PDA

View Full Version : Please, recommend me 2 PSX RPG's!! YEA YOU!

Dabra
Dec 1, 2002, 03:03 PM
Well i'm short on gaming needs. I'm fed up with Shooters, have been playing the same spearhead demo since it came out, about 3-4 hours a day. Same goes for UT:2k3.

And i need something new. I want an RPG. Now.

There's not good RPG on the PS2 now. Suikoden3 doesn't please me, and FFX is long beaten, probably first 3 days I bought it.

Well I have a PS2, that means I have a PSX. That means I want PSX RPG's. Know where I'm getting at?

Ok I want 2 rpg's, good rpg's, but I don't know what to chose. I'm stuck between these games:

-Chrono Cross
-Vagrant Story
-Valkyrie Profile

To tell you the truth, I never player any of them. Except maybe Chrono cross which my friend rented but I only got to play it for a couple of minutes- or rather "see" it.

If anyone can recomment any other rpg's, feel free. I really wanted to play some Enix RPG's- you know, lay off of the squaresoft stuff- but I can't find anything that could please me, except for valkyrie profile.

Then again, i could get all 3. BAH. Any suggestions?

Lileya
Dec 1, 2002, 03:10 PM
Valkyrie Profile is really AWESOME! New really original battle system, the story is really too awesome too when you get the good ending, I love the graphix even if it's in 2D! It's really my favorite rpg! You should REALLY buy it!

Well you said VP is the only Enix rpg that interest you, but you should really consider Star Ocean 2! It's as original than VP!

Kent
Dec 1, 2002, 03:22 PM
Final Fantasy VII is simply the best RPG ever.

Also try Final Fantasy IX. It's not as good as VII, but it's much, much better than VIII.

And what's this about no good RPGs on PS2? You obviously haven't played Kingdom Hearts...

Vitamin_D
Dec 1, 2002, 03:26 PM
Yeah DEFINITELY Valkyrie Profile. That game is SO amazing. And to choose a second...go with Star Ocean 2. These are my 2nd and 3rd favorite RPGs (behind Chrono Trigger) They define innovation, and have THE most fun battle systems of ANY RPG....dead serious. You will NOT be dissapointed with either. Nibelung Valesti!

Dabra
Dec 1, 2002, 03:29 PM
On 2002-12-01 12:22, Kent wrote:
And what's this about no good RPGs on PS2? You obviously haven't played Kingdom Hearts...

I just don't consider Kingdom hearts as an RPG. More like action/adventure.

Lileya
Dec 1, 2002, 03:47 PM
On 2002-12-01 12:26, Vitamin_D wrote:
Yeah DEFINITELY Valkyrie Profile. That game is SO amazing. And to choose a second...go with Star Ocean 2. These are my 2nd and 3rd favorite RPGs (behind Chrono Trigger) They define innovation, and have THE most fun battle systems of ANY RPG....dead serious. You will NOT be dissapointed with either. Nibelung Valesti!

I knew you would agree with me D! XD

Brimstone
Dec 1, 2002, 04:03 PM
AAAAH, thou darest to not mention XENOGEARS!!! Xenogears is definitely the greatest psx game ever made, it has a great story line, its own unique battle system and combos, mech and human battles, its awesome. You must buy it.

Others:
Valkyrie profile= awesome
Star Ocean 2 = awesome
Chrono Cross = Awesome

Brimstone
Dec 1, 2002, 04:04 PM
AAAAH, thou darest to not mention XENOGEARS!!! Xenogears is definitely the greatest psx game ever made, it has a great story line, its own unique battle system and combos, mech and human battles, its awesome. You must buy it.

Others:
Valkyrie profile= awesome
Star Ocean 2 = awesome
Chrono Cross = Awesome
Breath of fire 3 = awesome

Dangerous55
Dec 1, 2002, 04:08 PM
PS2- Wild Arms 3(uniqe, Western style, GUNS!, and cel-shaded)
Shadow Hearts(overlooked RPG, really, really good, go for it)

PS1- Breath of Fire 3
Breath of Fire 4
The Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross(My fav RPG of all time)

Ness
Dec 1, 2002, 05:37 PM
I would have to say FF 7 or Chrono Croos. I've been meaning to try out Wild Arms 3. The only question I have for you is: Why aren't you playing PSO?

