PDA

View Full Version : Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race" debut

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
Discuss.

Hrigg
Jan 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yuck.

That's all I have to say.

Allos
Jan 26, 2007, 04:10 PM
*Continues listening to Carcass*

Polly
Jan 26, 2007, 04:11 PM
Fall Out Boy's "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race" debuts at #2 on the Billboard's Hot 100 Chart

Doesn't take much to do that these days.

Dangerous55
Jan 26, 2007, 05:51 PM
Fall Out Boy sucks.

Topic discussed.

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I agree. Fall Out Boy DOES suck >>

I mean, have you seen the video? The dude's flapping his arms around-haven't seen anything like that since the likes of Hinder. (Now THAT was funny! >=D)

Still, it beat shit like Akon's "I Wanna Love You" and "Smack That", Fergie's "Fergalicious", and various other great tracks.

I'm still waiting for Rich Boy to come up on Billboard, myself. >>

Jehosaphaty
Jan 26, 2007, 06:29 PM
About as overrated as half of the "good legendary" stuff. Not a huge fallout boy fan, but it's decent at best.

FOAtHeart
Jan 26, 2007, 06:38 PM
Not only is it bad music, it is pretentious bad music. Just awful.

Rasputin
Jan 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Damn you Fall Out Boy... Damn You...

CupOfCoffee
Jan 26, 2007, 07:13 PM
*shrug* Fall Out Boy doesn't mess with me and I don't mess with them. Honestly, if I had to give an award to the group of strangers who have affected me the least, it would probably go to Fall Out Boy. If they get to #2 of the whatever chart, good on them.

Honestly, I'm glad Fall Out Boy absorbed that coveted spot or whatever. Wouldn't it be ten times worse if your favorite not-so-well known band suddenly debuted at #2, wouldn't you sorta freak out? Isn't that how indie bands turn mainstream, develop e-hate clubs, and generally turn from a good band with profound lyrics to a dime-a-dozen producer group with lyrics they didn't write? You guys should be patting Fall Out Boy on the back. They're doing exactly what they're supposed to do to keep the music scene running as smoothly as possible.

Banish
Jan 26, 2007, 07:15 PM
Fall Out Boy just REEKS!

Leviathan
Jan 26, 2007, 07:34 PM
i dont like fall out boy.

girls at my school are like this: "OMG, PETE WENTZ IS SO HAWT!!!!!11!!"
<<eww i dont like pete wentz at all.>>

they are terrible when theyre live too.
it actually makes me a little sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

in the video didnt they make fun of Avenged Sevenfold or was it Slash from Guns &Roses?

DizzyDi
Jan 26, 2007, 07:41 PM
fall out boy needs to fall out.
LLOLOLOLOL, GET IT?
I got millions of 'em.

Jehosaphaty
Jan 26, 2007, 07:47 PM
Coffee for the win!

DonRoyale
Jan 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
On 2007-01-26 16:34, Leviatha wrote:

in the video didnt they make fun of Avenged Sevenfold or was it Slash from Guns &Roses?

It was a tribute or something. However, it wasn't an insult, that's all I know...>.>

Rasputin
Jan 27, 2007, 02:50 AM
On 2007-01-26 16:34, Leviatha wrote:
i dont like fall out boy.

girls at my school are like this: "OMG, PETE WENTZ IS SO HAWT!!!!!11!!"
<<eww i dont like pete wentz at all.>>

they are terrible when theyre live too.
it actually makes me a little sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Looks like Fallout Boy made fun of Avenged Sevenfold who ripped that scene from November Rain by GNR.(A major plus to Fallout Boy, but not enough to recover from -10000000000000000000000 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

ShadowDragon28
Jan 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
No offense to Fall Out Boy fans... I'm sick of their songs. I've heard far better bands in other venues.

And I am so sick of these fucking shitty Emo rock bands now over-played on the radio.

I barely listen to what *was* my fav radio station for *many years* since I was but a whee toddler (KROQ 106.7 FM) But now 90% of their playlist is fucking crappy Emo Rock!!

Now I listen to Indie 103.1 FM.
103.1 FM FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-01-27 02:24 ]</font>

Anubis_
Jan 27, 2007, 06:27 AM
I love fallout boy..

sweee!!!!

And the sad part about it is im not just saying it to be an outsider.. I fucking hate outsiders..

I mean I actualy bought there last album and listened to it to death.. I loved it to death.. You here me..

I'm such a geek kill me now.. : )

PJ
Jan 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
Damnation Anubis, I wanted to say, "I Love Fall Out Boy."

Seriously. As one of my best friends says, I seem to have a man crush on them. They're always fun to listen to. Although I think Carpel Tunnel of Love is better than this song, it's still an awesome song (With a video that I think is hilarious)

On 2007-01-26 15:11, SereneShadows wrote:
Still, it beat shit like Akon's "I Wanna Love You" and "Smack That", Fergie's "Fergalicious", and various other great tracks.

Dude. Any song by ANYBODY beats ANYTHING Fergie does. She was ok with the Black Eyed Peas... kind of.

Schubalts
Jan 27, 2007, 02:03 PM
Am I the only person who has no idea who the hell these people are?

CupOfCoffee
Jan 27, 2007, 02:05 PM
Probably.