PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Adahna Degahna, GIVE ME YOUR GUN!

Sephlock
Jan 25, 2007, 07:05 AM
Whats a ranger to do when he wants a Degahna cannon?

(I'm playing the 360 version, btw).

I don't ever see it for sale, and probably couldn't afford it even if it was. My only hope is to fight Adahna Degahna over and over until he drops his gun, then somehow wrangle a party to run Grove of Fanatics on S repeatedly (if it drops, how much do you think I should offer to the guy who gets it... since I KNOW it ain't gonna be me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif).

-As a side note, how come so few people ever want to do the Grove? Is it just because of the healing enemies and the exploding robots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?

... Annnyways, I've heard that the cannon drops even on C rank, so I go off to solo the Grove on C.

I can pretty much tear through everything (except the red robots, which take three point blank shotgun blasts to kill... quite annoying, but managable), UNTIL I run into the boss, at which point... well, I could use some tips.

I'm a level 41 Cast, level 2 Fortegunner. I have dark bullets (although I recently broke my precious rifle grinding), and dark grenades, for what its worth.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sephlock on 2007-01-25 05:46 ]</font>

Golto
Jan 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
Well the cannon part not board can drop in any difficulty of Grove but the board can only drop in s rank mission of Grove. I would use a rifle with dark bullets and shoot the small middle section of the boss. It recieves the most damage there and if you hit it enough it makes it slump over. It must be a 360 thing since I can usually find a srank party for grove at nights on pc/ps2.

Sephlock
Jan 25, 2007, 12:35 PM
Everyone in that area is doing rainbow beast, and there aren't that many to begin with >_<.

Anyways, what rifle should I buy, now that I'm in the market for one? Having a little trouble finding a Phantom... should I go for Assasin?

SolomonGrundy
Jan 25, 2007, 01:33 PM
As a fortegunner, you may have luck using saber, or dagger to get rapid hits on him when he is close.

Without too much trouble you should eb able to find a 25+% dark 6* yohemmi dagger, and your ATP will help. These daggers regenerate PP well, so you can really spam the PA.

Solo_Wing
Jan 25, 2007, 01:43 PM
i found my adahna cannon a couple days ago, now i jus gotta farm for the degahna cannon board :/

Golto
Jan 25, 2007, 02:07 PM
You'll also need 15 rubinad too so hope you are rich or very lucky.

Nani-chan
Jan 25, 2007, 02:51 PM
Adahna: No way, it's mine!

imfanboy
Jan 25, 2007, 03:20 PM
Use a dark spear and Dus Daggas.

Lock on to him from behind; if you're solo he'll usually just spin around and around over and over and if you're in that little hollow in his back you can just whack him without fear of consequence.

And I feel the same way, except that for YOU the Deghana Cannon is a luxury; you can get S-rank Cannons.

For Guntechers, it's the best possible laser cannon, and I really DO want one for Mayalee Beam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: imfanboy on 2007-01-25 12:21 ]</font>

WildArms2
Jan 25, 2007, 04:54 PM
hey if you want help hunting for it I'm down to help you , i'd like to do grove more often for fast exp but not many people play there...if the item your looking for drops and I somehow get it I'll sell it to you way under the lowest player store shop price what ever that is...I always underprice my things and sell for lowest price on market like my Jao delema i got yesterday lowest was 20k so i sold my twofor 15k each sold in a few hours...

Anyway hit me up in game name Kannon Lv38 Figgunner lv 3

360 Gametag Wild arms 2

WildArms2
Jan 25, 2007, 04:56 PM
hey if you want help hunting for it I'm down to help you , i'd like to do grove more often for fast exp but not many people play there...if the item your looking for drops and I somehow get it I'll sell it to you way under the lowest player store shop price what ever that is...I always underprice my things and sell for lowest price on market like my Jao delema i got yesterday lowest was 20k so i sold my twofor 15k each sold in a few hours...

Anyway hit me up in game name Kannon Lv38 Figgunner lv 3

360 Gametag Wild arms 2

Sephlock
Jan 25, 2007, 05:57 PM
I thought that "hollow in the middle of his back" trick only worked for the mech with treads... are you sure that isn't going to get me killed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?

imfanboy
Jan 25, 2007, 06:17 PM
It works - or rather, it does on PS2. I do it all the time when I solo him with my Wartecher. It might get you HURT, but if you wear some armor with Light element you should live through ANYTHING he does on C. <_< B, on the other hand... but that's on the other hand, after all.

Sephlock
Jan 25, 2007, 07:25 PM
I just tried it. He teleported away http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Anyways, by now I've slaughtered the equivalent of the entire Newman population of Neudaiz in the form of those mask wearing fanatics. Any idea on what the odds are of the cannon dropping in C rank (If it makes a difference)?

I just recently broke open the boss boxes and saw a red item....

As predicted, it turned out to be Kubara wood.

DAMN YOU ADAHNA DEGAHNA!

Rasputin
Jan 25, 2007, 07:46 PM
On my first Grove S outing I saw the elusive board. Ever since then, no luck

Sephlock
Jan 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
I don't suppose you still have it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?