PDA

View Full Version : Playstyle (for those under level 70)

Sephlock
Feb 5, 2007, 03:58 AM
How do you prefer to do your runs?

Xtasisanu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:04 AM
I guess that really depends on who is in the party with me, if there are higher levels I try to just shoot things once and then go in and kill things.

Otherwise its all killing stuff as they come after you.

Shaidar
Feb 5, 2007, 04:08 AM
Depends on situation. I try to interrupt as many mobs as possible, so naturally I get most of the crowded mobs tagged due to my constant PA spam. I don't go out of my way to tag every single thing though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-05 01:16 ]</font>

Xtasisanu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:09 AM
On 2007-02-05 01:08, Shaidar wrote:
Depends on situation. I try to interrupt as many mobs as possible, so naturally I get mose of the crowded mobs tagged due to my constant PA spam. I don't go out of my way to tag every single thing though.

Thats the wonders of straffing with a machine gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pentence
Feb 5, 2007, 04:12 AM
i tend to agree with Xtassisanu,although i often find myself just taging and helping out th weakest link.Since i am a beast wt we tend to be very versitile and just kinda fill in the gaps.

Usualy ill go in with my spear and use robado on a large group to soften em up and tag em all.I generaly tag by gi techs or my robado its perfect for beasts since we can take the hits that come with it.

Xtasisanu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:13 AM
On 2007-02-05 01:12, Pentence wrote:
i tend to agree with Xtassisanu,although i often find myself just taging and helping out th weakest link.Since i am a beast wt we tend to be very versitile and just kinda fill in the gaps.

Usualy ill go in with my spear and use robado on a large group to soften em up and tag em all.I generaly tag by gi techs or my robado its perfect for beasts since we can take the hits that come with it.

Either way its all about getting those little yellow text to pop up for you when you in a group full of 6 or more... :/

Jaden_Korr
Feb 5, 2007, 04:14 AM
it depends on the situation. If I'm running LL S,or Hive A, with my semi-regular party then I'll tag things with a freeze/burn G trap before picking off what I can. If I'm helping a newbie then I'll tag with a low level PA then meatshield for the newbie to get the kill,excepting things like Kog Nadd who just seem to enjoy kersplatting newbs unaware

hyperacute
Feb 5, 2007, 04:15 AM
Neither of the above. I play a fortegunner so first and foremost, I'll hammer the big stuff with the rifle until it sets on fire (or freezes depending on the type of enemy) before pulling out either duals or a shotgun to keep the smaller things from getting in the way while the hunters take care of the big threats. Simply put, my main aim is to play my class properly - if I miss tagging the odd thing, no big deal, I'm not gonna let up freezing some megid spitting Jarba just so that I can tag one of those little dog like critters...

Xtasisanu
Feb 5, 2007, 04:20 AM
I think she knows what she talking about http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ravennittes
Feb 5, 2007, 05:27 AM
It depends on whether I can survive tagging everything or not. In most situations I can and will tag, but in some rare cases I'll go 1 on 1.

Sephlock
Feb 5, 2007, 06:07 AM
Why would tagging lessen your chance for survival?

Yuicihi
Feb 5, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-02-05 00:58, Sephlock wrote:
How do you prefer to do your runs?
If I'm not soloing, I'll just go ahead and kill everything.
Party, it depends on who's in my party.

Magician
Feb 5, 2007, 08:05 AM
Below level cap, tag'em all.

Level capped, one at a time.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 08:18 AM
Well, to a certain degree some of this depends on your class, technically. As a Guntecher, some of the regular aspects of the game involves you tagging nearly every monster. That is, it is the norm if the situation doesn't call for something else. This is because for one, a Guntecher must keep moving at all times. That is the requirement. In general, if you aren't moving, you're dying. Low all around defense does that to ya. But on the other hand, you want to use mobile weapons (most of the time) and go for maximum Status Effect distribution.

On the other hand, if you're put into the case of being a primary party buffer, just about anything can change this around. Not all the time is the party going to just wait and let you buff them between fights, so often enough you have to use the fight as the opportunity to get buffs on them. That, and when people are in trouble so you need to heal them, is often the case in which tagging comes last after you make sure everybody is ok and prepped.

While, in general, that puts you in the position to quite possibly gain much lesser exp; it's the welfare of the party that matters the most.

Almalexia
Feb 5, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-02-05 03:07, Sephlock wrote:
Why would tagging lessen your chance for survival?

The individual could mean:

1) Hunters throwing shit everywhere, making it hard to tag. Even though I'm a fortefighter main, even I have problems tagging cause of that.

2) Is probably a Fortetecher, who have ridiculously low HP and low DFP, making attempts to tag(forces have to be in the heat of battle to tag most of the time, since long range tagging is not always possible..)suicidal.

This is how I tag:

At the beginning of every new room I strafe-shoot monsters. Once I got them all, I'm going to go with wild reckless abandon >:D.

Turambar
Feb 5, 2007, 09:20 AM
It really wasn't even dependent on whose in my party after a certain lv (probably around 50). By the point, mobs had enough HP that people more or less just mass one, taking it down, and moving on to another. Of course, there are the execptions, such as multiple bear spawns or olgohmon spawns.

Almalexia
Feb 5, 2007, 09:45 AM
No one should need to *try* and tag Tengohs, with thier 100,0000000000000,000000000HP.

Dhylec
Feb 5, 2007, 10:03 AM
I usually try to tag as many as I can, by gun or J/Z, then focus on 1 to kill.
Heh, if only the techs would load faster. ;]

Zarbolord
Feb 5, 2007, 10:05 AM
reminds of the old PSO gizonde tag system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Virvius
Feb 5, 2007, 10:42 AM
If I'm solo, I run around nuking a single enemy. The less enemies, the less chance i get gang banged.

