PDA

View Full Version : PSU Item Database Update

Ryna
Feb 1, 2007, 07:38 PM
The latest revsion of the Item Database software was uploaded just a little while ago. Here is an overview of some of the new features:

Picture Preview Column - The Remodeling Tickets and Room Decoration categories now have a preview column. If you would like a more compact item listing for those categories, there is a "No Picture" sort option.
Gender Sort - The Cast Parts and Clothing categories have a gender a column. You can also sort clothing by gender.
Quick Jump Links - These are anchors that allow you to quickly jump to a specific part of an item listing. Depending on the number of segments, you will either see a simple line or a four-column box.
Grinding Information - Most weapons should now have grinding information associated with them. You can see what the stats for an item will be at a particular grind step.
New Findings Information - The old Findings display box has been replaced with a more comprehensive system. At the moment, you can find information about items that can drop from enemies.
PM Evolution Device Category - At the moment, there is only one item in this category. However, it will eventually be populated with the items that are used to transform Partner Machinery into other forms.
Revised 'Component Of' Display - One of the unique attributes of the Item Synthesis section is that you can see all of the boards that an ingredient is used in. After adding information for several hundred boards, this information became difficult to read for certain items. So, the display was revised to make it much easier to read.
Base Success Rate - This indicates the odds of a synthesis succeeding on a level 1 Partner Machinery. This was previously enabled, but was removed due to a lack of consistency. Thanks to the efforts of rena-ko and Rizen, we now have reliable information for every store-bought recipe board.

I'd like to thank rena-ko, Rizen, Arislan, Dhylec, and the people that contribute item information for their help. The item database has grown to include information on 1500+ items.

If you see any information that needs corrected or would like to make a suggestion about future additions, please post in this topic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-02-01 16:42 ]</font>

Rizen
Feb 2, 2007, 05:45 AM
Good job with the updates! I like em! Makes it much easier to browse and find weapons now.

One little suggestion though, is it possible to add Brand x Rarity for Line Shields (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/line_shields/)?

rena-ko
Feb 2, 2007, 08:43 AM
i'd like to volley that "thank you" back to you! this is awesome work.

Dhylec
Feb 2, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-02-02 02:45, Rizen wrote:
One little suggestion though, is it possible to add Brand x Rarity for Line Shields (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/line_shields/)?

Hm, maybe I'm not using the LS page enough so it doesn't occur to me yet, but this is another good sort option. There is one for weapons, so this should be usable for the rest of the DB.

Ryna
Feb 4, 2007, 08:03 PM
It shouldn't be too hard to add a Brand x Rarity sort. I'll see if I can code something this week.