to level buffs. With a Tomoirod, Mayrod, Cometara and Septara, it's <1000 to recharge all of them at once, and I've even seen people in player shops sell Photon Charge Cosmos for less than that if you're really looking for a good deal.

Tra
Feb 4, 2007, 05:20 AM
On 2007-02-03 23:16, Jey wrote:
yay for assholism.

Wartecher is a good idea, only need HU3 to get it started since fTs already have the FO5 covered. On the other hand, Wartecher can't use rods so that kind of limits safety/ease-of-levelling on non-stagger dam techs unless you're haxing that wall (Jailor of Love tactics, heh)

Though personally, I agree that restarting for a correct map then killing stuff and restarting again is kind of silly when there are plenty of "safe spots" outdoors to play with. I levelled my single/ray/ra/dam/debuff techs in De Ragan S, and my Gi/Dambarta/Damdiga techs in Linear Line, farming photons, fragments, and other things in the meanwhile.

For De Ragan skilling, just bring a rods for dam techs and a ton of starras (just since you can't simply buy 1*wands <_<) for everything else. There's that one map that starts with distovas through the side cave that has 6 polties somewhere, really nice for levelling debuffs, even on C rank. Same map has the king vahra on the 3rd map next to a convenient marker, great for levelling dam techs if you hold down the button in moderation.

For Linear Line bring at least mebbe some grinded canes for those Gi techs and good staves for dambarta/damdiga *shrug* and make a fortune on the side.

If you're one of those people asking "why not just let it level in party missions?" well, I'll direct you to the killstealing/knockbacking hunters who get 30% PA skill increases while forces get 5%... mostly because of missing from knockbacks (@#$@ing grenades too ._.) and having to resta/buff/debuff, not to mention the really gimp range of effect on <11 AOE spells.

If you do that you'll just end up hating distova and sendillians with enough passion to throw Foie/Digas at them instead of skill up, but no need to have a cow over another's methods -_-;

1 star wands are availablle at the Colony Shop.

This is a guide for power leveling, not "casual" leveling. The reason for my guide is for anybody to have an instant headstart for new techs that they want to use, since level 1 techs have a pitiful aoe. From my screenshots, you'll see badiras compact EXTREMELY tight into you, that even a level 1 Gi-tech will hit all 6 of them no problem.

There are several variations without golmoros. All you need are badiras and a gi-tech, and you won't level a gi-tech faster anywhere else. Ra-techs you can pretty much do those anywhere, but the entire span of Parum Relics is very good for Ra-tech training (LL being a close second). Dam-techs... yes level 1 dam- techs are just disgusting. The badiras compact enough for you to hit all of them at once even with that tiny aoe of a lv1 dam-tech.

Wartecher is the way to go. Your TP is lowered damage halved, all you want is level 20 techs. When you get up there, you'll have the second tier of techs when you switch back to fortecher and you'll have an easier time to move on to level 21+

Jey
Feb 4, 2007, 07:40 AM
I kinda disagree about Ra technics, it's much easier to hit targets that aren't moving around, and there are no "safe" spots in relics unless you're in an area where they're doing 0 damage to you, and in those situations, 1 or 2 gi technics will knock those mobs out. In Relics A like you show, the downside is that you're going to get knocked around and have to pay attention to resta and whatnot, along with needing to kill golmoros to pop doors - I guess I'm just the lazy type satisfied with hitting 3-4 targets in total safety while not needing to move around much.

Not sure how "casual" is vs. "power-levelling" goes, I usually got lv21 in a Ra technic in De Ragan S in around 6 hours starting from scratch, but that includes killing the dragon and whatnot z.z

Oh well, pity most of my spells are 21+ already... mebbe I'll try with ramegid *ugh* Just seems a little skewed to suggest a rewardless means to have a lv21 technic as the best way to powerlevel it! Most people aren't capped level/job level with tricked out gear yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jey on 2007-02-04 04:49 ]</font>

Tra
Feb 4, 2007, 07:49 AM
megid... won't work. you're gonna be killing the monsters before getting any exp from them.

My guide isn't about "safe spots where you don't take damage". From my example, that specific corner is not exactly a "safe spot". You will take damage, but the thing is, badiras will not jump behind you, and you WON'T get knocked around as they will in any other area in the entire mission. That's what makes it special! You can spam at will until they're dead, then use the wall for pretty much the rest of the block.

