PDA

View Full Version : Secret of the: RUINS CRYSTALS!

BlazingTiger
Nov 30, 2002, 07:14 PM
It is a mystery and a shame. I have played RPG's since before the arrival of the original Zelda and Phantasy Star but have never seen a mystery so perplexing. If your real life IQ is higher than 135, then perhaps you can solve the mystery of the: RUINS CRYSTALS! I know programing and I have read the minds of RPG programmers to uncover many secrets. This is a topic that has been many times over looked and now is the time we find some answers. The RUINS CRYSTALS is a link to solving the mystery of Rico. Since v1, no one has solved this mystery. The "UR A ENDING" final ending also suggests that there is more to the game than we thought. With episode 2, we see the tradition continued with downloadable quests now included in the game. There is a mystery to be solved. The "UR A ENDING" final ending shows Rico alive and confronting her Dad. We also see the temple shots from the Episode 2 training simulations and more clues. The crystals in the ruins are one of the untapped secrets of the game. There is a way to unlock the secrets of the crystals and to activate them, but how? We know that by tapping the monuments, that we access the Ruins stage. We can follow that same patter to conclude that the crystals can be activated as well (one of the quests suggest that theory also). Perhaps reading ALL of Rico's messages from every room will help unlock something. Is there one message that still remains hidden? When you defeate Kireek, we see evidience that the quest has not been completed. Where are the survivors? NO ONE HAS SOLVED THE MYSTERY! This game was designed for us to build forums and discuss topics like this. Only together can we solve the mystery. Please do not ignore this. Please reply...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-11-30 16:31 ]</font>

Vejita
Nov 30, 2002, 07:18 PM
you could be right.that would be so awesome if it was true it would make my day, or make my year ha.which quest suggests the crystal tapping theory?reading all the capsules?wow that would be really hard.the only thing i could think of doing would be after you read it, drop an item by it as to "mark" that you've read it.But you could still always miss one.I really hope youre right but you never know.

Coran_Horn
Nov 30, 2002, 07:20 PM
I think you're thinking about this too hard. There probably isn't any point to them besides decoration. Who knows though, maybe there will be a quest later and I'll be proved wrong http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vejita
Nov 30, 2002, 07:21 PM
Or maybe you have to hit/shoot each crystal with every red weapon.ha that just came to my head but it's way too outlandish

Ian D
Nov 30, 2002, 07:39 PM
This reminds me of the Triforce rumors that were around when Ocarina of Time was new.

Vejita
Nov 30, 2002, 07:42 PM
ya thats what i was thinking of, when you supposedly had to bomb each time stone thing

Codester
Nov 30, 2002, 09:19 PM
Sound a little bit unlikely, but Its possible. With downloadable quests, there are tons of possibilities as to how they could expand the story. And we still don't have any quest for episode 2 yet. I guess time will tell...

Kupi
Nov 30, 2002, 10:16 PM
Dark Falz was sealed in the ship. Those crystals are what seals DF in the ship. The computer in From The Depths was tampering with it. Hence the earthquakes: Dark Falz is attempting to get free when it senses the seal weakening as the computer tampered with it. Mystery solved. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Blenjar
Nov 30, 2002, 10:44 PM
.............wow MY EYES HURTS....didn't feel like reading it, 2 much letters, anyway I saw something about red ring coming back or something, nm I got nth to say since I didn't read it, make a 1 paragraph of that 39 page story you did., plz do not ignore this post reply author.

Blenjar
Nov 30, 2002, 10:46 PM
.............wow MY EYES HURTS....didn't feel like reading it, 2 much letters, anyway I saw something about red ring coming back or something, nm I got nth to say since I didn't read it, make a 1 paragraph of that 39 page story you did., plz do not ignore this post reply author.

Blenjar
Nov 30, 2002, 10:47 PM
aww, sorry, the server had problem and I accidently post again, sorry, not my fault it psow fault, 2 many people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2002-11-30 19:50 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Nov 30, 2002, 10:58 PM
MYSTERY NOT SOLVED! "URAENDING", remeber that clue from the magazine from the DC version. That particular ending shows Red Rico ALIVE about to battle her Dad "Terell." Explain that? There are other endings that we can achieve by solving the ENTIRE mystery. Elysion (sword) gives us a clue about the crystals, but what? If you played the previous Phantasy Star games, you would remember Elysion. There may be a way to find Rico or heck, beat the game with her or with her by your side. The reason why this mystery has not been solved is because we overlook it. We go about our bussiness finding new ways of obtaining weapons or leveling up while the programers at Sonic Team are laughing thier heads off! Some of the missions are incomplete and unfinished. Perhaps the secrets lie in the missions or reading ALL of Rico's messages (even the one behind the waterfall).

LM
Nov 30, 2002, 11:16 PM
Possibly, if you beat Ult. mode in Ep. 1 and 2, offline, you get an ending.

Atax
Nov 30, 2002, 11:17 PM
I reakon that rico is shown alive, because you save her from falz in difficulty settings hard through to falz, where she flies out of him after you have defeated him (though in normal mode you kill her, making her ring disappear).

My theory about falz's hand rising out of the monument at the end of the credits, suggests that when you defeat falz, you don't actually kill him but seal him back in the monument. This can be backed up by the fact that the concept of death doesn't apply to falz, as he is a god.

Vejita
Dec 1, 2002, 01:05 AM
ya, Falz is a god, he's the god of destruction.
and really if you actually saved Rico, the game would end and you could never fight Falz again, b/c he would have no body to host in order to reincarnate.

Kenks23
Dec 1, 2002, 11:16 AM
On 2002-11-30 22:05, Vejita wrote:
ya, Falz is a god, he's the god of destruction.
and really if you actually saved Rico, the game would end and you could never fight Falz again, b/c he would have no body to host in order to reincarnate.

Truedat.

I completely agree with the fact that Falz is sealed, since he is a God.

I also think that there still is more to uncover with the crystals in the ruins. There's probably some significance. I don't see the point of having them for decoration personally. It's not random enough, imo.

