PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else dislike the fact that the story missions do

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 03:49 PM
As it stands, a lv1 can do every mission that's out without much difficulty. In fact, he'd have an easier time than a lv60. I'd think it would have been neat if there was a level requirement for each mission that had to be obtained before attempting the mission. It would have to be high enough to allow the level to be beatable and soloable at that level, while still maintaining some difficulty. This way, the player can look forward to reaching a certain level, instead of just doing all the missions all at once.

Any thoughts?

Lyrise
Jan 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
That's why you're getting story mode difficulty selection soon.

However, the PA Fragments reward only applies to A level story mission clears.

Gothica
Jan 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
Agreed. I was surprised that the missions where so easy. Maybe thats why I don't really bother with them because of the lack of challange.

AlieNxxxxxxxx
Jan 27, 2007, 03:52 PM
i like how they are so easy... I hate having to fight crap by myself for an hour just to get a noob AI's partner card.

MomoHana
Jan 27, 2007, 03:53 PM
Oooo PA Fragments.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
If You S rank the missions as a lv70 with no level cap right now you get 10 PA Fragments. Better do them now. XD

Wheatpenny
Jan 27, 2007, 03:54 PM
Missions Easy lately? What game have you been playing lol.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 03:56 PM
There's no reason to do them now. There aren't any items to spend the PA fragments on.

By the way, when you say you get 10 PA frags per mission, you're separating the two acts, right? You can get 10 for act one, and ten more for act II, right?

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-01-27 12:56, Zorafim wrote:
There's no reason to do them now. There aren't any items to spend the PA fragments on.

By the way, when you say you get 10 PA frags per mission, you're separating the two acts, right? You can get 10 for act one, and ten more for act II, right?

10 for Act 1, and another 10 for Act 2. I'm guessing "S Rank" mobs for story are level 35-37. Getting an S-Rank prize off them is fun and i'm not complaining. XD

Gonna stockpile them and max them out now so i'm ready next month when we get them.

Kura-X
Jan 27, 2007, 04:03 PM
i pity you if your playing the storysmission for any reason other than to see the story. -_-

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-01-27 13:03, Kura-X wrote:
i pity you if your playing the storysmission for any reason other than to see the story. -_-

I tried to see the story in the latest chapter and I ran out of time in Act 2 because of it. ;-;

I had to skip it all. >.<;

Solo_Wing
Jan 27, 2007, 04:12 PM
im pretty sure you can only ever get the 10 pa frag prize ONCE for S ranking a trial, whatever act it might be.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 04:14 PM
So, assuming a person was at the level cap or close to it, they could get 80 PA frags at the moment?

Sweet, easy final PAs.

Garnet_Moon
Jan 27, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-01-27 13:14, Zorafim wrote:
So, assuming a person was at the level cap or close to it, they could get 80 PA frags at the moment?

Sweet, easy final PAs.

The reward for story missions has been "adjusted" after every update they get. Whatever that means, iunno.

Solo_Wing
Jan 27, 2007, 07:00 PM
no i mean, if you are lvl 60+ and get a S on any act you will get 10 PA frags, but will NOT get more thereafter on any act. the 10 PA prize is a once only thing from what i have heard.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
What you're saying is that, once you do any mission on S rank and perfect it, you will get 10 PA frags. Then, upon doing any other mission and perfecting it, you get no PA fragments at all?

Ether
Jan 27, 2007, 07:03 PM
You get 10 fragments for the first time you S-Rank a trial and are level 60 or higher. This has not changed

You used to get 1 fragment for every time you S-Ranked it afterwards, but this has been removed because people were spamming it (chapter 2, act 2) to get tons of fragments

mariwan
Jan 27, 2007, 07:10 PM
How sad...instead of caring about the story its more about the PA frags...If that was the case then there shouldnt even be a online story mode in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 07:15 PM
Actually, I'm not even high enough to get PA fragments. I do indeed do it for the story. I just wish I couldn't do them all at lv1.

Palefire
Jan 27, 2007, 07:49 PM
What I really hate more is the timed ones. G_d, those are frakking annoying. Whoever thought fishing out six hostages in the middle of a labyrinth in less than 20 minutes was a good idea needs to be dragged out in the street and shot to serve as a warning to others.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
One surviver every 2.5 minutes is not an easy task, even on B rank. Beyond that, the system they used for that particular mission was odd, meaning that we'd need time to figure out what to do.
At least it's as easy to S rank as it is to complete.