In a party, I definately tag what I can (simple barta does the trick), then concentrate on healing as needed.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 10:47 AM
On 2007-02-05 06:45, Almalexia wrote:
No one should need to *try* and tag Tengohs, with thier 100,0000000000000,000000000HP.

And yes, Tenghohs (also known as PP-eaters, or PP-destroyers) have that much HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ok, maybe not that much, but I'd say that was close give or take a few zeros. They can even shake off some of the most damaging level 4 SEs.

Trayven
Feb 5, 2007, 12:10 PM
I feel I need to hit every monster at least once; it's my compensation for leaving all drops for everyone else and I won't complain about it unless someone dies before the run is done. My type lvl is more important than how much meseta I have.

Garnet_Moon
Feb 5, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-02-05 07:47, Akaimizu wrote:

And yes, Tenghohs (also known as PP-eaters, or PP-destroyers) have that much HP. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Ok, maybe not that much, but I'd say that was close give or take a few zeros. They can even shake off some of the most damaging level 4 SEs.

I run through Tengohgs like a freight train going through a gimpy honda civic. Seriously... why do people hate Tengohgs? Once Foie ticks, Diga spam for 1200-1800. I don't see why people hate Tengohgs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

What I do on Alexei(My Caseal) I just run around the map playing tag with my dualies, then concentrate fire one-at-a-time until everything dies. I'd use traps, but meh. I'm not using those until they will be most useful. S, S2, S3, etc, etc.

Akaimizu
Feb 5, 2007, 12:19 PM
Because I do maybe at most 400 HP of direct damage, as my class and level (54 going on 55). Status Effects are the only way to bring them down with some rate of speed, and even that takes a bit of time. They do, at times, resist the status effect well, so I do have some PP loss trying to get them started.

Me hitting them is like a Freight Train being beaten down by a Baseball Bat. It takes a while.

Just realize Garnet Moon, not all of us can hit like you do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-02-05 09:23 ]</font>

Para
Feb 5, 2007, 12:20 PM
I have a tendency to tag monsters but really I could care less... our level cap isn't coming in for a long while so experience isn't an issue for me... Im more worried about MP and PA levels...

CyarVictor
Feb 5, 2007, 12:27 PM
When leveling I'll tag as amny as I can before straight out attacking one target and supporting the team(even a techer needs exp to level), unless i'm using a ra-/dam-/gi- spell. With my fortefighter who's capped or if i reach a level cap, I'll single out targets.

rvzero
Feb 5, 2007, 12:29 PM
I kinda attack everything, one comes at me, I hit it, 3 run behind me I attack them, one tries to attack the FO near me, I kill it.

So basically I beat down the mobs HP AND tag em all at the same time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Feelmirath
Feb 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
As a Fortetecher, tagging enemies is already in the criteria. Since jellen, zalure and zoldeel tag an area of enemies, I get the best of both worlds.

Witchblade56
Feb 5, 2007, 12:40 PM
Jellen/zalure to debuff/tag the mobs then i skill up certain attack spells i have set on my rods along with resta spam.

With melee jobs i tag as many as i can with my hand gun then switch to saber/spear to kill off single targets.

When i get my human up to fighgunner it'll be strafing with my mechgun then killing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Witchblade56 on 2007-02-05 09:41 ]</font>

Almalexia
Feb 5, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-02-05 09:17, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-02-05 07:47, Akaimizu wrote:

I run through Tengohgs like a freight train going through a gimpy honda civic. Seriously... why do people hate Tengohgs? Once Foie ticks, Diga spam for 1200-1800. I don't see why people hate Tengohgs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Because not everyone is an FT. And even then they still take long to kill.

Neith
Feb 5, 2007, 01:00 PM
Depends entirely on the spawn pattern.

I play a Fortefighter, and I play in a few different ways.

If a dangerous mob spawns (particularly a Megid-spitter, or something like a Gaozoran), I focus my attention solely on that mob, and let other players take care of the lesser threats. With something like Rising Crush, I can repeatedly knock things like Deljabans up in the air, and knock Gaozorans on their backs.

If a threatening mob spawns that doesn't rely on Techs (for example, multiple Dilnazen, or Grinna Betes), I'll Nanoblast if possible. With Defense form, I can last a few hits more than most people, and against things like Grinna Betes, I become a meat-shield for a few seconds, before I'd need to retreat or get healed.

If no Nanoblast is available, I get behind dangerous mobs and stagger them (with the exception of Bil De Vears, which I only stagger in Bruce's Dungeon to save time).

As far as tagging goes, I identify the major threats, and take those out first- sure, I may miss out on some EXP from lesser mobs, but it keeps the party safe. If it's just a regular spawn, I'll use a multi-target attack, or strafe with a Handgun to tag, then move in and kill enemies grouped together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-02-05 10:03 ]</font>

MayLee
Feb 5, 2007, 01:12 PM
It really depends, now-a-days I like to solo or go and party up with PSOW members.

chibiLegolas
Feb 5, 2007, 01:15 PM
As a guntecher in a large party, I tag things with debuffs and SE as much mobs as possible since that's the job I'm in anyways.
Gotta work hard to reach lvl30 bullets on each weapon.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif'

Shiro_Ryuu
Feb 5, 2007, 02:09 PM
well, I would like to say that I do a little of both, but mostly would kill one at a time when it comes to dangerous enemies like jarbas and such who need to die as soon as possible and to reduce the amount of enemies, and in that way, making the battle easier.

omegapirate2k
Feb 5, 2007, 02:23 PM
Well, when it's a party of 4-6 people I DO tend to tag enemies first and then focus on each enemy individually.

If it's less than 4 I try to spread the enemies out so that the whole party can work on one at a time.