Ghen
Dec 1, 2002, 12:07 PM
If you've played any of the previous Phantasy Stars, you'd know that Falz isn't ever referred to as a god. He's more aptly described as the amalgam of evil and hatred coalesced into a physical form.

On second thought, I do think there is one or two mentions of him being a god, but I'm too lazy to look them up. Generally speaking, they do refer to him as more of a force of evil though. ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghen on 2002-12-01 09:35 ]</font>

Blenjar
Dec 1, 2002, 12:42 PM
Nice story, your quit right, you my be right.

True.....true....

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 1, 2002, 01:31 PM
Check out www.camineet.net for theories about the seals. Also, they believe Dark Falz is not a god, merely avatars of the god, hence why Dark Falz is encountered in every PSO game.

Kupi
Dec 1, 2002, 02:24 PM
Dark Falz is a piece of the Profound Darkness. PD was sealed away by the Great Light, and the seal weakens every 1000 years, hence the appearance of another Dark Falz. The more evil force from PD that slips out, the bigger a Dark Falz you get. Apparently someone caught and sealed a Dark Falz in a ship and sent it off into the depth of space instead of getting rid of it. O_o

Yes, you can kill Dark Falz. However, you'll always get another one so long as the Profound Darkness is still around (which it is until Phantasy Star 4).

Polenicus
Dec 1, 2002, 04:07 PM
Actually, since that theory on Dark Falz was posted, we've gotten some new info, thanks to Episode II and good ol' Flowen.

First up, the theory of the date of PSO being 3084 AUW is damn near dead on, since the date on one of the Flowen's Sword replicas is 3084, I believe. Since the ORIGINAL belonged to Flowen, the copies must be relatively recent.

Second, we can now with assurance say that Pioneer 1 & 2 did NOT come from Algol, since we now have a name for their homeworld: Coral. We also know what caused the need for exodus: Environmental catastrophe.

I think we can enter the assumption that the Ruins are from Algol. The symbology present and the fact the ship carries Dark Falz bears that out.

Lets enter the other assumptions of the Theory in: Namely that the Ruins are a spare Parman worldship that came from Algol, that Rune himself sealed this Dark Falz, using a miniature version of the Algol system seal on the Profound Darkness, and that because he needed to stand on the world the ship was laid to rest on, a habitable planet was picked. that nicely ties up most of the riddles concerning Dark Falz and the Ruins.

But what about the Pioneers?

We know now that they DIDN'T come from Algol OR Earth, but from Coral. HOWEVER, the presence of techniques, meseta and newmans indicates a link to Algol. Also, episode II seems to bear out that the scientists who came to Ragol KNEW Dark Falz was there before Pioneer 1 was even launched.

Okay, let's put this idea forward: Somtime AFTER PS IV, another wave of colony ships was launched. Perhaps, after so many millenia of being jerked around, by Dark Falz, Earthmen and such, they decided the Parmans had the right idea, and bailed. Given we have 800 odd years to play with, that gives enough time to set up the colony of Coral, and for the memory of Algol to fade. That also explains the lack of Dezorians or Motavians... they're simply not suited to a world that humans would pick as a colony. However, Newmans WOULD come along.

However, it's not like the Americans or Canadians have forgotten their British or French roots... so why does this whole 'packing up and moving' thing seem so new to them?

Well, first off the government of Coral doesn't seem above manipulating the population. We get whiffs of a great deal of rotten-ness in the Pioneer Project and the government. For any government to be screwing around with something like Dark Falz when their planet's ecology is crumbling is sheer madness.

So let's assume the government of Coral severed all links to Algol, essentially wiping Algol from the history books. After 800 years, the original homeworld would only be a legend, a myth.

Of course, the government itself would keep perfect records of everything, INCLUDING the last Dark Falz being sealed on a ship and dropped on the world of Ragol. Unfortunately, they seem to have forgotten just how terrible Dark Falz really IS, but that's a pretty standard screw up for Phantasy Star scientists. so when their probes discovered the world where Dark Falz was sealed, the scientists decided they HAD to go there. They of course had the records which told them EXACTLY where the Parman worldship was buried, and what was inside.

There's another implication here: That Ragol is relatively close to the Algol star system. Which means, interestingly enough, the next stop Pioneer 2 may make in its search for a homeworld could very well be Algol itself.

Vejita
Dec 1, 2002, 04:08 PM
On 2002-12-01 11:24, Kupi wrote:
Dark Falz is a piece of the Profound Darkness. PD was sealed away by the Great Light, and the seal weakens every 1000 years, hence the appearance of another Dark Falz. The more evil force from PD that slips out, the bigger a Dark Falz you get. Apparently someone caught and sealed a Dark Falz in a ship and sent it off into the depth of space instead of getting rid of it. O_o

Yes, you can kill Dark Falz. However, you'll always get another one so long as the Profound Darkness is still around (which it is until Phantasy Star 4).

Ya, that refers back to the whole MUUT DITS POUMN thing with the pillar seals.it had the whole "darkness exists with light, one cannot exist without the other, seal the darkness muut dits poumn."

Vejita
Dec 1, 2002, 04:14 PM
G'damn Polenicus!!!!
wow that's a really awesome theory and i have only played about halfway thru PS4 so far but wow that sounds really good to me

Polenicus
Dec 1, 2002, 07:16 PM
On 2002-12-01 13:08, Vejita wrote:

Ya, that refers back to the whole MUUT DITS POUMN thing with the pillar seals.it had the whole "darkness exists with light, one cannot exist without the other, seal the darkness muut dits poumn."

Which brings us to a problematic situation: THIS Dark Falz, on Ragol, is alive WELL after the Profound Darkness was destroyed.

Which means, most likely, that Dark Falz can exist separate from the Profound Darkness. There are a couple of possibilities here, none of which are good for the Coralians:

1. Whatever blackness that spawned the Profound Darkness spawned this Dark Falz. In fact, the Profound Darkness was just and extremely evolved and powerful Dark Falz, which spawned off 'children' of its own. The light still exists, and therefore so must the darkness. The intelligence driving the darkness may have been destroyed, but that doesn't mean another can't arise, gather power, and become a new Profound Darkness.

2. This Dark Falz was spawned by the Profound Darkness, but wasn't discovered until the Elysion shattered, leaving no real way to kill it.

Either way, this Dark Falz appeared AFTER the Profound Darkness bit the big one. So it was sealed and dropped on Ragol to rot.

Now THIS Dark Falz is behaving a bit differently. Notice its obsession with evolving? It's not just trying to destroy, snuff out the light, whatever, it's trying to grow into something NASTIER. It ate up Pioneer 1, assimilated the strongest animals on Ragol, gobbled down a huge Hunter party from Pioneer 2, and is STILL hungry. And if anything, Olga Flow is a pretty strong indicator that Dark Falz WASN'T killed in the Ruins. We just smushed his corporeal body. It seems Falz can control ANY being infected with the D-cells.

I personally think that the Dark Falz on Ragol is trying to become a new Profound Darkness. It knows it's the last of the Dark Entities. It also knows that the true Elysion is gone, so any REAL threat of being killed is gone (Unless someone figures out how to whip up a new weapon to do the job. I think Montague is on the right track with his Photon research)

Let's face it, the only reason our characters made it through the Ruins to Falz, considering he seems to be able to disappear people from a distance, is he wanted to test his new form on us. It failed miserably, of course, but by that point he was too weak, so he gave up and released Rico (It's possible she was also fighting him from the inside)

Right now, Falz is WINNING. He has all the raw materials he needs to make a new body, he's in no danger of dying, he has powerful hunters like us to test the new forms against, and when he wants it, there's a whole ship of people in orbit for him to gobble down. Worse yet, if he gets aboard Pioneer 2, he will have a way to return to Algol and exact revenge.

I'm going to be very interested to see how all of this is resolved in Episode III & VI. Because right now we are in a very, very bad place.

Al-Rappy
Dec 1, 2002, 08:06 PM
Wow Polenicus! I like your theories. I agree with them and now you've made me want to see the end to all of this even more! Sonic Team had better make Episodes III & IV!!!

War_Child
Dec 1, 2002, 09:02 PM
holy crap. That has to be the best, most on the dot sense making theories I have ever heard. Ever. You should make a site dedicated to these theories http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Or have PSOW make a section about it. Honestly.

Polenicus
Dec 1, 2002, 11:54 PM
On 2002-12-01 13:08, Vejita wrote:

Which brings us to a problematic situation: THIS Dark Falz, on Ragol, is alive WELL after the Profound Darkness was destroyed.

Which means, most likely, that Dark Falz can exist separate from the Profound Darkness. There are a couple of possibilities here, none of which are good for the Coralians:

1. Whatever blackness that spawned the Profound Darkness spawned this Dark Falz. In fact, the Profound Darkness was just and extremely evolved and powerful Dark Falz, which spawned off 'children' of its own. The light still exists, and therefore so must the darkness. The intelligence driving the darkness may have been destroyed, but that doesn't mean another can't arise, gather power, and become a new Profound Darkness.

2. This Dark Falz was spawned by the Profound Darkness, but wasn't discovered until the Elysion shattered, leaving no real way to kill it.

Either way, this Dark Falz appeared AFTER the Profound Darkness bit the big one. So it was sealed and dropped on Ragol to rot.

Now THIS Dark Falz is behaving a bit differently. Notice its obsession with evolving? It's not just trying to destroy, snuff out the light, whatever, it's trying to grow into something NASTIER. It ate up Pioneer 1, assimilated the strongest animals on Ragol, gobbled down a huge Hunter party from Pioneer 2, and is STILL hungry. And if anything, Olga Flow is a pretty strong indicator that Dark Falz WASN'T killed in the Ruins. We just smushed his corporeal body. It seems Falz can control ANY being infected with the D-cells.

I personally think that the Dark Falz on Ragol is trying to become a new Profound Darkness. It knows it's the last of the Dark Entities. It also knows that the true Elysion is gone, so any REAL threat of being killed is gone (Unless someone figures out how to whip up a new weapon to do the job. I think Montague is on the right track with his Photon research)

Let's face it, the only reason our characters made it through the Ruins to Falz, considering he seems to be able to disappear people from a distance, is he wanted to test his new form on us. It failed miserably, of course, but by that point he was too weak, so he gave up and released Rico (It's possible she was also fighting him from the inside)

Right now, Falz is WINNING. He has all the raw materials he needs to make a new body, he's in no danger of dying, he has powerful hunters like us to test the new forms against, and when he wants it, there's a whole ship of people in orbit for him to gobble down. Worse yet, if he gets aboard Pioneer 2, he will have a way to return to Algol and exact revenge.

I'm going to be very interested to see how all of this is resolved in Episode III & VI. Because right now we are in a very, very bad place.

Vejita
Dec 2, 2002, 12:15 AM
gahhhhhhhhhh lee dude.that sounds so perfect and exact and everything.you should mail that to ST and make them make epIII and IV based on that so they won't make screw up the plot.ha.that's awesome.

BlazingTiger
Dec 2, 2002, 12:54 AM
About Ragol and Agol... There is a connection between these two systems. Not only are many of the items and weapons the same(Dimate, Scape dolls, Lacanium weapons) but the planets show simularities. If you remember the title screen on v1, you will see two planets, one that resembles Motavia (dessert planet) and Dezo or Dezoris (Ice planet). You will also notice that this current planet resembles Palma (planet quite like earth). Remember the ancient book used by forces on v1 and v2 "Prophet of Motav" or MOTAVIA. There is a link there. Could Pioneer1&2 be linked to the same humans that created mother brain and watched over Motavia in a massive ship (Phantasy Star 2)? Sounds like they are linked. The ruins is a ship, a massive spaceship. Could this be the remains of the "human" spaceship in (PS 2)? When exactly is this story taking place, before PS 4 or after? Remember that a crystal had to be used to defeat Lassic and Dark Falz in PS (the original). Could these crystals be link some how with those?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-01 22:04 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Dec 2, 2002, 01:19 AM
To add... Remember Dark Faltz possesed The Govenor. Remember Lassic who was once a good ruler was overcome by this evil that was introduced by "a new religion" from a distant galaxy (PS 1 the original). Dark Faltz takes many forms. He was the evil behind the "mother brain" experiment that the Motavians thrived off of, only to find out that mother brain was created by humans. The humans may have been the ones that introduced this "new religion" to the people of Algol in PS 1. These people from Corel are HUMANS! Humar (hunter/human). The Newman Hunter looks like Nie from Phantasy Star 2. There is a connection...

By the way, check out these pics and know that there is MORE to this game than we thought...

http://www.camineet.net/psoimages/page4.shtml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-01 22:23 ]</font>

Polenicus
Dec 2, 2002, 04:11 AM
On 2002-12-01 22:19, BlazingTiger wrote:
To add... Remember Dark Faltz possesed The Govenor. Remember Lassic who was once a good ruler was overcome by this evil that was introduced by "a new religion" from a distant galaxy (PS 1 the original). Dark Faltz takes many forms. He was the evil behind the "mother brain" experiment that the Motavians thrived off of, only to find out that mother brain was created by humans. The humans may have been the ones that introduced this "new religion" to the people of Algol in PS 1. These people from Corel are HUMANS! Humar (hunter/human). The Newman Hunter looks like Nie from Phantasy Star 2. There is a connection...

By the way, check out these pics and know that there is MORE to this game than we thought...

http://www.camineet.net/psoimages/page4.shtml

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-01 22:23 ]</font>

Yes, but Parmans are ALSO humans, just the humans who are native to the Algol star system.

There is an argument for the Coralians being from Earth, not Ragol. Earth humans introduced both Newmans and climate control to Motavia. However... there simply aren't any links between the Humans on Pioneer 1&2 and Earth, while there are literally dozens of references we can trace back to Algol. Plus there's the presence of meseta, techniques, etc. that the Earthmen DIDN'T use. also, the year system used by the Coralians dovetails neatly with the Algol calendar, wheras it doesn't make sense when compared to the human one. So the Coralians are already 2 time colonists. it's also obvious from the doctor's comments about dying with their world that the majority of the populace doesn't KNOW this.

It's entirely possible the Ruins on Ragol are from the human ship Noah. HOWEVER, that brings up the difficulty of the seal: MUTT DIS POUMN. This seal is essentially a smaller version of the one that the Algol star system itself was (Motavia, Parma, Dezoria). However, NO ONE knew about this seal until Phantasy Star IV, not even Rune, who had been around since PS 1. no one had the knowledge to MAKE a seal like that until AFTER PS IV. This indicates that the SEAL, at least, is post-PS IV.

I think it's safe to assume that the Coralians are from the Algol star system. They had incentive to leave Algol (Motavia was rapidly reverting to its natural desert state, Parma was GONE, and Dezoria is an ice cube), they had the technology (Creating the Newman Rika is an indication that they had regained all the had lost after PS II... since the pinnacle of scientific achievement then was the creation of Nei, the first Newman) and basically all their ancestral ties were gone (Their homeworld was now an asteroid belt).

Where the Ruins came from is another story. We can safely say the SEAL is from Algol... the three symbols on the door sealing the ruins are identical to the symbol worn by Rune in PS IV... the symbol of the Algol Espers. Whether the Ruins are a Parman Worldship or Noah is unknown... Rolf and his gang most likely wiped out the Earthmen aboard the Noah, or Algol wouldn't have existed for a PS IV to be made... but it's possible a Dark Falz was left aboard and the ship was simply abandoned, rather than destroyed. After the Noah was left to drift for a few millenia, Rune or some other Esper discovered it, and likely in a titanic battle managed to seal Dark Falz inside. Its probable that the grave marker and coffin you see just before you fight Falz belongs to whoever the Esper is who sealed Falz. Its entirely possible he was lain to rest there as a last ditch seal against Falz, one that finally fails shortly before Pioneer 2 arrives (We already know Pioneer 1 cracked open the seal on the Ruins well before Dark Falz decided to claim every soul on the planet).

There's another point that should be noted: In the Quest 'Soul of Steel', if you get the 'true' ending, Montague notes that the abnormal photons Ult (and Eleanor!) are reacting with are coming from the RUNES, something he didn't add into his calculations (which is why all the simulations were off). This means the androids were reacting as much to the runes on the crystals as Dark Falz's energy. I think it's likely that singular event gave ol' Monty the key to destroying Falz... or at least making weapons that could do the job. The photons of the runes that seal Dark Falz.

Elusive_Llama
Dec 2, 2002, 09:25 AM
Prime, you make me wish I had played the Phantasy Stars before getting into Phantasy Star Online. I know next to nothing about the backstory of the game and I'm already loving it. Know any good sites with tons of info on the Phantasy Star storyline?

BlazingTiger
Dec 2, 2002, 11:09 AM
Polenicus, you are on point on a lot of things. Rarely have I found one as educated about the Phantasy Star Universe as yourself. I hope that others come forth to help solve these mysteries...

I will begin doing research on each quest in hopes to find untapped clues. A lot of the quests are incomplete. We must begin adding our findings together if we are to solve these mysteries. No clue is too small...

As for Phantasy Star and it's history, visit this site...

http://www.phantasy-star.net

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-02 08:14 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Dec 2, 2002, 12:31 PM
Thanks Tiger, that site is grrrreat.

(sorry, couldn't resist ;p)

MightyMule
Dec 2, 2002, 12:35 PM
wow...I am going to have to go and re-read all the history on the previous games before I add to this thread.

on a smaller note, something that may be a dead end or may help out I am not sure, if you play the quest that is the sequel to Native Research (the one with the baby Hildebear). Once you get to the end and the scientist says "lets take it back" then you answer "No, not a good idea" then the hildebear disappears (sorry I am at work so I can't access specific names or locations http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ). Wander around Forest 2 for a second and you will come across the little Hildebear again. Talk to him a few times and then beside him a shiny star representing an item will appear. Now I have not done this quest on ultimate or Vhard but on normal the item is a moon atomizer. I can not figure out in any way if this moon atomizer is special or not. This is on the DC versions and on the GCN version. If you guys can figure out the signifigance of this then who knows it may lead somewhere. I have also posted this on several boards before but I have never gotten an answer. If anyone is going to figure it out it will be u guys.

BlazingTiger
Dec 2, 2002, 06:50 PM
That is a good discovery! I'm glad the wheels on our heads are turning. I will remember that. I never took notice of that before...

I am about to seriously digress through the quests, especialy Bernies sub stories. I think most people over looked them because they wanted the Soul Eater...

HUcastAndroid888
Dec 2, 2002, 08:37 PM
Perhaps the reason Dark Falz is evolving so slowly is because he must maintain his presence. He must fight the seal, otherwise he can not materialse himself on Ragol. Therefore, some of the power he got must be used to make sure the seal doesn't trap him.
Just my $0.02.

MightyMule
Dec 3, 2002, 08:32 AM
Just a thought for the quest that I mentioned. What if you have a hildebear(or maybe hildeblue....and before you make it into a weapon) head when you go to pick up the moon atominzer. I have run through the whole level (f1 and f2) trying to use the moon atominzer on every inch of land but with no luck.

RedFox
Dec 3, 2002, 09:58 AM
this probably has no bearing on the subject but the ruins crystals look a lot like giant, sorta mis-proportioned Elysion.

maybe some connection here?

http://www.camineet.net/psoimages/uraending-rico.jpg

BlazingTiger
Dec 3, 2002, 10:18 AM
On 2002-12-03 06:58, RedFox wrote:
this probably has no bearing on the subject but the ruins crystals look a lot like giant, sorta mis-proportioned Elysion.

maybe some connection here?

http://www.camineet.net/psoimages/uraending-rico.jpg

That sword was made from the crystal of Elysion. Is Rico fighting her Dad or training with him? If it was a hostile confrontation, maybe the Principal was possesed by Dark Faltz, much like the Govenor was on the first Phantasy Star. Maybe the sword Elysion is the key to sealing Dark Faltz after fighting him... or maybe we must defeate him with several weapons, droping each one at the foot of the monument?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-03 07:20 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Dec 3, 2002, 10:47 AM
PS III Spoiler. I'm only posting this to help us solve the mysteries... (PLEASE DO NOT DELETE POST)

http://www.phantasy-star.net/psiii/PS3_SeanEnd_movie2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-03 07:49 ]</font>

JordanLund
Dec 3, 2002, 04:40 PM
Since it seems so many folks are interested in the classic Phantasy Star this might be a good time to remind you all that "Phantasy Star Collection" was released for the Gameboy Advance last week... it includes PS I, II & III for the low low price of $30. I picked it up today at lunch...

It includes a fold out chart that lists all the equipment usable by all the characters in each game and a pretty good manual for PS1, although it's weak for PS2 and 3.

From the manual:

Phantasy Star I
The Story

The time: Space Century 342. The place: Camineet on Palma, one of the three planets in the Algol Solar System located deep in the Andromeda galaxy. Under the democratic rule of King Lassic, life was good as he provided everything his people could want. Space Travel had been discovered 200 years before and deep space shuttles had allowed colonization of Motavia and Dezoris, the other worlds of the Algol Solar System.

But slowly, over time, things began to change. Dark priests of a new religion, never seen by any mortal, promised immortality to all who joined. You would live forever! King Lassic was getting old. The idea of living forever appealed to him so he became the first to join. Then, he... changed. The people began to suffer and horrible creatures and monsters began to stalk all three worlds. Lassic had become an evil tyrant.

But where there is evil there is always good. Lassic's Robotcops were ruthless, ferreting out the do-gooders that meant to unseat him. One of those do-gooders was Nero. Long ago, his father had disappeared trying to learn Lassic's evil secrets. And finally the Robotcops caught up with Nero as well. Before he died, he passed on his short sword and his quest to his sister, Alis. He also told her to find a brave fighter named Odin. Alis raised the sword to the sky and vowed that Nero's death would not be in vain!

Phantasy Star II
The Story

Somewhere drifting in space is the beautiful Algo Star System. Around the parent star, Algo, whirl its three children - Palm, Mota and Dezo.

Among the planets, Mota's history is the most troubled. From far in her pas comes the legend of Alis, the courageous young woman who fiercely fought - and succeeded - in ridding Mota of the evil oppressor Lassic.

But now another tragedy oppresses Mota. This is one far worse than Lassic, being not a person, but an unknown evil! Everything is affected by it - the climate, the machinery, even nature! Strange vicious creatures infest the countrysides. They terrify and destroy! No longer does anyone venture outside a city - unless they don't want to return.

What happened to Mother Brain, the controlling entity on Mota? Why have things gone so wrong? Who is smart enough to solve the riddle? And who is brave enough to save the planet?

Phantasy Star III - Generations of Doom
The Story

Today's your big day. You're marrying Maia, the mysterious woman you found on the shores of your father's kingdom. But as you and Maia walk up the aisle, a winged dragon grabs your bride and disappears...

This is the tragic start of what seems to be a never-ending journey into a world of loathshome creatures and wicked souls. Live through three generations in this epic adventure and find out what lies behind the realm of terror. Only you determine which of the four endings you'll experience.

In the begginning you are Rhys. Gather information by talking to the people in Landen, where your father rules as king.

BlazingTiger
Dec 3, 2002, 05:27 PM
Very informative. Thanx for sharing the info. I beat all IV episodes. I believe all PSO fans should pick up a copy of Phantasy Star for the GBA. It's a must have in order to better understand it's history.

*Also, did you guys check out those picks on the front page for Phantasy Star IV! I hope they schedule a US release...

Jkid
Dec 3, 2002, 08:03 PM
Thats go to be one of the biggest secrets in video game history.

BlazingTiger
Dec 5, 2002, 01:30 PM
Another spoiler. Phantasy Star IV ending. Can we find any connections to PSO?

http://www.phantasy-star.net/psiv/PhantasyStar4ending.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-05 10:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-05 10:35 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Dec 14, 2002, 12:43 AM
I've come across a discovery. After you receive the frying pan and beat all of the quests. Go back to all of the people that gave you an emblem. They have something new to tell you. Perhaps if I beat those quests again, after I talk to those who gave me the emblems, a new weapon will be offered...

*Also on certain quests, if you go back through the telepipe after you beat the quest, there are more monsters and/or people to talk to (you can't see on the map).

Whatley
Dec 15, 2002, 01:38 AM
On 2002-12-03 05:32, MightyMule wrote:
Just a thought for the quest that I mentioned. What if you have a hildebear(or maybe hildeblue....and before you make it into a weapon) head when you go to pick up the moon atominzer. I have run through the whole level (f1 and f2) trying to use the moon atominzer on every inch of land but with no luck.

I did the quest on normal with Celia, a FOnewearl, and she had a hildebear cane equipped the whole time. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Wonder how all the hildebears felt about that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If I had known about this sooner I would have tried it out. But I still have Hard, Vhard and Ult to go through with her so I can still try it.

-------------
I just tried what you said on vhard, with Whatley my RAcast, and nothing happened. I think I got a moon atomizer because it said that my inventory was full, but I am only carrying 25 items on me and I have a stack of 10 moon atomizers.

I will try it on ult. I just hope I make it through the first quest before time runs out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Whatley on 2002-12-14 23:10 ]</font>

Whatley
Dec 15, 2002, 03:19 AM
OK, I just did the forest of Sorrow quest on ult. I told Alicia no, took the pipe up, got rid of her, then went back down. Talked to the hildebear and it disappeared. Found it again in the first spot you find it. Talked to it, got a shiny item and it was a.....

MOON ATOMIZER!!!!!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

I was hoping it would be something good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 11:26 AM
Man, Polenicus That was some pretty good stuff.

This is my theory on Falz and Olga.

In the downloadable quest "Soul of Steel", Montague says that Pioneer one's systems were maintained by 3 computers: Vol Opt Olga and Calus.

He also said that two of them were located here in the mines but one was on a distant island. We know who Vol Opt is and the Olga mystery was solved in Episode 2. In the quest "Knowing One's Heart", you learn that Calus was Elly's internet friend and that something was trying to tap into his system (Dark Falz). Elly managed to make a back-up disk with Calus on it and it runs the AI systems in Pioneer 2 in Episode 2. The Cal system Elly talks about is actually Calus from "Knowing Ones Heart"

Now lets pretend for a second that Dark Falz did get to Calus. Then he would have had complete control of Pioneer 1. Then he may have merged with all 3 systems to create a better body for himself so he could destroy the Light. But since Calus was removed from the picture and Vol Pot was destroyed, his plan was ruined. So he had to goto the next best thing and tamper with Olga. But it couldn't because Olga was already taken.

You learn that the Olga ordeal happened before the initial explosion which leads me to believe that Olga is a Brother to Dark Falz. I say this because they both had similar powers (mutation, AI Altering, absorbtion). I think the Profound Darkness gave birth to both Olga Flow and Dark Falz. They would both become as powerful as he was if they grew properly, but to grow properly they would need to absorb a human. That explains why Olga Flow and Dark Falz grew differently. Olga absorbed Flowen and Dark Falz absorbed Rico, but other than that they both went though the same processes. Ex. they both mutated the cretures of Ragol and they both altered the AI.

Unlike Polenicus, I think that Dark Falz and Olga are truely dead since they both released the human the absorbed. Olga released Flown and Dark Falz released Rico. And unless the Profound Darkness is still alive somewhere, I don't think well be seeing the reutrn of Olga or Falz anytime soon.

Now what they could do for Episode 3 is do something with Calus. In the quest "Knowing Ones Heart" He says that he was trying to block of Falz but he could fell himself slipping. They could make where the Profound Darkness was slowly growing inside Calus. They story should take place after Pioneer 2 lands and cities are built. Pioneer 2 maybe used as a government facility. Since Calus is the AI system for Pioneer 2, he could assimulate Pioneer 2 and use it to evolve into a bigger, more powerful Darkness.

For the Hunters, this would be a problem because the threat is no longer domestic, but is is from space itself and using Pioneer 2's communitcation system, Claus could make the AI in the cites go bad too. To make matter worse, Calus could use the people on Pioneer 2 as minions instead on monsters. This will add more to the plot because you will have Dark humans running around disguised as hunters. Hunters could also be mutated by the same method Dark Falz used. If this become the case then Calus will make Dark Falz, Olga, and maybe even the Profound Darkness himself look like nothing. Because now the hunter's chains are double locked with both problems in the cities and on Pioneer 2.

RellikTakahashi
Dec 15, 2002, 12:13 PM
HOLY JEEBUS! You guys have like every known bits of data out there. "Look at that sword she carries if we find it she maybe near" eesh. never played the original Phantasy Stars, so are they people from Pioneer 1 later or no? IF the people dissappeared why the heck would they all vanish in the ruins. I mean come on now thats alittle too easy to find someone. heh Watch the Next PSO when it comes out next winter will let us LAND on Ragol and set up a base while' Pioneer 3 monitors and gives aid.

1. we need to explore on our own.
2 we need Vechiles dangit.
3. The military needs to DO SOMETHING than just stand around looking important. (PS: did you ever notice their weapons are miniture Rifles? heh)
4. we need more information.
5. Now that we SEEN Flowen and Rico alive we need them to explain stuff!
6. STOP ending it with pictures of them standing around lets actually be allowed to interact with them.
7. If P3 comes we need new weapons. Also how did the enemies get the weapons of P1? if they had them why not use em! geez.
8. We need to be able to play with more than 4 at a time. make it like 32 a miniture army w00t lol
9. uhh runnin out of ideas. Also all these lil note thingies they dropped. they really don't help. You should explained more about what happened. I KNOW if I WAS ON P1 I WOULDNT BE LOST I'D BE MESSING PEOPLE UP! W00T I DON'T GO DOWN THAT EASY!

RellikTakahashi
Dec 15, 2002, 12:15 PM
hehe maybe i got too over carried away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif heh

BlankTK
Dec 15, 2002, 01:58 PM
here are some pso easter eggs copied from a post on IGN that might help solve the mystery:

If you search Vol Opt close enough after knocking off a piece of it's armor in it's second form, you can find a picture of a young girl. I've taken pictures of this, but they haven't turned out very clear.

