PDA

View Full Version : Forces for Soloing

zanotam
Feb 4, 2007, 05:37 PM
While i have done lots of multiplayer with forces, i've never done much soloing on single player and since this time around i'm planning on trying to get to ultimate rather then just hard in single player i need to know how good force are at soloing.

Nidramag
Feb 4, 2007, 05:53 PM
know how to use 'em and they kick (meow) *yay! good cencorship!*

and mods are good for this site. they do more than probably almost anyone knows.

Drakorn
Feb 4, 2007, 06:34 PM
Depends on which force because some can be good then others and also in fact some can be bad as others, it depends on your status basically and how much you rely on techniques or weapons. To be honest I think (in my opinion) that FOmar's are good but in my other opinion i say FOnewearls are good.

Splash
Feb 4, 2007, 07:05 PM
In early times, forces are easy at soloing and can clear rooms much quicker than that of a hunter or ranger. In later times, it is hard as enemy resistance stats build up. Also, a casting Force doesn't need a good equipment in order to survive in Ultimate. All it really needs is a MIND mag, 4 slot frame with God/Minds for each and a cane/wand/rod with bonus tech boost.

Callous
Feb 4, 2007, 08:08 PM
I've solo'd pretty much all characters in ultimate and I by far find a Purplenum RAmarl the easiest to solo with. Frozen shooter drop + lv 20 deband/shifta/resta ftw.

FMArthur
Feb 4, 2007, 09:53 PM
In my experience as a FOnewearl, soloing as a Force was the easiest. Clearing rooms is downright easy with the number of nukes availible to any force player at a time. I was lucky enough to find a Hildebear's head in normal Forest around the time I started (which is not even listed on the PSOW database as a drop, to give you some idea of its rarity in that difficulty), which helped tremendously, and continued to be useful well into Ultimate. Free Foie, as well as a significant boost to casted Foie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zarbolord
Feb 5, 2007, 05:39 AM
I've soloed offline with all forces in ult, of course... offline http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but thats how it was at the time. I mean, if you know what ur doing you can solo with ease using any force. Easiest one to solo with tho is the FOmar, give him a Soul Banish and a Red saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

cashizslick
Feb 5, 2007, 04:42 PM
I had a solo force - it was easy to kill the monsters but expensive as well. You are gonna use a lot of items to regain your TP!

Falz would also kick my ass for some reason on Vh . . i just couldnt w/stand the grants attack. .

KojiroAK
Feb 5, 2007, 05:03 PM
If you count Techs as equipment, then yes it bases also on the equipment.
(The staffs come in secondary but does also make you get a big step forward)

But a FOnewearl with Lv.30 Techs, Agni, Indra, Dagon, Summit Moon and Caduceus is one of the best character in the game.

I wiped out Ult. DF around Lv.130 with my FOnewearl.
And also Ult. Mines Run are a pretty easy run with her.
(As long as you know when to cast Resta)

Banish
Feb 5, 2007, 05:18 PM
YEs, FOrces have a big advantage, and I solo with mine too.

Nidramag
Feb 5, 2007, 08:13 PM
See? forces are teh best!
*SD's and whips out two mechguns, shooting rapidly into the air*
yayayayayayayyaayyaAYAYAYAYAYAYAyayayayayay!!!!
the TP problem was solved easily for me. I got a double saber. when I run low I regenerate in about two Bartles. then I bust out techs and wup everything!

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Feb 5, 2007, 08:17 PM
I love having a force with a Hunter, if the Force casts Shifta and Deband, the hunter and the force kick @$$!

BlueKnight
Feb 6, 2007, 10:52 AM
Hunters and rangers are better on ultimate. But any other lv like normal / hard/ VHard they will own. But ultimate there jest not strong to handle the musters. There magic is jest too week. Even if you have lv 30 spells. I do have 2 Forces FOmar lv 177 and FOmoaral lv 132.
Thay are good for suport thow.

Yurnero
Feb 6, 2007, 04:28 PM
I find the ATP lacking a little with FOnewearls. A MAG with decent POW for some good ATP boost helps, but then the damage is still considerably low. I remember equipping a MAG with a level 100 POW stat with my 60 FOnewearl and a Double Saber. I hit 60s on Boomas in V.Hard @_@ Or was that just me? >_>

Banish
Feb 6, 2007, 05:35 PM
FOrces aren't really the melee-type, unless you're a mage force or something, but I tend to aim towards the techs, because they outshine the melee (even though FOrces look cool with sabers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)