PDA

View Full Version : Sony/Nintendo (Rumor)

amoralist
Nov 30, 2002, 03:57 PM
This is just a rumor. Some speculation included. From IGN boards...

http://boards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=30918839&page=1

There's more to this. There's a picture of Mario, Sonic, and Megaman. All 3 in one picture entitled the Nintendo Difference. I don't know what it is. I'll try to find it again. It's from Gaming Ages from what I hear.

And yes, I know Megaman EXE is coming to GC, Sonic has 2 games (3 if you count PSO) and 1 remake/port, and that Mario has several appearances on GC. What to make of it all, I don't know.

I'll come back and try to clear this wild speculation up.

Thanks to Phil and KingCanin for getting this to my attention.

Edit (30/11/02 4:06 EST):
Nintendo Difference: http://ga.gamesquad.net/showthread.php?s=a6ef4336255fdb50ba018f77172e25ff&threadid=5760

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amoralist on 2002-11-30 13:11 ]</font>

Jizzah
Nov 30, 2002, 05:05 PM
Don't
Believe
It

Images can be made, and I've seen more believable stories made up.

Rotis
Nov 30, 2002, 05:34 PM
Ahaha, I like that Lord Federman guy.

"The plan is so much more ambitious than a leaked Photoshop pic by inside sources. Oh, you can't even imagine."

<g>

Mazarin
Nov 30, 2002, 07:54 PM
If it were true, I'd be the happiest man alive.

Kaervek
Nov 30, 2002, 08:17 PM
I highly doubt the credibility - but you've got to admit, a "merger" between Nintendo and the Playstation brand would be downright groundbreaking. Imagine the possibilities if these two giants stopped trying to be better than the other and simply tried to be the best, together. Oh my god, I just got a chubby... O.O

Dabra
Nov 30, 2002, 10:52 PM
Holy shit! My heart is pounding. If that really happens i'm going to piss in my pants. I'M GOING TO HAVE GTA:VC ON MY GAMECUBE HAHAHAHAHAH. Hehe, i love this world.

Man this is huge news. But it doesn't stop Sony to make another console on it's own. Even thought Nintendo will get a lot richer.

Dabra
Nov 30, 2002, 10:55 PM
btw what pic?

Dabra
Nov 30, 2002, 11:00 PM
I KNOW NOW!!!

Remember back then, a month ago, Nintendo said they would be announcing something groundbraking that will please fans greatfully? Who is to say this wasn't "that"? I mean, if Nintendo does succeed, they will get rights on the Playstation, get a lod of money, and can sell back the playstation rights to Sony for mucho bucks. Not only that, but maybe even the PS2 will be in their hands. If the PSX is (technically) nintendo's, then sony's PS2 is using an emulated version of Nintendo's software (somewhat). Hahah such in deep shit.

Eum
Dec 1, 2002, 02:07 AM
I really liked the way VS_Power replied to the topic.

"not so kiddy anymore!!!!!!!!!!"

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 1, 2002, 05:30 AM
Since it's been over 10+ years since the breaking of the contract between Sony and Nintendo over the Playstation add-on (and it was Nintendo who told Sony to take a hike, as the Big N decided to cozy up with Phillips instead.. and soon ditched them as well), I doubt this is true.

Ness
Dec 1, 2002, 09:45 AM
On 2002-11-30 16:54, Mazarin wrote:
If it were true, I'd be the happiest man alive.

Amen. It seems like one of those "too good to be true" type things. But I have heard factual information a while back proving that Sony was to make a CD drive to Super NES called the Playstaion. But who borke the contract and all that, I'm not sure about.

Dabra
Dec 1, 2002, 10:18 AM
On 2002-12-01 02:30, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
Since it's been over 10+ years since the breaking of the contract between Sony and Nintendo over the Playstation add-on (and it was Nintendo who told Sony to take a hike, as the Big N decided to cozy up with Phillips instead.. and soon ditched them as well), I doubt this is true.

10+ years? Have you been smoking? I was NOT 5 y old when I got a PSX. More like 9.

Seriously, the contract was made 6 years ago, and the Statute of limitations expires when it hits 7 years. It's a smart move actually, better wait 6 years than 3 when it doubles the profits.

So basically what Nintendo did was wait 6 years untill the Playstation sales rocket (which they did), and said:

"btw, that is mine"

I love Nintendo.

amoralist
Dec 1, 2002, 10:37 AM
Could that be what Nintendo meant when they said they would win the war?

Remember, this is so far a rumor from a supposed "insider" which no one should take as a fact yet.

SorceressofTime
Dec 1, 2002, 11:11 AM
hmm, this is interesting. first square and enix merge, and now something between nintendo and sony??! hmmm, let's see what happens.

LieutenantDwAnGStick
Dec 1, 2002, 01:33 PM
a dream come true

Tsukishima-Ruriko
Dec 1, 2002, 06:02 PM
On 2002-12-01 07:18, Dabra wrote:

On 2002-12-01 02:30, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:

10+ years? Have you been smoking? I was NOT 5 y old when I got a PSX. More like 9.

Seriously, the contract was made 6 years ago, and the Statute of limitations expires when it hits 7 years. It's a smart move actually, better wait 6 years than 3 when it doubles the profits.

So basically what Nintendo did was wait 6 years untill the Playstation sales rocket (which they did), and said:

"btw, that is mine"

I love Nintendo.

What were you smoking when you wrote that?

I said it was 10+ years since Nintendo and Sony broke their contract to make the Playstation add-on for the SNES.
Did I say it was 10+ years since the Playstation game system was made? No?
That's what I thought.

Dangerous55
Dec 1, 2002, 06:16 PM
Pfft, who cares, as long as I can play Video Games I could care less. I love Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, pretty much anyone that makes video games. How can you hate them?

Rylios
Dec 1, 2002, 06:44 PM
I believe that as much as Sega making PSO for the ps2 thats all

Dabra
Dec 1, 2002, 08:32 PM
On 2002-12-01 15:02, Tsukishima-Ruriko wrote:
What were you smoking when you wrote that?

I said it was 10+ years since Nintendo and Sony broke their contract to make the Playstation add-on for the SNES.
Did I say it was 10+ years since the Playstation game system was made? No?
That's what I thought.

You have time problems. I said, with these exact words: "Seriously, the contract was made 6 years ago, and the Statute of limitations expires when it hits 7 years."

Now, If i said the contract was made 6 years ago, and you say it was shattered 10 years ago, something's wrong. Either you have been smoking when you claimed that I have, or you're just fucked up in the head.

And I can't be wrong on that contract part because the SoL says that after 7 years, it expires. Thus it can't be 10 years, otherwise this megaton conversation wouldn't exist.

RuneLateralus
Dec 1, 2002, 11:58 PM
I am seriously beginning to question all these rumors of companies merging.

First I hear it is Sega and Nintendo, then Microsoft and Sega. Somehow and somewhere, I heard Microsoft is getting both Nintendo and Sega (yeah right), then I hear it will be Sony gets those two.

Besides, it came from IGN...it lost all its credibility there (I really really really hate IGN).

amoralist
Dec 2, 2002, 08:16 PM
On 2002-12-01 20:58, RuneLateralus wrote:
I am seriously beginning to question all these rumors of companies merging.

First I hear it is Sega and Nintendo, then Microsoft and Sega. Somehow and somewhere, I heard Microsoft is getting both Nintendo and Sega (yeah right), then I hear it will be Sony gets those two.

Besides, it came from IGN...it lost all its credibility there (I really really really hate IGN).

It came from IGN forums. Someone at IGN forums saw someone post it in Gaming Ages.