PDA

View Full Version : Infection not killing?

Rebel081
Feb 1, 2007, 11:37 PM
I was hoping I could get some clarification on the Infection status effect. Is it actually kill a mob on a tick or is it just a DoT with a different duration than Burn?

I've been using the Dark Bullet on my Dualies for about a week now and not once has it killed something with the tick damage, yet when I asked other rangers in game they told me I was, to put it politely, nuts.

I play on the Xbox360, and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Chuiji
Feb 1, 2007, 11:43 PM
Get burned or infected yourself and note that it doesn't kill you. Pretty sure, just based on that, that you are correct. They don't kill, just reduce to 1 HP. But...seriously. Big diff?

Carbinne
Feb 1, 2007, 11:58 PM
Infection doesnt kill. Maybe poison does but nobody uses poison traps.

Kronon
Feb 2, 2007, 12:30 AM
According to the JP Wiki, none of the hp/tick status effects can kill.

AC9breaker
Feb 2, 2007, 01:04 AM
None of the dots kill. When the enemy is at its limit, you will see a 0 from your status effect.

Rebel081
Feb 3, 2007, 05:19 AM
I see, thank you all for clearing that up.

Holo
Feb 3, 2007, 12:17 PM
Wrong infection does kill, ive seen it kill when i use my card and infect something sometimes i see it die out of no where (infection)

AC9breaker
Feb 3, 2007, 12:45 PM
Thats probably just a stray card arrow or glitch becuase no Dots kill. You could even test it out on your character. get your self infected , burned, poisoned and yo will see that it will not do anything once your HP reaches 1.

Mewn
Feb 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-02-03 09:17, Holo wrote:
Wrong infection does kill, ive seen it kill when i use my card and infect something sometimes i see it die out of no where (infection)

I've used Infection on Rifles and Twin Handguns ever since the bullets came out and never has any enemy died from infection damage, I just see the damage done drop down to 0.

Sure you weren't lagging, and the killing damage wasn't done by an attack?

Holo
Feb 3, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-02-03 09:47, Mewn wrote:

On 2007-02-03 09:17, Holo wrote:

I've used Infection on Rifles and Twin Handguns ever since the bullets came out and never has any enemy died from infection damage, I just see the damage done drop down to 0.

Sure you weren't lagging, and the killing damage wasn't done by an attack?

No I solo quite a lot, It killed that light enemy in the relics (golhomn or something) ive see this happen like 3 times.

AC9breaker
Feb 3, 2007, 01:45 PM
If people feel so adamantly about this then I suggest they make a video as proof. Otherwise, a few people just saying that they've seen it happen before is too weak of proof or evidence for this claim, as the majority shows that dots do not kill.

rena-ko
Feb 5, 2007, 11:30 AM
ive seen infection caused by dammegid to drain 0's. so if, then at least SE2 isnt killing.

OdinTyler
Feb 6, 2007, 10:32 AM
Infection does damage over time. If the enemy has low HP then naturally, it could theoretically kill an enemy. On average tho, no it wont instantly kill. Megid is a dark attack that doesnt infect, it incapacitates. Being that it has a low effect ratio, it doesnt put up its special as often. However, when it does, it kills immediately.

The best way to enhance the effect, is of course, to raise up your ability. Not only will the damage of the tick go up, it increases the chance of it killing an enemy outright (if thats something you actually want to see).

rena-ko
Feb 6, 2007, 12:01 PM
@odintyler

are you talking about megid's instakill or about virus/infection ?

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
Both. I was comparing the two, illustrating what they were both capable of. Seemed a bit obvious to state, but, I just thought Id clarify as Ive used both quite often. (evil smile)

Btw, for anyone who doesnt know, if youre into twin claws, get the S rank ones (this is offline). The photon color is green but their special is infection. Seems to work best on bigger enemies like Bil De Vears & Gohmas, but, can work on any enemy. Just thought Id throw that in there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif