PDA

View Full Version : Absolutley perfect! (RANT TOPIC)

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 01:08 PM
Well turns out my launch 360 is dying a nice and slow death. It takes about 15 mins to load any game except PSU.. PSu can load anywhere from first putting it into the console to (this has happened on several occasions) 9 and 1/2 hrs of sitting on my PC, and opening and closing the tray(I can hear when it kicks in and actually works).

Anyways here's what drove me to the creation of this topic.. recently visited rooms.. I know this freezes the console, but what if I'm not paying too much attention and hit it.. Like I just did... After 3 hrs this morning of opening and closing the tray it decided to work.. I got to play the story mission and HIVe1 on A rank. I took a break for a while and decided to hit up my room and also check out this shop that claimed to hold a non existant weapon.. When I returned I remembered something that I actually needed from player shops and being in a hurry to try to train mission I, as the clutz I am, hit recently visited rooms.. Now because of SEGA's lazy BS and my own dying console, I must sit here for 9 hrs until it loads.. When it loads I won't even have time to play, like always..

This is crap, if SEGA had not been such lazy dicksmacks I wouldn't be in this extremely frustrating position..

To top it off and why I'm so p/oed, this weekend has been my only free time in a long time. It's wonderful I'm spending my quiet day opening and closing a 360 tray.

McLaughlin
Jan 27, 2007, 01:10 PM
Microsoft extended everyone's warranty by a year, so instead of sitting around fiddling with it, you ought to send it in for repairs/replacement.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 01:12 PM
Yes for one year.. I got mine on Nov. 22.. meaning my 'extended warranty' ended last year, Nov.22 2006.. Trust me man I'd have done that long ago if I could have..

I think I'm about to nanoblast http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EspioKaos
Jan 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
Don't place all the blame on SEGA. It's not their fault your 360 is crapping out, right? Why not hit up Microsoft for a free replacement. From what I understand, they recently extended free repairs and warranties to those who purchased a 360 before some time late last year. Since you have a launch console, that would make you eligible. Check into it.

EDIT: Beat to the punch. Ignore. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-01-27 10:14 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 01:15 PM
I'm not entriely blaming SEGA.. I mean I realise it's my 360's fault to begin with.. it's just I wouldn't be in this prediciment had this issue been solved.

As for the warranty, same as I mentioned above.

Though, I should indeed contact MS and make threats of account cancelation, and yadda yadda.. maybe then I can get a free replacement.

lol@aboveedit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2007-01-27 10:16 ]</font>

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
My apologies for the double post, but.. Finding a representitive that's fluent in english is gonna be like finding a rappy spawn.. No it's actually more like getting that unit to drop from those rappies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Jan 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
No, they extended the warranty to a year AFTER the first one expired. You got your 360 in '05, the first warranty expired in November of '06, and the NEW WARRANTY expires in November '07.

You can send it in.

Bobkitty
Jan 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
MY HERO!!!!!!!!!! I only had the 90 day warranty, but STILL I have another month and some left! I've been trying to get ahold of someone decent on 4myxbox, with no luck yet.. At least you've gone and clarified for me..

Greatly appreciated my frustration has definatly been lifted a fair amount.

EDIT: Called 4myxbox again, got through rather quickly. Seems there is no problems to replace it.. I just need to remember my phone number I had when I registered the console :/ I've moved like 3 times since and can't remember for the life of me ; ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bobkitty on 2007-01-27 11:00 ]</font>