I already said Ra- techs can be leveled well anywhere, but I still say it's better in relics, it's just more constant. Golmoros aren't that hard to hit, even if your ra- tech is only lv1.

Syl
Feb 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
lol and I was just about to ask for some tips from you today Cherry after I saw all those 30's >.>

Samaine
Feb 15, 2007, 02:19 PM
thanks for the tip cherry. let's race to max our techs. =)

pso123hrf
Feb 15, 2007, 11:05 PM
If you guys told me while I was STILL a fortetecher, I'd be level 70-4 by now. Why don't i have friends on PSU thats on PSO-WORLD? *cries*

Meh, I guess I'll work on techs at the spot. PM me so i have the routine down.

Tra
Feb 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-02-15 11:19, Samaine wrote:

You're already beat, Asami has all 30s already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and I only have 5 techs left (Barta Zonde Damdiga Dammegid Ramegid)... I pretty much STOPPED once that dreaded day where it was announced that the goddamn patch is gonna delayed THREE WEEKS. Yeah I'm taking my time =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-02-16 08:29 ]</font>

Samaine
Feb 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-02-16 08:27, Tra wrote:

On 2007-02-15 11:19, Samaine wrote:

You're already beat, Asami has all 30s already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and I only have 5 techs left (Barta Zonde Damdiga Dammegid Ramegid)... I pretty much STOPPED once that dreaded day where it was announced that the goddamn patch is gonna delayed THREE WEEKS. Yeah I'm taking my time =

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tra on 2007-02-16 08:29 ]</font>

wow thats crazy. oh well. =P

pso123hrf
Feb 18, 2007, 09:51 AM
No one will be my tech leveling buddy?

DrEngrish
Mar 7, 2007, 06:26 AM
Wow, I'm amazed that so many people have been flaming this topic just for the sake of arguing. If some you who consistently come here and leave post saying, "this method sucks"..."this way is better" quiet down and spend this time to lvl your techs, you might actually get some results.

I just wanted to let you know that you made a great tutorial here, and wanted to thank you for your hard work in putting it together. You didn't have to share this information with everyone, you could have easily left it for your own personal use. Some people here have seem to taken that for granted.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to search you down one of these days and thank you personally.

Later

DrEngrish
:3

Vuman
Mar 25, 2007, 11:57 PM
My Newman Force is currently at level 5, would this method be feasible at this point?

and how do I figure out if the Relics map I'm on has that little corner you use First person to turn around on or that wall for the Ra techs?

Tra
Mar 27, 2007, 10:16 PM
I'd wait til you're at a level where the badiras can't hurt you much (20 damage or less) before you start trying it. The map I am talking about is the one where you start in a large hallway, with steps going downhill towards a room with a red laser gate right infront of your sight. You'll know what I mean when you see it. =)

FUFME
Apr 6, 2007, 02:27 AM
I tried this method today, what a huge difference leveling up it is.

There are a few techs Ive been slacking off on and didnt get them to LV21 -- Were like 16-18..etc

All I did was do 2 Crimson S2 runs. and got Hunter 4 1/2..lol Joined a started mission and got A rank, next was S. booya.

Mystil
May 2, 2007, 07:19 PM
Bringing this topic back from the dead.

(=p)

When I wanted to become an.. "effective" FT, there was only one person I could think of who knows how to do that best(mind you I'm no fan of cherry, but he's brilliant), so I looked for this thead.

My ONE problem with this method is the MAP SPAMMING. After like 4390593639856 mission aborts and not getting the right room, I took my chances in LL Unsafe Passage A. IT doesn't work as well as the SW method, but there is less map spammage to get a room with a lot of enemies. I got dambarta from 13 to 21 in about 2 hours(not counting the 1hr that I fell asleep due to bordem from repetition).

It'd be better if you could TURN OFF EVASION, but whatever. Useful guide, I suspect to have all my techs to 21+ within a few days(tired of doing gimp dmg >_>).

Tra
May 3, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-05-02 17:19, Mystil wrote:
Bringing this topic back from the dead.

(=p)

When I wanted to become an.. "effective" FT, there was only one person I could think of who knows how to do that best(mind you I'm no fan of cherry, but he's brilliant), so I looked for this thead.

My ONE problem with this method is the MAP SPAMMING. After like 4390593639856 mission aborts and not getting the right room, I took my chances in LL Unsafe Passage A. IT doesn't work as well as the SW method, but there is less map spammage to get a room with a lot of enemies. I got dambarta from 13 to 21 in about 2 hours(not counting the 1hr that I fell asleep due to bordem from repetition).

