PDA

View Full Version : Good SUV Weapon?

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 12:54 AM
Well my cast is goin gto be lvl 20 soon, and i was wounding what SUV weapon i should get him, i see alot of people around on the PS2/PC with 'Grom buster' and honestly i don't think it's that good.

I saw some guy with a laser SUV not sure what lvl but he took out a c ragan with it, and i saw another with grom and it did practicly nothing....

DRO
Jan 29, 2007, 12:56 AM
I like the sturm buster....grenades all over the place...don't think it is too great for 1 enemy..but does massive damage in crowded rooms

Nani-chan
Jan 29, 2007, 12:57 AM
Sturm is popular, missles go up and have a far range. Burn as a bonus is a good SE too.

Umberger
Jan 29, 2007, 01:12 AM
From the CASTs I've played with, it's a toss-up between the concentrated laser one (shoots beams infront of you) and Sturm buster.

I like when CASTs use the Sturm buster because it burns, and attacks everything in the room (when things hop out of the way sometimes, it's a major downer). I would say Sturm for maps without bosses, and that concentrated laser one for using against bosses.

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 01:21 AM
I guess i could buy them both then...1 for bosses and 1 for just random enemies..

bob02
Jan 29, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-01-28 22:21, Bluepheonix wrote:
I guess i could buy them both then...1 for bosses and 1 for just random enemies..

thats what my caseal GT do... the new SUV arent bad... but i think this combination are the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DRO
Jan 29, 2007, 01:34 AM
No one likes the Giant arms?

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-01-28 22:34, DRO wrote:

What grom? all it does is hit surrounding enemies and confuses them....hardly good at all

Weakness
Jan 29, 2007, 01:38 AM
As a CAST I carry all of the SUV's with me. They all have their own purpose.

Sturm is your good all around SUV for rooms with lots of monsters. I hits them all and causes level 3 Burn.

Grom is also nice. It is very powerful, and has a wide hit radius. It also causes the shock status effect.

Blitz is okay. It has about the same power as Grom does, but it has a sweeping motion so you can't really hit the same enemy multiple times.

Rafal is my favorite looking of all the SUV's lol. It has decent power, hits enemies multiple times, and causes defense down.

Hegel is kind of like Blitz, only replaced with the gatling gun (ala Rafal). It has decent power, causes attack down, but the same problem with Blitz that because of the sweeping motion, you don't hit the same mob multiple times.

Meteor is just for shits and giggles. It has meh~ power, only hits 5 times and briefly (and I mean briefly) causes the sleep/stun status effect. The upside about this SUV is that it is fast, it comes down, hits quickly, and is gone in half the time of the others. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Also, what is better then pimp slapping a boss?

Edit to add this:

On 2007-01-28 22:36, Bluepheonix wrote:

What grom? all it does is hit surrounding enemies and confuses them....hardly good at all

The Giant arms are Meteor Buster, Grom Buster shoots a five way beam in front of you that hits multiple times. Grom is probably the strongest SUV (outside of the Burn SE that Sturm causes).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-28 22:40 ]</font>

DRO
Jan 29, 2007, 01:42 AM
Hmmmm....I have no idea...but i would think the giant arms would be the best for a boss...am I wrong? would the constant laser one be better with the multiple hits? by Meh damage do you mean not so good?

Weakness
Jan 29, 2007, 01:50 AM
On 2007-01-28 22:42, DRO wrote:
Hmmmm....I have no idea...but i would think the giant arms would be the best for a boss...am I wrong? would the constant laser one be better with the multiple hits? by Meh damage do you mean not so good?

The damage isn't that great because it only hits up to 5 times (though getting the right angle is very hard so you usually only get 3 or 4). The damage is probably twice as much as what Grom would do per hit, but you hit less and still can miss which is detrimental.

As a level 50 ForteGunner my Meteor Buster does about 700~1,000 per hit, for 5 hits. But my Grom can do 500~700 for 7 or 8 hits.

Edit to add this:

In all it is really up to which you like the most. None of them are really better then another, but they all have their own uses. Ultimately just use the one you think looks the coolest lol.

