PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Conspiracy, Act 2

Sekani
Jan 27, 2007, 10:20 AM
I hope whoever designed this mission drowns in a sink full of bleach.

Siertes
Jan 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
A sink full of bleach? I think they'd do much more than just drown...

P_C_A
Jan 27, 2007, 10:29 AM
but if you S rank it, you get 10 PA fragments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jan 27, 2007, 10:31 AM
O.o

10 PA Frags??? Sign me up, sir!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

EspioKaos
Jan 27, 2007, 10:32 AM
Wow. It's not that difficult is it? I mean, I failed the mission a few times before finally completing it, but I hold nothing against the design. I learned from my mistakes and then moved on. In my case, I felt a little stupid for not realizing sooner that you could only melee the rubble off of survivors. After realizing that a saber always drops from that first box, I put two and two together, and...

Shassa
Jan 27, 2007, 10:35 AM
All missions give a one-time reward of 10 PA fragments (yes, even the Vol Brothers chase from the second part of episode 1) as long as you S-rank it on difficulty A. Until the next update, that means you have to be at least level 60. Repeated S-ranks will not earn you more fragments from the same story mission.

P_C_A
Jan 27, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well then, I better tell my friend that it's a one-time only thing. He said he was gon do that run over n' over for the fragments.

RadiantLegend
Jan 27, 2007, 10:50 AM
2nd easiest 10 PA frags

Q_Anon
Jan 27, 2007, 10:57 AM
It didn't seem worth the trouble on a Force since several enemies there are tech resistant (Cog Nadd, Gohmon.) I barely did the timed rescue part with only level 25 enemies >.>.

Sinue_v2
Jan 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
I failed the mission a few times before finally completing it, but I hold nothing against the design.

I do. I don't mind challenges being, well challenging - but I do have a major problem with cheap tactics being used to artificially boost difficulty. Mind you, I'm on the PS2 version...

1. If the game slows down to half-speed, by god, so should the timer.

2. The timer should NOT continue counting down while the game loads. I don't like the fact that it counts down while there's dialouge forced on you, but whatever, I can deal with that. Losing a minuite to a minuite & a half because you have to go through loading before and after each rescue is just stupid and increadibly cheap.

I beat it on my third try - happened to notice that ALL of the enemies in that area were Ice Element, so I just memorises the shortest route to all the survivors and spammed Foi on my Wartecher. I never would have been able to complete it using melee.

Wheatpenny
Jan 27, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-01-27 09:26, Sinue_v2 wrote:

I failed the mission a few times before finally completing it, but I hold nothing against the design.

I do. I don't mind challenges being, well challenging - but I do have a major problem with cheap tactics being used to artificially boost difficulty. Mind you, I'm on the PS2 version...

1. If the game slows down to half-speed, by god, so should the timer.

2. The timer should NOT continue counting down while the game loads. I don't like the fact that it counts down while there's dialouge forced on you, but whatever, I can deal with that. Losing a minuite to a minuite & a half because you have to go through loading before and after each rescue is just stupid and increadibly cheap.

I beat it on my third try - happened to notice that ALL of the enemies in that area were Ice Element, so I just memorises the shortest route to all the survivors and spammed Foi on my Wartecher. I never would have been able to complete it using melee.

Thank God I am not the only one in this world that realizes the difference between "challenging" difficult and "frustrating" difficult. My hat off to you sir!

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 27, 2007, 02:53 PM
well, I AM a Hunter so I did mostly melee to open the boxes. problem is that I didn't have any fire weapons which I can use(I had a fire nightwalker, but Shiro is a fortefighter now, and thus, for some odd reason, can't use it). so I'm here, spamming renkai, eating up atgarides and photon charges and trying to get acquainted with the place. I eventually got it done though, but it was such a pain.

DonRoyale
Jan 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
On 2007-01-27 07:29, P_C_A wrote:
but if you S rank it, you get 10 PA fragments http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

*raises eyebrow*

XCOPY
Jan 28, 2007, 05:12 PM
Yes, whoever designed this bullshyt should get cancer, AIDs, and then get dragged to death by a pickup truck driven by rednecks from Alabama....then resurrect them so we can have them drawn in quarter, or broken on the wheel. This one story mission really has me on the verge of throwing the game disc out the window. Garbage. Sonic Team, please fire the cuntstain that came up with this crap. Better yet, get them to quit so they can't even receive unemployment. Slash the guy's tires before he leaves too.

Words cannot even accurately convey my hatred on this. See my thread for more bitching/moaning on the issue.

Wheatpenny
Jan 31, 2007, 02:44 PM
This mission is freaking horrible, lets throw some cutscenes in here to rob you of valuable time and not to mention lets have some level 37 enemies that suspicously take the same ammount of dammage as a S rank equivelant.. but I can deal with that but what pisses me off the most is that when ever I get to the 2nd part of this mission the room with the Bill de vears and the key it ALWAYS DISSCONECTS ME. EVERY SINGLE TIME and it always happens in the same room. thus causing me to have to do the whole f**king thing all over only to get disconected again in the same room, and this is true I went to do other missions the same time after the disconects and never got disconected but sure enough I get back to do this story mission and make it to the bill de vear room and POOF dissonect. This is real shity sega.. real shitty

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 9, 2007, 05:43 PM
well, you can always just do the mission on C, the monsters will die faster.

Scejntjynahl
Feb 9, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-02-09 14:43, Shiroryuu wrote:
well, you can always just do the mission on C, the monsters will die faster.

Indeed.