PDA

View Full Version : Are daggers/mechguns useless?

robinhood
Feb 3, 2007, 09:25 PM
Sabers seem much more efficient in killing enemies than Daggers do. Only good thing about Daggers is that they just look cool. Also, there seems to be a large delay at the end of a 3-hit Dagger combo. That leaves me vulnerable and stops me from damaging my enemies.

Same with Mechguns. I seem to kill much faster with some Handgun rather than a pair of cool-looking Mechguns. And again with the long delay at the end of the 3-hit combo. That gets me in trouble and lowers my overall Damage output.

Do Daggers and Mechguns just suck? Or am I doing something wrong here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: robinhood on 2007-02-03 18:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: robinhood on 2007-02-03 18:27 ]</font>

Mewone
Feb 3, 2007, 11:38 PM
Get more ATP. Daggers aren't so great due to their awkward attacks, but Mechguns are among some of the most powerful weapons in the game, later on.

Bezmor
Feb 3, 2007, 11:57 PM
Where are yuo in the game? in normal mode doesnt matter what you use. As you get further you want more damage out put and with high enough ATP mechs dose out tons of damage. Also mechs with specials that add damage (i.e. charge/berserk/spirit) can give out so much damage that nothing stands a chance. Also handguns are limited to only three shots and thats why they arent good. eventually the mechs are gonna do more. only thing i use handgun for is long range/traps (when im a cast).

Ketchup345
Feb 4, 2007, 12:19 AM
At lower levels, Daggers and Mechguns are quite weak and not worth using. Try using the weapons every few levels, and eventually they will become more powerful than single hit weapons such as a handgun (especially Mechguns, I haven't leveled a HUnter high enough to notice a difference with Daggers {especially since its been a few months at least since I've played}).

CM_vs_HP
Feb 4, 2007, 04:08 AM
i always used dagger with my HUcaseal.
sbeats blade , srank blade zalure , berserk or demon ...

same goes for my RA with mechgun.

the power of a weapon doesnt matter at all, the way you use it makes all the difference.

DarthJeeba
Feb 4, 2007, 05:09 AM
Mech-gun 9hits total in a combo, these are the killing mechines at high atp, but they require high ata too. Daggers has 6hits in a combo, the non-BB ones are pretty weak, because there are plenty twin-sabers and paired swords which have higher atp and simliar no. of hits

PS: Mech-guns are the fastest weapons in the game

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthJeeba on 2007-02-04 02:10 ]</font>

gabor
Feb 4, 2007, 07:16 AM
I only use my Red Dagger (50% native) in forest now, ditched every weapon to the shop with high native% that I formerly used to kill Ult Forest enemies. Get a Red Dagger with nice %, you will love it, trust me!

DC_PLAYER
Feb 4, 2007, 07:43 AM
my mechs can do alot more damage then any of my weapons, heres an example

atp with an handgun- 100
atp with mechgun- 20
then the handgun is more efficient, now more power

atp with handgung- 1000
atp with mechgun- 920
the diference is the same (80) but it does not matter when the atp increase

as for daggers get a god ability, that may help...

Out_Kast
Feb 4, 2007, 09:30 AM
Dagger's are a no-go.
Mechguns are a don't-go-without. Especially with 40+ Hit%.
Never leave home without them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Drakorn
Feb 4, 2007, 11:41 AM
Daggers are ok if you can use them, mech guns are great when you cant take much damage, like what out-kast said it is better to be with them when you have 40+ hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drakorn on 2007-02-04 08:42 ]</font>

metatime
Feb 4, 2007, 12:04 PM
HUcaseal has the best animation for daggers so if you got a HUcaseal, they are decent. The other animation (other classes) have dagger animation that leaves you open at the end of the combo.

Mechs are very over powering once you get enough atp and ata.

Hrigg
Feb 4, 2007, 12:59 PM
Mechs are very useful.

Especially when you get Charge Vulcans with 50+hit% http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

There's some massive damage.

I'm not so big on daggers, however.

Splash
Feb 4, 2007, 03:53 PM
Neither of them are good to use UNLESS they have hit% on them (with the exception of the enemy part ones).

Daggers have mediocre accuracy and leaves you open when finishing a combo or when you miss even once. However, they perform 6 hits and if you have hit% on them with high ATP, it can pretty much kill any enemy with one combo. S-Red Blades have Shifta and Deband special which is pretty worth using, and S-Beat Blades have Unreduced Hell special. Red Dagger is very powerful and if you are lucky enough to find one with hit%, they are pretty awesome to use, might even rival a Demo Comet.

Mechguns are have terrible accuracy but if they have a huge hit% on it, then they are one dominant weapon to use. Not to mention with Charge special, then you can pretty much clear any room in a matter of seconds. However, with no hit%, they are the worst weapon you can try for a combo as they miss a lot, even for a Ranger.

robinhood
Feb 4, 2007, 05:25 PM
Why do people like Charge weapons so much? Doesn't that drain all of your meseta quickly?

