PDA

View Full Version : Weapon system

Kevino
Jan 25, 2007, 04:27 PM
just for visual fun. there could be a weapons system. certain posts could be worth "meseta". and you could click a store link. i think theres already a program for it. it's used on another forum and i think it's good but you tell me. the site is

http://www.undeadgames.com

click forum and any thread will have people with stuff. but that's just my opinion

KojiroAK
Jan 25, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-01-25 13:27, Kevino wrote:
just for visual fun. there could be a weapons system. certain posts could be worth "meseta". and you could click a store link. i think theres already a program for it. it's used on another forum and i think it's good but you tell me. the site is

http://www.undeadgames.com

click forum and any thread will have people with stuff. but that's just my opinion

I don't think that's a good idea.
This would pretty sure lead people to make
unnecessary posts.
(even more then a simple post counter)

Kevino
Jan 29, 2007, 04:01 PM
... hmmmm. good point but you'd probabally be supprised. from the time we went to it on undeadgames there hasn't been much increase in spam. the spammers accually did it less i believe! but thats up to everyone else to decide if they like it not me...

Soukosa
Jan 29, 2007, 04:06 PM
Gaia-online used a money system to where you could gain it by posting stuff. Anyone that's been there should know what that means >.> The forums I hung out during my time with RO used a money system as well, to where it'd cost money to make new topics and to post in the ranting forum. That only really lead to the forum trolls (who primarily hung around the drama in the rants) to spam messages in the other forums to get money. Any sort of reward for posting just tends to cause spam issues, sadly.

Nidramag
Jan 29, 2007, 08:13 PM
troc has some point system like that...

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 30, 2007, 03:40 AM
This reminds me of the thing PSOW had for a few weeks where ABDUR had a lot of HP/TP/EXP in his bars about his avatar.

Kevino
Jan 30, 2007, 09:06 AM
the gaia online one is nice and all but it's time based all you had to do to get money there is turn on your comp and log in and leave to go to the y or something and you had money. but thats a diff system that's for your avatar. on undead (btw did any one even look?) you accually saw... most of the stuff you bought at the 'store' it is true that some spamming would go up i geuse but i honestly dont notice on the other forum i just ignore it.

EDIT: also there shouldn't be too much coding w/ it there is a program out there for this if remember correctly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevino on 2007-01-30 06:08 ]</font>

Arislan
Jan 30, 2007, 09:58 AM
Well, the problem with "not a lot of coding" is that PSOW uses a very modified version of the original php code. So something that may be simple to implement on a fresh board may be an incredible chore to do on the site.

Kevino
Jan 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
well i wouldnt know i'm not a mod... wah. but ... ah skrew it i seem to be the only one supporting it so it wouldnt happen any way

Ryna
Jan 30, 2007, 01:51 PM
PSO-World used to have a system like this with HP and TP bars. Depending on the number of the posts you had made and various other factors, the bars would increase. This feature was eventually removed becaused it caused a lot of overhead on the webserver. Various ideas have been floated around since then, but haven't gained much traction. Any new system would require a lot of coding and testing.

Kevino
Jan 31, 2007, 09:06 AM
okey dokey then might as well get rid of this one then.