Like I prefer to use Meteor Buster on De Ragan, but I will use Rafal/Hegel on the Svaltus for the status effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weakness on 2007-01-28 22:55 ]</font>

Weakness
Jan 29, 2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BNZxEMx_5Q

This shows off all of the current SUV's.

And Shootom Buster (or whatever the call it) is Sturm Buster in the US version.

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2007, 02:14 AM
I use both sturm and grom buster. Sturm is great in rooms with a bunch of enemies, or a few enemies that would be impossible to aim at. Grom is better against large enemies and bosses. Grom doesn't require as much aiming as the Rafal buster, which is why I like it more. Switch the SUVs depending on your situation and remember that your SUV bar will not deplete if you switch or unequip an SUV.

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 02:19 AM
Edit to add this:

On 2007-01-28 22:36, Bluepheonix wrote:

The Giant arms are Meteor Buster, Grom Buster shoots a five way beam in front of you that hits multiple times. Grom is probably the strongest SUV (outside of the Burn SE that Sturm causes).

Oh i see lol, well it's my first time being a cast and i have no idea what they do or look like, but thx for that, and you carry them all? what about lack of capacity for other items that you pick up? depending on what weps you have.

Zorafim
Jan 29, 2007, 03:34 AM
I bought the Giant arms myself. I used them a few times too. Before the day ended, I sold them for half price.

Pentence
Jan 29, 2007, 06:25 AM
I personaly have em all also i have foudn your type(class) can actualy afect them too.A Fortefighter with grom or sturm sucks but the Meteor was built for them.So if your going the usualy cast route get all the shooting types.

Retsuya
Jan 29, 2007, 07:43 AM
I used the meteor / buster to defeate deragan c as my finisher (that was cool)
another event happen is when I used the grom / buster ( the steady laser fire) in synth with another players grom buster

personaly I prefer meteor because when you are activating your SUV weapon the enemy is dashing in towards you, and I use it to knock them back with some damage
I only use the grom to give stun to annoying monsters

DonMakaveli
Jan 29, 2007, 08:22 AM
I Use meteor / Grum, Grum can deal more damage to a mob then sturm with no doubt, and with meteor i can deal around 3000 damage (each) to 2 close creatures. It's my primary choice against Bil's & all the entire hive

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DonMakaveli on 2007-01-29 05:23 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jan 29, 2007, 08:25 AM
Meteor Buster is the one with the giant arms.
Grom is the focused fire laser.

Personally I like Sturm for clearing rooms and Rafal for taking out bosses...

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 11:24 AM
So many choices :$ i just don't want to carry them all due to lack of capacity, mean what theres 6-7? plus that on to your weps, items and armor, how much space is gonna be left for quest items

SolomonGrundy
Jan 29, 2007, 02:28 PM
did you notice if the arms inflict melee damage rather than ranged damage? that would make them mighty nice vs tragets that take 1/2 damage from ranged...

panzer_unit
Jan 29, 2007, 02:39 PM
While IMO all the SUV's are good (yeah even Meteor) I use Blitz and Grom primarily because dammit lasers look awesome... especially when my friend and I crossfire the same SUV attack.

Blitz proved useful a few times doing Bruce runs because the SE will stop just about anything for a moment and can buy your teammates some safety. Grom I like for the knockback. Pile all the targets against the wall for convenient trap / sword / whatever.

NisukeReach
Jan 29, 2007, 04:30 PM
like no offence.. but you do realize that the flaming bird is named Phoenix, where the 'o' precedes the 'e'...?

my two cast friends and I party soemtimes... we all use grom exclusively. IN bruce's mission, even the bil's dont have a chance against two grom shots, ha ha.

Bluepheonix
Jan 29, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-01-29 13:30, NisukeReach wrote:
like no offence.. but you do realize that the flaming bird is named Phoenix, where the 'o' precedes the 'e'...?

my two cast friends and I party soemtimes... we all use grom exclusively. IN bruce's mission, even the bil's dont have a chance against two grom shots, ha ha.

lol yea i do, but i spell it this way, i like to be diferent plus people are allways calling me pheo. Had this tag for like ever.

oh and i should take that into account bruce b is a b*tch witho those bills