Nidramag
Feb 4, 2007, 06:17 PM
yeah, but I got a SEVERE talking to about it when I questioned it. anyways. I am a purplenum FOmar, and it's rare I stray from my mechgun-types, except for my TP-recovering Double saber. a charge mechgun-type can clear a room in seconds. in any Ultimate area I Shifta, then pull out the L&K14 COMBATS w/ 40% hit (as I have no better mechguns YET) and beat the S*meow*T out of everything.

Mewone
Feb 4, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-02-04 14:25, robinhood wrote:
Why do people like Charge weapons so much? Doesn't that drain all of your meseta quickly?

Because one can hunt down Meseta with ease. I myself am starting to trade common things for large sums of Meseta, just to keep a larger reserve handy. It's amazing how many people find Meseta worthless.

The damage gained from using Charge is on par with Berserk and Spirit, and much more versatile in terms of in-combat use. One doesn't have to fear taking hits for a greater cause -or due to unpredictable teammates- like when using Berserk, because it doesn't drain HP; unlike Spirit, it won't run out at the critical moment and doesn't hamper your tech support abilities.

Charge, with enough Hit behind it, is godly. To answer your question simply, yes, it can drain your Meseta quickly, but it's not hard to recover.

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Feb 6, 2007, 08:04 PM
IN Ultimate, daggers are useless because there are twin swords. But mechguns HELPFUL ANYWHERE!!! heh heh heh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Mewone
Feb 7, 2007, 05:37 AM
I know of one person (Ch@osM@gnum) who does very, very well with Daggers, but he has spent a lot of time perfecting the right situations in which to use them. It takes practice.

CM_vs_HP
Feb 7, 2007, 07:23 AM
I didnt spended anytime perfecting anything...i just knew the area i was in.
I simply used different dagger on different type of ennemys because i wanted to play a different style.

I remember at level 80 with my HUcaseal when i started doing some CCA run
i had 235 ata with SBeats and 285 with my demon`s raygun 50H, a valiant frame 4 slot with 2garm, 1 cure shock, 1 gbattle and spart 2.01 + a good power/ata mag and you have a machine of destruction that can either solo CCA or Seabed Ultimate Online with 3 weapon.

Sbeats for sinow zele, morfos or any monster with low EDK
Srank zal blade for high DFP monster and mini-boss.
some demon to help on the way and its pretty much fun to do and offer some kind of challenge while hunting or raising mags. with the HP she have at this level you can barely resist 1 attack and no boss lol

When i found my twin-Blaze on Morfos it became another story the gifoi it provide and the superior control of trap that you gain by it is awesome in very thick situation of tower so it became my main weap.i could even stop delbiter and illgill charging at me with ease having this in my hand.

Im not known under the name of (Ch@osM@gnum) because i only soloed or played with japanese as him except in very few occasion for either someone levling 200 or to try and beat some record with friends on TTF or RT
My name was DeathStrike (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=4813999102264163722&hl=en-CAl)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CM_vs_HP on 2007-02-07 09:22 ]</font>

Kevino
Feb 7, 2007, 08:32 AM
Money is completely useless because you get so much of it easily so you can use them almost with out consequence.

Banish
Feb 7, 2007, 05:53 PM
Double saber/sword are very useful in Ult, abnd daggers are mostly good in hard+

Mewone
Feb 7, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-02-07 05:32, Kevino wrote:
Money is completely useless because you get so much of it easily so you can use them almost with out consequence.

I'll take this "useless" Meseta off of your hands.

KojiroAK
Feb 8, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-02-07 16:20, Mewone wrote:

He meant useless in other points then charge, so the 200 at charge isn't a big deal.

(or I am wrong Kevino?)

Actually at the point you reach VH-mines it isn't to hard to get max meseta.
And beside of 4 Slot Armors (for lover characters) and Demon or Charge Weapons there isn't much where you really need bigger amount of Meseta.
(And yes i consider the Meseta need for Trifluid usage of Force as minor, in the time you use a Trifluid you have it already doubled in)

Kevino
Feb 8, 2007, 09:16 AM
No you hit head on! there's no point in money other than charge (well mabey if you're a force) but other than that i cant remember the last time i was at a lack in money. If i ever would be i think i would do a Forest run and just pick up useless junk to sell. So Kojiro i think i completely agree.

also on the topic of mechguns i have 2 examples
Yasminkov 9000M
Guld/Milla
nuf said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kevino on 2007-02-08 06:17 ]</font>

CM_vs_HP
Feb 8, 2007, 09:19 AM
when i used to raise mag. i can garantee you that there was no place for charge in my playing. i could only berserk barely...

any mag farmer need the money.

Mewone
Feb 8, 2007, 09:55 AM
On 2007-02-08 04:39, KojiroAK wrote:

On 2007-02-07 16:20, Mewone wrote:

He meant useless in other points then charge, so the 200 at charge isn't a big deal.

(or I am wrong Kevino?)

Actually at the point you reach VH-mines it isn't to hard to get max meseta.
And beside of 4 Slot Armors (for lover characters) and Demon or Charge Weapons there isn't much where you really need bigger amount of Meseta.
(And yes i consider the Meseta need for Trifluid usage of Force as minor, in the time you use a Trifluid you have it already doubled in)

Darn. *was hoping for free Meseta* >.>