PDA

View Full Version : This is a "Beat myself up" thread. Or Force is hard II.

Almalexia
Jan 28, 2007, 09:07 AM
Please please NO TALKS ABOUT RANGERS, HUNTERS, FORCES, ETC HAVING IT HARDER/BETTER THAN EACH OTHER.

And keep QUALMS ABOUT ELEMENTAL WEAPONS OUT THIS THREAD. This thread is about my horrible experiences as a force. . .

I spent a lot of time lvling up my buffs, you know I'm -at that time- was pretty determined to be a force. And I managed to get the targetting down, but the one thing that gets me is these factors:

LAG - cancels out weapon switchs ><!!!!
LAG II - I have to wait for technics to load up on my pallete -.-

Button placement is off on the PC version. I find myself casting the wrong technics instead of the intended one. Buffs is another matter, I just can't be arsed to round everyone up to cast on them, I get this wierd feeling that they wont, so I try to position myself in the field amongst the fighting so I can catch them all(doesn't work out sometimes).

A real hard one here - boss fights, and this is where I know I can't be a force. Let me say that I pissed a lot of people off -.-...... I died twice, (10 scapes) and people were spamming mates everywhere. My resta range wasn't great, I had to get up close and personal with De Ragans' legs to get to them. One guy died because I wasn't paying attention.

Well, one of them tried to be cheerful and was like "Thank you for at least trying". Now I believe, being a melee player, that you shouldn't have to use too many mates around one, so I was ok with the healing. They knew to run to me if they needed a cure. Actually, it would make it easier if more did this, but yea.

And all the games available were give finder. Soloing is annoying so I sucked it up. Well I'm going to hang up my rods and wands, swinging swords and spinning daggers is my place. Only reason I did it was out of inspiration. My friend Faith who don't play anymore. I wanted to be a good one like her.

DizzyDi
Jan 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
What level are you?
Things will get much easier as time goes on. Thats usually how magic users are in Online RPGs. They suck at first but at higher levels they pretty much own everything in site. So if you wanna be a FO that much, stick with it and it'll pay off.

xxTrystanxx
Jan 28, 2007, 05:55 PM
Things weren't any different on PSO. At low levels (especially if you're like me and didn't have the luxury of having another char to hand down techs and items) your healing and boosts were short-lived, and short-ranged. But once you got decent enough items/techs you did OK.

That being said, it DOES take skill on the player's part. From the way you explained it, it's not you're a bad FO, you were just limited by your character. If you were off trying to destroy the boss and totally not assisting your teammates, I and others would probably have been more likely to say you're a bad FO.

Almalexia
Jan 29, 2007, 10:00 AM
Human desire is hard to resist even for human will.

My force is lvl10 btw. . .

navci
Jan 31, 2007, 06:56 PM
Well. When I first switched over to FO I didn't believe I can do it. But ya know what, you all need to play with Ryna. He makes me wanna make a Fortetecher now.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jan 31, 2007, 07:12 PM
Most of my Pso characters are Forces. Hard at first, but they are quite strong with techs. Most enemies in Ulti are no problem, cept for 2+ Gran Sorcers and Insain Belras. Ulti worm and Vol Op vers 2 takes ages to beat.

Nidramag
Jan 31, 2007, 08:12 PM
force...ahh, the tough times I had.
dying..
dying.
dying.
yay i beat forest
level 10
*dies again*
died.
level 20
K
level 25, masters melee forcing w/ powerful techs
I
level 30 HARD MODE
Nidra level 200, red box mag!
C
level 40
K
level 45~V.HARD
I
level 50
N
ultimate mode gained!!!
G
level 80
A
level 90
first red box http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
S
level 100 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
S
level 120
!
and still kicking ass today http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nidramag on 2007-01-31 17:14 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 1, 2007, 06:06 AM
On 2007-01-31 16:12, Aisha_Clan-Clan wrote:
Most of my Pso characters are Forces. Hard at first, but they are quite strong with techs. Most enemies in Ulti are no problem, cept for 2+ Gran Sorcers and Insain Belras. Ulti worm and Vol Op vers 2 takes ages to beat.

gizonde takes out gran sorc's bits -> harmless.
belras are only difficult if you move -> forces usually dont move when casting -> harmless
dal ra lie -> multiple hitpoints, gizonde or rafoie spam -> harmless
vol opt v2 -> strong, always on melee range and 1HK attacks for forces, so that may be the only tricky boss for a fonl online.

besides this, playing a force isnt tough, it just needs a bit of discipline - yours and your teammates.

prepare shortcuts:
-"gather for buffs" -> be consequent to not buff people that dont make an attempt to get their butts over to you.
-"use mates!" -> be consequent to not run up to any straying idiot.

make sure you tag stuff. preferably with debuffs.

decide for yourself what you wanna be: full attack, full support, a mixture of both. state that when entering the game.

Almalexia
Feb 1, 2007, 10:27 AM
I'm talking about PSU lol. Being a FO in PSO is incredibly easy. For one thing, auto-targetting applies to techs in PSO.

I'm going to attempt this again.

Almalexia
Feb 5, 2007, 12:05 PM
OK here's a update. I've gotten very used to being a force now. the only things that make this job harder than it should be is lag and casting time. By the time I get off a ra-tech, the intended group of monsters is usually dead. Techs taking forever to lvl up sucks too. But I like it, way more attentive than my main class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almalexia on 2007-02-05 09:05 ]</font>