PDA

View Full Version : Any Contra fans here?

Destruct05
Jan 27, 2007, 03:17 AM
im a big fan of the Contra series! ive played almost every Contra game made except for the game boy and playstation Contras (the playstation Contras being Legacy of War and C: The Contra Adventure). my favorite game in the series is Contra: Hard Corps and i dont have a least favorite yet (though i have heard bad things about both of the playstation versions). the only series that out-PWNs Contra imo is the Metal Slug series. so...anyone else feel like sharing some love for such an old-school series?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Destruct05 on 2007-01-27 10:55 ]</font>

Polly
Jan 27, 2007, 03:25 AM
Contra is right up there with some of my favorite games of all time. Hard Corps is the pinnacle for me and Shattered Soldier is right behind it. Always liked Super C more than the original Contra (though there is no love lost at all for the original cause that's where I got started), and oddball I am, I really can't stand Contra III all that much as it feels so unfinished and rushed.

And seriously, you should hit up eBay or some of Amazon's Z-shops and try to find a copy of Operation C for GameBoy. It's a great and completely overlooked gem.

Undeadpriest
Jan 27, 2007, 04:00 AM
Is it normal that i hate this series...

Sinue_v2
Jan 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
I play Hard Corps for the Genesis every so often, but I'm not really a fan. Downloaded the demo on X360 arcade, and never bothered buying the full product.

ABDUR101
Jan 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
I started on the original Contra when I was five, and I loved the series ever since. Only versions I did'nt really bother with were Gameboy and PS(PS2) releases. Might think about getting the original Contra released on LIVE sometime.

Solstis
Jan 27, 2007, 01:11 PM
Never had a PS/PS2, so I only really played the non-arcade original Contra. Mmm...

Kent
Jan 27, 2007, 01:22 PM
Contra is nice and all, but there are better side-scrolling shooters out there. >_> *points at title*

I recently downloaded the demo version of Contra on Xbox Live Arcade, and it brings back memories, all right... And it also shows how dated the game really is.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
Only played the Genesis one.

Jonty
Jan 28, 2007, 08:54 AM
I love probotector. Mmmm gameboy.

Destruct05
Jan 28, 2007, 02:48 PM
heh! glad you know bout the European version of the series! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif