PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Use a VGA Cable?

Tavia
Nov 30, 2002, 06:13 PM
I was wondering if PSO is compatible with VGA cables. Although the TV which I own is fine for playing videogames on, it would be nice to play PSO on a computer monitor. I believe that only certain GameCube games work with the VGA cables that are on the market. Since none of those VGA cables are officially supported, however, there's no one I can ask aside from fellow gamers, really.

Long story short, is PSO VGA adapter compatible?

Jizzah
Nov 30, 2002, 06:19 PM
I know someone who uses a VGA to play PSO GC. He does complain about it going out when he plays for long periods of time.

I don't know which brand he has either.

Tavia
Nov 30, 2002, 06:59 PM
Any good news is good news. Thanks.

SuperSubZero
Dec 1, 2002, 02:32 PM
Since the GC doesn't have a real "VGA mode" any game should work, since it just acts like it's sending to a television. It's not like the Dreamcast which had an actual VGA mode it could use if the game supported it.

Aside from the Dreamcast VGA, I've never been crazy about VGA converters. The quality never seems to look as good as a TV.

MajinSSJVegetto
Dec 1, 2002, 07:14 PM
The gamecube does have a VGA mode. Its "progressive scan mode".

You have to hold B on the first controller when the GCN is turning on to go into it. It only gives you the option if the correct VGA adapter is attached.

I made the VGA adapter last week, but it broke. I had it working for a short time, but with no blue. Just red and green.

When I went back to fix it, the copper traces fell off, and I couldn't fix it.

It did look awsome though, as I was playing SSBM with it where there was little blue (sept the sky) so it looked awsome.

I can't wait to get it working again.