Look on Falz' arm during it's 2nd form and you can see a Red Ring.

-If you kill Falz or Olga Flow and use a Red Weapon (Like the Flowen's sword) as the deathblow, go back to the boss area. Either Rico (at Falz) or Flowen (at Olga Flow) will be waiting for you.

the last one has to be done online because offline you cannot re-enter the area.

Vyrus
Dec 15, 2002, 02:51 PM
What about the final offline quest? I forget the name of it but Ash goes off to look for survivors then disappears... I wonder where he went? Oh yeah, and a small thing that I noticed is that if you use word select offline with NPC's, names appear that aren't even there. I did Gran Squall on ULT and was using word select and BERNIE and some random name was there. Also, in the "Forest of Sorrow" Quest have you guys tried looking for the baby hildebear after it drops the moon atomizer. I used a PB on the baby and it did 0 damage...

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 06:23 PM
On 2002-12-15 11:51, Vyrus wrote:
What about the final offline quest? I forget the name of it but Ash goes off to look for survivors then disappears... I wonder where he went? Oh yeah, and a small thing that I noticed is that if you use word select offline with NPC's, names appear that aren't even there. I did Gran Squall on ULT and was using word select and BERNIE and some random name was there. Also, in the "Forest of Sorrow" Quest have you guys tried looking for the baby hildebear after it drops the moon atomizer. I used a PB on the baby and it did 0 damage...

He goes back to ruins 2 where he is killed by Kireek unless, you followed the black paper subplot. If you followex it you will get to battle Kireek for his SOUL EATER abd then you will revive Ash just like you did in "Battle Training". Also when Ash figures out you beat Kireek, he say a cuss word. It surprised me because ST is so big on word censorship.

BlazingTiger
Dec 16, 2002, 02:11 PM
On 2002-12-15 10:58, BlankTK wrote:
here are some pso easter eggs copied from a post on IGN that might help solve the mystery:

If you search Vol Opt close enough after knocking off a piece of it's armor in it's second form, you can find a picture of a young girl. I've taken pictures of this, but they haven't turned out very clear.

Look on Falz' arm during it's 2nd form and you can see a Red Ring.

-If you kill Falz or Olga Flow and use a Red Weapon (Like the Flowen's sword) as the deathblow, go back to the boss area. Either Rico (at Falz) or Flowen (at Olga Flow) will be waiting for you.

the last one has to be done online because offline you cannot re-enter the area.

This can not be ignored! Perhaps you can do the same offline 2 players? What does Rico or Flowen have to say when you return? Did you visit the Principal and inform him? There must be a way to activate those crystals.

To add... Dark Faltz is an entity, he can not be destroyed, only sealed. After you defeate Dark Faltz, you do not seal him, YOU ONLY DELAY HIM... There must be a way to seal him at the monument as shown in the "URAENDING" ending.

Polenicus
Dec 16, 2002, 03:01 PM
To add... Dark Faltz is an entity, he can not be destroyed, only sealed. After you defeate Dark Faltz, you do not seal him, YOU ONLY DELAY HIM... There must be a way to seal him at the monument as shown in the "URAENDING" ending.

That's not ENTIRELY true.

Dark Falz is a noncorporeal entity, yes. No physical body. Rico's messages say pretty much exactly that. But from the other PS games we know that they COULD kill Dark Falz, and even the wellspring of Dark Falz, the Profound Darkness, using the Elysion. The true, original Elysion. Unfortunately, even if the Coralians HAVE the True Elysion, it's in pieces.

It may be that Falz has been sent back into hibernation for 1,000 years, but then the Ruins would be free of 'D-cell Monsters'. I don't get the impression they are, and if you consider Olga Flow to be a new Dark Falz, then we've got a problem because the bastard is BREEDING. Which means ANY creature infected with D-cells has the potential to become a new Dark Falz. Ack!

However, I think Montague's photon research is the key. Eventually he will look back into the Elysion that was originally used to slay Falz, analyse its photons and duplicate it, enough to allow the player's weapons to hurt Dark Falz's consciousness as well as his physical body. Probably not enough to kill him, but enough to stuff him back under that seal for... oh, say another 1,000 years.

BlazingTiger
Dec 16, 2002, 10:38 PM
Actually if Dark Faltz is an entity that awakens every 1000 years, then technicaly, he can not be killed, but sealed, in other words, DELAYED. The body or form it chooses to inhabits may, but not the entity...

oxxjuniorxxo
Dec 16, 2002, 11:16 PM
Im no expert....But I have played all of the past PS games, and well I was just thinking, you mentioned that he CAN be killed. But if I am correct they need the Elysion. Now I feel that this is where the ruins crystals come into play. You can forge weapons, so maybe (Probably NOT) you are able to find a piece of one of those crystals, and possibly duplicate the Elysion with the crystals...Sorry for waisting this time if this is a stupid Idea. but I havnt gotten to play PSO for GC seeing as how I get it next week. I just wanted to TRY to help.

Sorry if waisting your time.

-JunioR-

BlazingTiger
Dec 17, 2002, 03:38 PM
No suggestion is stupid unless it is intended to be. I have always believed that the Elysion is some how tied to the crystals in the Ruins. I picked up one today, but I am yet to find out how. Perhaps the exposion in the sword will or can open a secret door...

oxxjuniorxxo
Dec 17, 2002, 04:09 PM
Tiger, you are seriously making me pissed off that I dont have this game yet. I hope that in the future(perhaps when I get the game and modem) we can play together. I think if alot of the members of this board were to play together, then much more can be found.

Let me know what that crystal leads to... when you find out.

oxxjuniorxxo
Dec 18, 2002, 08:59 PM
Any new information on this topic would be great, does anyone have anything??? I get BBA for Cube next Tues so Ill be on then...

