PDA

View Full Version : How to "keep" the Sonic Statue....questions

DarkSeph
Jan 31, 2007, 08:08 PM
I was reading the sonic statue threads and didn't get a clarification on this part....

Ok, so you download the beta or already have it, and a gold account, great! your good to go right?.... So not sure exactly when you get the statue but what confuses me is....on the beta you DON'T get to keep your character...right?....maybe I'm wrong....so how do you make the transition to get the Sonic Statue to your ACTUAL account or for those just starting how do they switch things?....

Some serious clarification is needed here.

GForce09
Jan 31, 2007, 08:22 PM
You don't download the PSU beta, you have to get and play the Sonic the Hedgehog demo.

McLaughlin
Jan 31, 2007, 08:24 PM
That was neither funny nor correct.

And logic dictates they'd give it to your ACTUAL character, and not the one that gets deleted every month.

DarkAeon
Jan 31, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-01-31 17:22, GForce09 wrote:
You don't download the PSU beta, you have to get and play the Sonic the Hedgehog demo.

No.

edit: go ahead though, try again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkAeon on 2007-01-31 17:24 ]</font>

GForce09
Jan 31, 2007, 08:31 PM
Oh, I loaded up the official site before replying and completely misunderstood.

"Starting Saturday, February 3rd, at midnight PST, we will be having a super Sonic Demo Weekend! Play the demo, and join the PSU Xbox Live community"

First thing that came to mind was Sonic demo, figured they were tryin to push both games.

DarkSeph
Jan 31, 2007, 08:49 PM
lol..........well this has gone no where fast

GForce09
Jan 31, 2007, 08:56 PM
Actually you got your answer pretty fast, just got derailed for 20 mins by my epic phail =x

Obsidian said it all.

Itchee
Feb 1, 2007, 08:44 AM
Its very simple. Stay with me here....
The weekend of the 3-4th (this weekend) make a demo character and play. Then you need to activate (or otherwise have) a guardians license before Feb.28 (which is when the promotion ends). I assume the weekend of the 28th, they distribute the statues. The manner of distribution is still undetermined, but I assume it'll just show up in your common box/PM. I believe thats what happened with the original JP users that got the statue.

Tahldon
Feb 1, 2007, 09:19 AM
On 2007-02-01 05:44, Itchee wrote:
Its very simple. Stay with me here....
The weekend of the 3-4th (this weekend) make a demo character and play. Then you need to activate (or otherwise have) a guardians license before Feb.28 (which is when the promotion ends). I assume the weekend of the 28th, they distribute the statues. The manner of distribution is still undetermined, but I assume it'll just show up in your common box/PM. I believe thats what happened with the original JP users that got the statue.

What? We have to wait so long for it?

*pif* I'm impatient.. As my good buddy Gouki says "I'm American, I want things NOW!" (Lol).

Anyways, I downloaded the demo. Hopefully I don't have to play the whole weekend. :S The demo I mean, that'll be suckin.

Itchee
Feb 1, 2007, 10:00 AM
Well, im only assuming theyll distribute the statues at the end of the promotion. As for playin the demo the whole weekend....how could you not? Have you been on there and seen tha wilding that goes on? Its comedy at its finest! Now add a bunch of full-release players into the mixture of spam-happy youngins and part-time scammers and youve got ingredents for full blown hilarity...
Granted, Ill probably only be able to put up with it for a single weekend. ^_^

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
So yea, while on the topic of the Sonic statue (sorry in advance if this gets put in Cheaters):

Fact: Die-hards hate the fact that they can't get the statue regardless of their support since Day 1 and before

Fact: Said statues are synthable

Fact: Hackers (both malicious and not) can create 99% of the items that are synthable

Conclusion: Players can have Sonic Statues.

The question is... will 'super-legits' not want the statue because its essentially hacked into the game, or will the general population want said decor? I know my way around the "underworld" of the game, and knowing innocent hackers who do nothing more than find loopholes, it only takes asking a favor to get these into circulation.

Mikaga
Feb 1, 2007, 02:12 PM
Statues are synthable? Nobody who's ever done a data mine has found a [B] Sonic, and by the sound of it Sega's distribution method for the statues (there's also others) won't include synthesis whatsoever.

On the 360 thing: It's been posted on the official boards that someone mailed "SEGA Support" asking if this promotion would require a new GUARDIANS License or if an existing account would work. The resonse (from Juan, iirc) was that it needed to be a NEW account, so players who've had the an account for months and take part in the demo for the statue still won't get it unless they get a new account >.>

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-02-01 11:12, Mikaga wrote:
Statues are synthable? Nobody who's ever done a data mine has found a [B] Sonic, and by the sound of it Sega's distribution method for the statues (there's also others) won't include synthesis whatsoever.
Fyi the Sonic Team characters are called [B] Maya Special #1-5 and obviously they're unreleased. But they are there as boards. I don't know the full details around them (need to ask), but being decor they should be 64% success rates.

GForce09
Feb 1, 2007, 02:24 PM
What are the other Sonic Team character decorations?

Laranas
Feb 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-02-01 11:24, GForce09 wrote:
What are the other Sonic Team character decorations?

nellshini: "What are the other Sonic Team character decorations?"
friend (not giving out his name now): The boards said Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, and NiGHTS in that order... NiGHTS failed and the sidekicks poofed before going into my inventory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Sonic had no issues.