PDA

View Full Version : what is the deal with all the hate?

LoopBeatstalker
Jan 25, 2007, 11:52 PM
anyone else having the problem with people jumping down you throat for not being a chatterbox?
i usually play with my headset on and these people are seething with hatred! or mock you about every last detail...that is why i play mute and ignore everything people say to me...anyone else have this problem?
is there a universe that is "jerkface free"?

Sinue_v2
Jan 25, 2007, 11:55 PM
Unlikely

-Ryuki-
Jan 25, 2007, 11:55 PM
Why's there so many threads very similar to this?

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2007, 01:14 AM
I get the opposite, it's difficult to start a conversation. I normally try to throw out random lines whenever possible (Normally making cracks at people's names, since that's normally what I have to work with) and then quiet down to a more comfortable level once I get a decent conversation going. Still, it makes me feel bad for the mages healing me.

Shinzakura
Jan 26, 2007, 01:41 AM
On 2007-01-25 22:14, Zorafim wrote:
I get the opposite, it's difficult to start a conversation. I normally try to throw out random lines whenever possible (Normally making cracks at people's names, since that's normally what I have to work with) and then quiet down to a more comfortable level once I get a decent conversation going. Still, it makes me feel bad for the mages healing me.

I'm in agreement with this. Usually I get the quiet ones, so I never hear a thing at all. Considering what you're going through, though, I feel your pain on that one.

LoopBeatstalker
Jan 26, 2007, 01:57 AM
well...i'm usually listening to music while playing...so i type when a trade comes up or whatever....
but in all my experiences on here it's been racist jerks and people calling me gay for having a newman...or they fall back on the always reliable "noob" which just breaks my heart. hehehe

one awesome time i did have with the headset on... these fat dudes talking about ice cream for the whole mission....loving descriptive detail about "blue bunny" or some such product....

yeah...i prefer keyboard overall...the voice thing just kinda kills it for me...it destroys the illusion of the game

Slickk
Jan 26, 2007, 02:22 AM
FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

Pengfishh
Jan 26, 2007, 02:33 AM
The internet is about hate. Anonymity means being an asshole. With no real consequence other than anonymous disdain from others, why hold back?

With typing it's worse -- you can't get a feel for tone without really analyzing the text coming at you, and most of the time folks aren't sophisticated enough to express a proper tone leaving you either angry or in hysterics (select few fall into the latter category). "lol stfu" can be interpreted only so many ways.

So let's all sit back and demand that everyone be on the same intellectual wavelength.

Addendum: And yes, I am more intelligent than most everyone. Just look at that proper usage of addendum.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pengfishh on 2007-01-25 23:35 ]</font>

LoopBeatstalker
Jan 26, 2007, 02:58 AM
internet??? hate? i guess if you're hanging around those funny kkk sites and all..then i guess it is...
it's mostly about sex when you get down to it...but that is besides the point.

and what's wrong with expecting everyone to have a higher intellect? i'm no snob...come on!!! a bunch of people also playing another incarnation of phantasty star!! there has to be some common ground here!!
and how can you be so shitty playing this game!!! it's a neon icecream cone with peeps dancing on it!
i also have the point of view that your online persona is a aspect of you....believe it or not actions on the net can have consequences...you can pay bills online right? just another extension of reality. sorry man...i just can't rest on the fact of "appealing to the lowest common denominator" i expect more and am more than willing to put up with the disapointment coming from such an attitude

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
On 2007-01-25 20:55, RyukiZero wrote:
Why's there so many threads very similar to this?

It seems to be a proven problem with playing online.

Tra
Jan 26, 2007, 03:08 AM
ehh.... my very presence ignites hate from others

Pengfishh
Jan 26, 2007, 03:23 AM
I was mostly being facetious, but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN. Have any of you cats been to GameFAQs lately? That place is a fuckhole damnhell gathering of complete fucking internet assholes out to prove they're more fucking awesome at being an asshole than the next guy. You see topics like "Hey guys, I'm glad I have this game, aren't you?" with replies like "Yeah, REAL GREAT </sarcasm> have a cookie and read the four hundred other topics about liking this game OK and STFU and get a life or a girlfriend or have sex with someone OK GR8 ur mom."

Fucking insanity, I tells ya.

LoopBeatstalker
Jan 26, 2007, 03:34 AM
oooohhh dude!!! don't bring up gamefaqs!!! that place makes me shake my head in shame for all video game players!!! it's funny...when you are met with sarcasm or a shitty reply on any game message board just bring up gamefaqs. that tends to shut people up extra quick...
that is the kind of mentality i keep running into on 360 PSU. even with all the bastard pkers on dreamcast i had a much more pleasant time there... don't get me wrong..i'm am in no way knocking this current version....i love it...beside the whole mag thing...that shit is just fruity...i feel molesto keeping little girls in my room...hope you get the option of turning them into bel pannons or something...

Pentence
Jan 26, 2007, 03:51 AM
Ah yes the ever great LIVE comunity at its best.I have run into alot of nice people on there to no doubt but the majorty seem to be jerks.On anotehr note i have noticed the level of intellect can also be tied to game gnre or what have you.I have met far more intellegent people on Monster Hunter,mechassualt,Phantom Dust,and RP WoW servers than others i ahve played.It just seems those with similar intellect prefer these few titles that i have as well.This also applys to forums includeing this one for the most part there is decent inteligence.

PSU on pc/ps2 seems to be similar when NOT on the most used servers becouse most people avoid them for similar reasons.

NisukeReach
Jan 26, 2007, 04:14 AM
ha ha ha.... on xbox you get to use a nice built in mic. I feel it's pretty mature of you to use the mute option, if you don't feel like participating in a party discussion. It's another person's problem if they can't contact you. the PSU PC is pretty nifty for teamspeak, ventrilo, roger wilco, etc. However, the PS2 players are somewhat biting the dust in terms of voice chat.... XBOX remains surpreme with the integrated voice chat. it's just funny for me to hear that people are actually finding it more of a detriment than a privelage, most of the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif;

SaiSpagS
Jan 26, 2007, 05:17 AM
GameFAQs only got crap since Gamespotter Kids invaded, freaking 6 year olds trying to pretend LOL I HAVE A WIFE AND KID SO STFU YOU KNOW NOTHIHNG STFU LOL!
Grrr.....
LUE is still fun.

Sinue_v2
Jan 26, 2007, 01:14 PM
GameFAQs only got crap since Gamespotter Kids invaded

No.. it gotten worse, but it's always been crap.