FO-RA-HUnightv
Dec 19, 2002, 05:12 AM
hi im new but iv read atleasst 6 hours worth of stuff on this and i found that killing olga or feltz with a red wep and you go back down the teleportor u see RRR or flown they wave and dissaper. but maybe if u try it off line it will work. or if u us ely to kill them somthing different will happen on ult mode.
and iv bin able to go back down on my ver offline.
may be u can type Heith cliff or what ever is writen on the red weapons. im only in v-hard now and i got 6 more lves befor i go to ult so y dont you all try some

Bluedeath
Dec 19, 2002, 09:53 AM
Well on the topic if u do the quest w/ ash in the ruins u recieve monument data at the end , i was thinking that this could be very important to solving the secret of the ruins crystals

Vyrus
Dec 19, 2002, 10:55 AM
How do you get the "monument data"? Is it an item or something that appears in the quest board.

BlazingTiger
Dec 19, 2002, 11:19 AM
Perhaps the monument data is tied to the Elysion. Perhaps it is good you have that equiped. Remember that the survivors had not been found. I believe it is a way to find those survivors! Maybe even Rico! There is an area of that quest that is covered by rocks. THERE MUST BE A WAY TO BLOW THOSE ROCKS AWAY! I was thinking that the explosion (special) on the Elysion may do it. Someone try and see (if I don't do it first.) If not, there must be a way...

*I also noticed that on some quests there are doors that can not open. I know there must be a way to unlock those doors...

Bluedeath
Dec 19, 2002, 05:57 PM
Well the monument data is an item on the quest board, and i would try it but i dot have an Elysion yet unfortunately and i wouldnt be able to use it yet, but ill try this a.s.a.p, but first i wanna find a X-mas rappy

BlazingTiger
Dec 24, 2002, 10:46 PM
I just got an Elysion, I am doing the quests and will try to use the explosion "speacial attack" on the sealed walls. I also noticed that a lot of the quests, if you use the "quick chat" messages, you will see the names of some of the quest characters. I believe if you ask the right questions using this, something might happen...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-24 19:47 ]</font>

oxxjuniorxxo
Dec 24, 2002, 10:49 PM
well, tomarrow I will be able to help you out wit this one dude. I start in 14 hours, cause I have to open gifts, and see GF before she leaves to michegan for 2 weeks...

BlazingTiger
Feb 12, 2003, 06:50 PM
It seems that there has been recent discoveries to this mystery. The finding of the chaos on the rappies quest should prove a link to the mysteries. Has anyone discovered the chao on the rappies quest? Any new discoveries? This mission is not yet over. I am still looking for a link some where... I am doing the Bernies quests and I'm seeing some secret link there. When doing Dr. Osoto's quest, I gave the newman my name, and from there the mystery unfolds. On one of the later missions, she says that she will meet me in the ruins, I am yet to find her...

Savrak
Feb 12, 2003, 07:51 PM
Just to go back to ST and censorship. On the last days of the Dreamcast PSO (There still up I mean before everything became Oberon.) They had a quest where a miltary guy would tell you to "eat $#!+ and die." This is probably not gonna be posted for censorship.

Vantamiath
Feb 12, 2003, 09:53 PM
I have heard many rumors/stories/subplots/etc on PSO, and now that I have seen this topic, I would love to share them.

-A rumor occured that if 4 users in an online game use Elysions, the crystals will glow when all users stand in the room containing the crystal.

-I heard this during the begining of PSOv1, and found it quite interesting but not "worth" the effort. He claimed that if you stood in the "Garden Area" before you touch Falz grave that you will hear talking. He said you must stay in the garden area for about an hour, and when you do, you will HEAR RICO TALKING IN A MERE WHISPER. Now, call him/me crazy, but in a early development of PSO for DC, a downloadable clip presentation shows yuji giving a presentation. Member of ST were present, and the full gig file reveals a woman in the list who has the title "Voice Acting"..........and as we all know, PSO has no voice actors. Perhaps RICO talking at falz is true...

-I mentioned this in another thread a while back, but some site had photos that looked very realistic of a room never seen in the caves. It looked like the inside of a waterfall. (Im sorry I dont have a link, this is old news, but the photo didnt look generated)

-Was once said Yuji Naka had a interactive NPC in the offline quests, because his business card was obtainable. (others said it was a hack) But if anyone will buy me a DC HL, Ill come online and SHOW you the item. (Yuji Nakas Business Card) I remember even what it says loosely, "Hello Im yuji naka, president of sonic team, nice to meet you." BTW the item is GREEN. (please dont BS me, I had nearly 20 a duper gave me, and everytime I dropped one to show people they said they had never seen it)

-I remember something about a picture of a girl on Vol Opt if you destroy a piece of his armor...

http://www.camineet.net/psoimages/uraending-bernie.jpg
This raises questions doesnt it?

-It was once stated on JP forums that if all of Ricos messages are read on any difficulty MOMES character will appear with his helmet off in another difficulty. (During the quest you kill De Rol)

-It has been said that if you do the WORD SELECT correctly with BERNIE he will give you his FLAME VISIT.

-On the quest where you interrogate SUE, it is said this can alter the story, even though the whole process seems for no reason.

-This one has to be the most shocking ones Ive heard: It is said that in any offline Ruins mode DF can be HEARD making noise if you stand in the corner of the room on the right or left side before the door to the BOSS warp.

***Question
-What does MUUT DIS POUMN or whatever mean?

Chronos
Feb 12, 2003, 09:58 PM
this topic is much to long to read.

Vantamiath
Feb 12, 2003, 10:22 PM
On 2003-02-12 18:58, Chronos wrote:
this topic is much to long to read.

With an interesting topic, reading can be fun.

IronKnight
Feb 12, 2003, 10:31 PM
I've read every single Rico message... And alot of them just contradict themselves :/ I think you are looking wayy too deep into this. It's an online game... You build your own adventures, your own stories. PSO actually has little no to framework for a story; I say we stop now b4 we enter the ranks of Star Wars geeks nitpicking irrelevant story elements.

Savrak
Feb 13, 2003, 01:07 AM
Munns..etc applies to the Solar System of the original 4 Phantasy Stars. Each are the name of the planets if someone would mind to elaborate don't know the exact thing.

rbf2000
Feb 13, 2003, 01:25 AM
Bumping old topics is bad.

They die out for a reason, you know.