PDA

View Full Version : Jaggo Spawn

akratic
Feb 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
The entry on PSUpedia is non-determinative about Jaggo spawns in VoC. Does anyone know if it is non-determinative BECAUSE the spawns themselves are not certain, or are they simply mistaken entries in PSUpedia? In other words, the same spawns, according to PSUpedia, can sometimes get you jaggos and sometimes not. From what I can tell, this is NOT how rare spawns work in PSU. Usually the rare spawns are certain if you meet other spawn conditions.

I cannot get a working translation of the JP-wiki entry, and I suppose it might have better information.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: akratic on 2007-02-04 13:21 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 4, 2007, 05:40 PM
well, out of theory, the raw spawns are actually recognizeable by slight changes here and there compared to the spawn pattern they derivated from. that could also mean that the rare pattern can be identical with the original pattern in any enemy besides the jaggo.
this would make this spawn quite unpredictable.
take in account that this is just a theory right now.

i dont know how accurate and up to date psupedia is on that concern however. gonna check on psuwiki's info...

akratic
Feb 4, 2007, 06:01 PM
On 2007-02-04 14:40, rena-ko wrote:that could also mean that the rare pattern can be identical with the original pattern in any enemy besides the jaggo.
this would make this spawn quite unpredictable.
Yeah, that's my worry. Unfortunately, the VoC guide is the only english-language guide to Jaggo hunting.

If you can get any info from the Jp-wiki, that would be wonderful. Maybe there's a piece from that wiki missing, or maybe you can let us all know if there is a mine defense jaggo hunting guide.

Thanks for your help, rena-ko!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: akratic on 2007-02-04 15:03 ]</font>

rena-ko
Feb 4, 2007, 06:05 PM
just checked with psuwiki. there is actually less data there than what psupedia has to offer.
psupedia at least has the other spawns there too.

well, unless someone notes down the complete spawns and not just the first room for those patterns, this info is quite useless - at least for VoC.

there might be a difference in a later room, but unless someone has the luck to note down the complete spawn pattern for the jaggo patterns...

edit: no info on mine defense at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2007-02-04 15:09 ]</font>

akratic
Feb 4, 2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks for looking at the wiki. If my friend and I see anything helpful, we'll be sure to pass it on.

sugarfox
Feb 4, 2007, 09:45 PM
Dropped Gra-photons. I was playing C rank for some quick Ex to Lv up before bed time. If you play this map a lot as I do and I wont go into details but the spawning Patten of all the other monsters is unmistakably messed up, and your be thinking, "Hello! This is a rum cove and no mistake!" Then in B2 you get these ittle guys.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u193/sugarfiles/psu20070205_105636_012.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sugarfox on 2007-02-04 18:47 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Feb 5, 2007, 01:15 AM
That would make sense, I put a load of hours into Jaggo hunting using the patterns on PSUPedia and though I got the required maps I never got the Jaggo's.

Their Rappy maps are 100% spot on though.

akratic
Feb 5, 2007, 02:02 PM
On 2007-02-04 18:45, sugarfox wrote:
If you play this map a lot as I do and I wont go into details but the spawning Patten of all the other monsters is unmistakably messed up.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sugarfox on 2007-02-04 18:47 ]</font>
Not to be rude, but we all know Jaggos can spawn in block 2. So unless you can add information about what the spawn differences were, you aren't doing anything more than saying "hey, I saw jaggos". And about that, no one cares.

Assuming that wasn't your intent, would you mind telling us what differences you noticed? Were the differences in block 1 or in block 2?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: akratic on 2007-02-05 11:04 ]</font>