It'd be better if you could TURN OFF EVASION, but whatever. Useful guide, I suspect to have all my techs to 21+ within a few days(tired of doing gimp dmg >_>).

Ooooh I thought you hated me!

If you are having problems with evade, I can only imagine you're either talking about damfoie or dammegid.Damfoie is a problem if you don't have a high fire% armor. You need to be totally immune. You can of course, go get a high fire% armor, which shouldn't be too hard. Or you can reduce yourself a rank, by going to Sleeping Warriors A, to make sure you get full immunity. It'll go plenty fast as most of the damage you're doing comes from burn anyway, you'll still get great exp. Another option is to level a different tech, like a Gi-tech or the other 2 dam-techs on the first 10 badiras of the large hallway. After that, you can use the wall for damfoie without any trouble for the rest of the block. Dammegid... I suggest just going to Linear Line for that, because dammegid will kill badiras really fast, and even faster the golmoros. You won't be getting too many hits off.

As for the map spamming... there's a couple options:
Any map that has pure badiras in the first spawn (it can be the hallway with the door to the right or the one with an immediate stairway to the left), you're free to use any gi-tech, or dambarta/damdiga in without any trouble. Ra-techs also work, just run up against a wall and spam the wall.

And...
What I personally did, is something not many people are able to have access to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I two-boxed. As in I had a second computer next to me, logged on a friend's character. While I was clearing the map with damfoie, I was doing the map resets on my friend's character, so it was pretty much non-stop all the way. =)

VPLoki
May 3, 2007, 02:05 AM
Good guide cherry, short and sweet, seems like it works well too. Idk why Eksu is being suck a prick, but i admire you for staying cool headed about it. Keep up the good work, you are a psu legend in my mind.

Forumchibi
Jul 4, 2007, 12:56 PM
Uh, as I just came back to the game, where do you even find the Urgent Orders mission? Can you even get it anymore now that Firebreak is over, and can you start it solo?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Forumchibi on 2007-07-04 11:12 ]</font>

DarkRM7
Jul 25, 2007, 02:35 PM
I have a dumb question..how does Resta, buffs and debuffs level? Can I just start buffing nonstop and it'll start leveling? Resta does it level just by spamming it or you actually need to have been hit to actually start gaining the exp?
Sorry to bump the topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

WolfBlade
Jul 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
Im lvl 84 FO(well WT) and I use this trick to lvl megid in SW S2, cuz I get lazy wit this spell n also hunting ground for wat ever they drops ,storm line I think?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 27, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-07-25 12:35, DarkRM7 wrote:
I have a dumb question..how does Resta, buffs and debuffs level? Can I just start buffing nonstop and it'll start leveling? Resta does it level just by spamming it or you actually need to have been hit to actually start gaining the exp?
Sorry to bump the topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Buffs and debuffs you just cast over and over. Resta has to actually HEAL something (so you have to not be at full HP), and Reverser has to actually CURE a status.

Umberger
Jul 27, 2007, 02:52 AM
If you have a willing party, the "easy" way of leveling Resta/Reverser/Giresta is to:

1) Get a full party.
2) Go to the room with the constant poison/damage "fog".
3) Cast.

You might want to be a Fortetecher when doing that though, since you'll have the PP reductions (helps a lot for Giresta).

An easy way to level debuffs (not the easiest or best...any place with 6 things works really):

1) Lab Recovery (just do it on C and buy a Teroline from the NPC)
2) Get the block one where you walk down into the big pit (seen here (http://psupedia.info/images/e/e3/LRbigpitright.JPG))
3) Repeat until you get a spawn of a billion Volfu (you'll know it when you see it)
4) Cast over and over.

Same thing as before, being a Fortetecher helps for the PP reduction.

darkante
Jul 27, 2007, 03:34 AM
I recommend just doing LL C for leveling debuff spells.
Most of the time the enemies is in a group of 5.
And even better that they canīt hurt you.

I suggest using a controller with a auto-fire function (or plainly just use the JoytoKey program for that)
And then you leave it at that for automatic casting of your particular defuff you wanna level.
Take note, itīs still gonna be a slow method because of the slow pp regeneration but if you wanna be lazy for like 1 or 2 debuff levels by all means do that and leave it at night. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif