PDA

View Full Version : Story Dicussion Thread (use Spoilers!)

MaximusLight
Feb 3, 2007, 09:44 PM
Well why not I mean there are lots of thing to talk about in this catagory.

On that note.

Ethan fight's Magashi for the last time in story mode (one on one), I noticed that the song didn't even finish a full cycle, I happen to have the full version of this song/tract and it cuts out about a third to half way through it. That said there might be another time it gets used, a true final battle? Another story mode? DICUSS!

Secondly:

I wonder if Ethan actually got the real magashi or if he just got one of his copies? I me he has died what 4 times now? (inclueding offline story and online, so who's going to stop the real magashi or did Ethan already do it? DICUSS THIS TOO!

EspioKaos
Feb 3, 2007, 11:33 PM
After exploding and being run through on multiple occasions, I think it's pretty safe to say that there have always been multiple Magashis running around. Perhaps they are all part something similar to the Lou network, where all of them share the same information through a "mental" link?

Concerning the song you're talking about, "The Last Story," I'm hoping for the same thing. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't fully played in story mode, especially when it got cut off right as it really picks up into the awesome part. But, seeing as how "Brave Fight," which suffered the same fate in story mode, was recently used in one of the network GUARDIANS missions as a boss battle theme, I think it's quite possible "The Last Story" will be put to use somewhere down the line.

MaximusLight
Feb 3, 2007, 11:49 PM
I thought about the mental link thing too, if it's true then there could be any number of evil casts running around, the only thing that makes me think otherwise is Lou'c comment in Esp2 Chp2 after fighting Magashi again she comments on him being weaker and say that he might be a cone.

Sekani
Feb 4, 2007, 01:40 AM
"The Last Story" is a looping track, so I'm almost positive it'll be put to use eventually. It better be, it's the best song in the game.

MaximusLight
Feb 4, 2007, 02:35 AM
On 2007-02-03 22:40, Sekani wrote:
"The Last Story" is a looping track, so I'm almost positive it'll be put to use eventually. It better be, it's the best song in the game.

I agree, it would be a shame to waste it.

Gigorman
Feb 4, 2007, 03:09 AM
Would anyone happen to know what Renvolt says, in japanese, as he begins to self-destruct after Tylor stabs him?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-02-04 00:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gigorman on 2007-02-04 00:13 ]</font>

Shaidar
Feb 4, 2007, 03:18 AM
Spoilers!

I get the feeling all the Magashis running around are just clones used as puppets by the real one that's lurking somewhere else. Pretty much like Sephiroth in FF7.

Also, note that all the Magashis that have been killed so far lacked wings. The Magashi that first encountered Eathan had wings, just like the one that they fought in Tylor's hideout. Those that got stabbed by Tylor and killed by Eathan in the hive didn't. So, it's possible the winged Magashi is the real thing, the rest are just clones. Maybe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-04 00:23 ]</font>

Alisha
Feb 4, 2007, 03:55 AM
the thing about the wings is very interesting. personally i never believed that the dulk falkis you fight is magashi. i also wonder what happend to the seed infected magashi you fight. wich is one of coolest battles in the game imo.

Gigorman
Feb 4, 2007, 05:36 AM
It looked more like a floating cape, rather than wings...

MaximusLight
Feb 4, 2007, 01:23 PM
On 2007-02-04 00:55, Alisha wrote:
the thing about the wings is very interesting. personally i never believed that the dulk falkis you fight is magashi. i also wonder what happend to the seed infected magashi you fight. wich is one of coolest battles in the game imo.

He was probably absorb into the seal with all the other Seed at the con finement point.

Shaidar
Feb 5, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-02-04 02:36, Gigorman wrote:
It looked more like a floating cape, rather than wings...

Well, he does "spread his wings" or whatever I should call it at some points in the game (intro video for example), hence I called them wings. xD I doubt he can take flight with em though. Altho it would pretty hilarious to see Magashi go "Up! Up! And away!" or something like that.

MaximusLight
Feb 11, 2007, 09:08 PM
Here is a thought, looking at this old trailer:

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/MaxamisLight/PSU/?action=view&current=phantasystar_051205_01_wmvlow.flv

I noticed that there is a CG scene that isn't shown in story an staory modes yet (the one were Ethan is flying in Parum with the towerup), you guys think it was just fanfair for advertisement or will it be shown in later story.

Also this video has leaked the only fourth-generation PA I have seen thus far (Ethan does a full body slash with a regular saber) any thoughts on when that's coming out (a little off topic but hey it's disscussion)

(also was that not some good music in the background? (after the begining of course))

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 04:24 PM
hmmm... I wonder if PSU is going to have use any of those CG scenes in the game at all...

Para
Feb 13, 2007, 04:33 PM
Hes probably cloned with one central AI like Lou

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 04:35 PM
On peoples question about the "wings" here:
http://www.pso-world.com/media/psuartwork/magashi-1.jpg
translation?

throttlekitty
Feb 13, 2007, 05:24 PM
A little off-topic, but it kinda bothers me. When will our online characters get weaved into the story? At best, our chars get a poke with a stick to remind you that they're in the scene. :/ All that work in a top-secret mission and Laia gets a thank you, not me?

MaximusLight
Feb 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
On 2007-02-13 14:24, throttlekitty wrote:
A little off-topic, but it kinda bothers me. When will our online characters get weaved into the story? At best, our chars get a poke with a stick to remind you that they're in the scene. :/ All that work in a top-secret mission and Laia gets a thank you, not me?

That's done on purpose, it looks doubtful that they will change that. Which is probably why I want more story mode in the first place. After all if they are just going to release stuff we could just as easily do offline, BUT with cutscenes, voices and other stuff.

Genji
Feb 14, 2007, 05:43 AM
The way Nav mentions Ethan's father Olsen at the end of EP2 Chapter 5 gives me the feeling that his father is a part of the Illuminus. It was as if they suspected he'd be there.

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 14, 2007, 08:32 AM
On 2007-02-13 14:24, throttlekitty wrote:

I kind of agree, I always thought that it kind of made your character look unimportant or at most, nothing more than just a rookie unlike the PSO quests when people needed you and they were all like "Oh, Mr. Hunter, Help us!!"

MaximusLight
Feb 14, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-02-14 02:43, Genji wrote:
The way Nav mentions Ethan's father Olsen at the end of EP2 Chapter 5 gives me the feeling that his father is a part of the Illuminus. It was as if they suspected he'd be there.

Ya I got that feeling too, or they are trying to use some information about his father to manipulate him

KuroNetsune
Feb 15, 2007, 11:31 AM
welllllll >_>

my theory goes something like this...

I don't entirely trust Nav, nor the president <.<

much like in PSO, what if they are trying to harness the seed, what if the Colony's gouvernment is actually behind this all plot to convert critters into SEED forms and the infected civilians are just 'accidents' that the gouvernment are trying to cover

and the Iluminus are just the dirty hand of the gouvernment.. (or perhaps truly a separate group with their own evil agenda that casually goes the same direction) for that matter why is Magashi a cast? perhaps he's a rebuilt human?

ultimately... maybe it was Ethan's father that died because he learned too much about the gouvernment's plans and he tried to put an end to everything? >_>

wheeeee I like chewing on pannon jelly

MaximusLight
Feb 19, 2007, 09:38 PM
Ahhh... discussion. (really makes you want to see the next chapter)