PDA

View Full Version : GC: Endless Nightmare

Sedyne
Nov 30, 2002, 05:11 PM
They need to bring this damn quest back! I'm getting a little tired of HeatSword! As well I've started to swap around with my characters, and build all of them at least to very hard. Thanks to Snappls dex mag+red handgun it's quite simple task. Then i'll decide which character i'm going to get to level 200 and focus on him the rest of the game because i find myself getting bored playing the same character over and over. Anywa i wish sega brought back the Endless Nightmare so I could level 2x as fast. Boy I loved that quest in v1. >Slaps Sega

Maelkith
Nov 30, 2002, 05:58 PM
I second that! it will be harder without spreads though lol.

Barubary6
Nov 30, 2002, 06:15 PM
All four Endless Nightmare quests and all four Mop-Up Operation quests for Version 3 are completed and are on the servers right now.

I believe that Sonic Team is intentionally releasing everything slowly because they want people to keep interest in the game for as long as possible.

-- Barubary

AzureBlaze
Nov 30, 2002, 09:55 PM
The ENMs are definatly something we need. Especially if you've noticed the difference already on HeatSword, which is that you can now find rares in quests. Back on the DC, no matter how many runs you did on HS or any other quest, you'd never get evan a 'junk rare'like a varista. The best you could do would be a mat, or a high level slot.

Why they did this, I would guess is because some of those quests generated a zillion of the same enemy and the chances of it dropping it's rare would be quite high; and with the old rare structure..well...they could't have that. With the 8 grass assassins in one room on ENM 2, and all those delsabers on ENM 4, imagine the drop possibilites now.

I see your point, Barubary, but I don't like it on ST's part. It does seem something they'd do to try and 'increase the play value' or whatever, but it's a pretty lame move. I mean, if they really want to make it fun, put something new and different. Stalling on old things we've already done a zillion times is frusterating.

Strago
Dec 1, 2002, 09:58 AM
What's the dex mag + red handgun technique?

Sedyne
Dec 1, 2002, 10:51 AM
On 2002-11-30 15:15, Barubary6 wrote:
All four Endless Nightmare quests and all four Mop-Up Operation quests for Version 3 are completed and are on the servers right now.

I believe that Sonic Team is intentionally releasing everything slowly because they want people to keep interest in the game for as long as possible.

-- Barubary

=) Thanks Barubary for the confirmation. That's what I figured would happen. That's a smart move by making people to wait too so that they're cash flow keeps coming in >_<.

Sedyne
Dec 1, 2002, 10:55 AM
On 2002-12-01 06:58, Strago wrote:
What's the dex mag + red handgun technique?

it's not really a technique...more like a cheap way to level but anyway....
Snappuru-nyan-ko created a mag with 188 Dex. Which raises a any Level 1's characters ATA high enough to use a red handgun, varista, almost any ranger wep, and guilty light. she lets me barrow it and i just plow through Heat swords from lv 1 and own everything. + The varista raises ur atp to about 350 and the Red handgun to about 430...so in normal at level one my gyus are taking off 150+ with a strong hit and about 80 with a weak hit. Talk about cheap azz's =P. I made a RAcast and i barrowed a Final Impact form a friend with 1 run which took maby 10 minutes i was lv 6 after killing the dragon. It's fantastic.

MarkXIII
Dec 1, 2002, 03:22 PM
I been averaging 2-3 red boxes a HS run on vhard so i'm lickin my chops in anticipation for Nightmare 4.

PopCultureMonkey
Dec 1, 2002, 06:36 PM
Good to hear the Endless Nightmares are on their way back - But is there and news on Towards The Future? With the amount bosses are worth now, it'd be easy EXP on every turn.

StryderPSO
Dec 1, 2002, 10:32 PM
o sweet i was just reminissing bout this quest earlier today, i probably gained a good 4th of all my EXP during the ruins endless nightmare, that was soo ill. That last room is probably one of my fondest memories of PSO

Whatley
Dec 1, 2002, 11:17 PM
On 2002-12-01 15:36, PopCultureMonkey wrote:
Good to hear the Endless Nightmares are on their way back - But is there and news on Towards The Future? With the amount bosses are worth now, it'd be easy EXP on every turn.

I want the Towards the Future quest to come out too so I can get a Panzer Tail Mag for Celia.

Polenicus
Dec 2, 2002, 04:51 AM
On 2002-12-01 20:17, Whatley wrote:

On 2002-12-01 15:36, PopCultureMonkey wrote:

I want the Towards the Future quest to come out too so I can get a Panzer Tail Mag for Celia.

I hear that! it should be a requirement that ALL Hunewearls have a Panzer tail, even if only for special occasions.

rena-ko
Dec 2, 2002, 05:37 AM
hm... towards the future lost its meaning somehow, since it was some sort of a preview to the VR stages.
so maybe they're putting a similar quest out when episode3 gets in sight ^_^;