PDA

View Full Version : WT: Saber/Dagger/Claw

Kimil
Jan 30, 2007, 11:30 PM
IYO, what weapon (ignore the S rank Daggers) is best for Wartecher?

Since These Melee Weps are the only ones with PAs that we get all the combos with (that and the Spinning Fist one), I've noticed we all tend to use these melee weps lots (and the Spear Of course).

I'm about to get my 410, and Im wondering which Weapon is better to synth first? I can finally use them all so which should I get? (Been using low Elemental Daggers fo toooo long)

Gamemako
Jan 31, 2007, 02:47 AM
I personally recommend that you get PAs for all the one-handed weapons. The Seva Falsan and Ga-Misaki have similar ATP ratings, and they're both insanely high, which helps make up for the WTs natural weaknesses. I definitely recommend grinding a Seva Falsan as high as you can as soon as you can, since it will probably have a higher ATP rating than you will achieve by endgame at a +10 grind. You won't be able to use claws until a higher level, but a store-bought Ga-misaki has 35% dark, making it incredibly awesome to start with -- just grind yourself a +10 on store-boughts once A grinder boards come out. Claws are also PP pools, meaning it is to absolutely no disadvantage for you to spam PAs all day long. As for daggers, the first PA is quite great, doing 4x2 hits on the first attack and 4x2 more on the second for 16 total hits with pretty good ATP.

My advice would be this: at lower levels, get yourself a good percent Seva Falsan ASAP. It has tons of ATP which will help out your weak wartecher damage. Get the second PA too, as it does much more damage. Next get a good Daga Sabbaba and use the first PA. Good damage still, just not as great as that monster ATP on the Seva Falsan. Don't worry about claws until later, since they have such an insane ATP requirement anyway.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 31, 2007, 09:03 AM
its pretty tough to think about having room for single blades when you also have to worry about keeping room for spells as well, cuz i need wands for resta, reverser, buffs, maybe some attacking, and some melee as well. but either way, single blades do seem perfect for wartechers who can never have that 3rd move of the other PAs. but I'll try to get my hands on an Seva Falsan if its really that good.

panzer_unit
Jan 31, 2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah, Seva Falsan _starts_ with more ATP than the 8* saber. On the other hand, 160-ish PP.

Don't forget that shop Rapiers are 29% Ice... very good blades.

Gamemako
Jan 31, 2007, 07:06 PM
A synth'd Seva Falsan can have 60% element and be grinded to appallingly-high ATP. A Rapier still can't be grinded (and is that A-grinder patch coming today or next week or what?). A Seva Falsan is much cheaper to make a complement of.

Also, Shiro, my palette always has a slot open for attack spells or one-handed weapons. Three one-handers and three two-handers. Works out well enough for me, anyway.

_Deliverance_
Feb 1, 2007, 07:26 AM
I use twin daggers for crowd control. Get a few, so you can spam your PA constantly. When going against a larger enemy, I favor single dagger for the stagger effect. It stops them Bils from doing their spinning clothesline, so I make good use of it.

Saber has more atp, but as a Newman, I'd rather get in, do my damage and get out if I have to. Saber swings are slower, and commit you for longer.

Once I get the ATP for it, you bet your ass I'm going to be picking up claw. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

panzer_unit
Feb 1, 2007, 09:44 AM
On 2007-01-31 16:06, Gamemako wrote:
A synth'd Seva Falsan can have 60% element and be grinded to appallingly-high ATP. A Rapier still can't be grinded (and is that A-grinder patch coming today or next week or what?). A Seva Falsan is much cheaper to make a complement of.

There's enough of a money/time investment in that project that you're definitely best to tide yourself over for Ice with a single 165k purchase at GRM while working on everything else.

Carbinne
Feb 1, 2007, 02:33 PM
If you're insane enough to grind a 50% weapon, best of luck to ya is all I'm saying.