Dangerous55
Dec 1, 2002, 05:54 PM
On 2002-12-01 14:37, Ness wrote:
Why aren't you playing PSO?

Because it blows.

Dabra
Dec 1, 2002, 08:17 PM
On 2002-12-01 14:54, Dangerous55 wrote:

Because it blows.

Amen, couldn't have said it better.

Bah i got the demo of WA3, don't really like it. ANd shadow hearts is...creepy and too "Dark".

Breath of fire huh....gonna check that out.

BTW what about FF: Tactics?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dabra on 2002-12-01 17:19 ]</font>

Dangerous55
Dec 1, 2002, 08:42 PM
On 2002-12-01 17:17, Dabra wrote:

Amen, couldn't have said it better.

Bah i got the demo of WA3, don't really like it. ANd shadow hearts is...creepy and too "Dark".

Breath of fire huh....gonna check that out.

BTW what about FF: Tactics?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dabra on 2002-12-01 17:19 ]</font>

Ahh, a PSO-Sucks supporter.

Shadow Hearts is a lil dark for an RPG, I liked it.

Check out Breath of Fire 3 or 4, 3 is very good, never played 4, but I assume greatness. Got good reviews.

SorceressofTime
Dec 2, 2002, 02:32 AM
besides what everyone's mentioned, how about one of the 'tales series' games: tales of phantasia, etc. and luna silver star story? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif they're older games but they're one of the best.

Abaddon
Dec 2, 2002, 07:57 AM
Suikoden 1 and 2 are good games to get. They are one of the few psx rpg's that dont have cumbersome battles. and with 120+ party characters to get... ^_^

umm...front mission 3 if u can get it in english would be a good game

Nidarrock
Dec 2, 2002, 02:29 PM
Of the three you mentioned I would say Vagrant Story then Chrono Cross. However Vagrant Story is more an action/adventure than a real RPG. Check it out though, it's one of my all time favorites. With the PS2 smoothing on it looks even better than before. I've played through it 3 1/2 times already. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BlackRose
Dec 2, 2002, 02:44 PM
My choices would be Chrono Cross and Valkyrie Profile.

geewj
Dec 2, 2002, 04:14 PM
Chrono Cross
FF7
FF8 (you'll either love it to death or not like it at all)
Star Ocean 2
Xenogears

Kent
Dec 2, 2002, 05:48 PM
On 2002-12-01 12:29, Dabra wrote:

On 2002-12-01 12:22, Kent wrote:

I just don't consider Kingdom hearts as an RPG. More like action/adventure.

Technically it's an Action/RPG (like the Zelda games), and a very good one at that. And besides, it's made by Squaresoft, and they do very few things wrong (like the Final Fantasy movie, Final Fantasy VIII, and not bringing Seiken Densetsu 3 to the US).

Dabra
Dec 2, 2002, 05:49 PM
Ok well there's just too much I missed out on, so I'm getting them all. In other words, these 9:

-Suikoden 2
-FF 7
-FF 9
-FF tactics
-Vagrant Story
-Valkyrie Profile
-Lunar 2
-Chrono cross
-Xenogears

I have a maybe another 50 bucks to dish out...any other good games out there, worth to be mentioned?

*overlooks list*

Wow I have a packed month ahead of me.

PS: I've been thinking Arc the Lad, but I don't know...

Abaddon
Dec 3, 2002, 05:46 AM
*whispers to Dabra* Front mission 3! ^_^

LostHero
Dec 3, 2002, 09:05 PM
Suikoden3 didn't please you?

You have made a very dangerous enemy today

wayne_statix
Dec 4, 2002, 03:44 AM
wtf are yall thinking forgeting the ultimate rpg ever?! Better then FF7 btw,

XENOGEARS! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

most original story... hell you even walk on the wild side as a cannibal for a second on accident in that game Lofl