PDA

View Full Version : a few demo questions

CKaz
Feb 5, 2007, 03:24 PM
1- from the guide it suggested I do a tutorial, I've started 3 characters now and none had this option then or later thru the partner machine. ??

2- so I'm a level 10 or 11 character now but to my dismay I need to be a level 10 in the force class, and it appears only mission ends help that?

wanted to see if I can get a crazy techer but I'm not even a level 2 force yet it appears, s-ranked a bunch of early missions but that seems to be all that's applied and I'm about half-way to level 2? :b

3- I solo a bit so I actually get some drops and can pay for stuff :b are there any npc players for hire/help in demo thru the live option (or even full version, outside the story mode)? Can a properly evolved partner machine jump in on live and story (again for demo, and also if I owned it)?

thanks for any help, while a lot the same, certainly some things quite a twist since my DC/GC days in PSO

[obviously i'll be digging in more here too]

McLaughlin
Feb 5, 2007, 04:07 PM
1 - By the looks of it, they removed the Tutorial option in the Demo. In the Beta it was giving a lot of people grief.

2 - Mission Points are required to level up your Job Level. The more difficult the mission (in most cases) the better the reward.

3 - Yes, NPCs and a PM above level 80 (2 NPC per party limit) can tag along in a mission. However, their deaths will affect your Rank, so be weary of this. Nto sure if you can get your PM's Partner Card in the Demo.

CKaz
Feb 7, 2007, 12:18 PM
1 Yeah no tutorial so no NPC - as far as I can tell, at least yet, I have no NPC-along ability.
2 Ok so I guess I need more levelling up, whats an average level to get an 'expertise' class?
[I believe the demo limits me to 30?]
3 Hmm sounds like a lot of PM levelling and an unknown for demo. Looking like no NPC/PM.

thanks for the quick response
I'll probably get PSU, I just dont know if I'd play enough to warrant $10/mo and no 2p hurts

Such a shame, we get to highdef and game systems/TVs that can really do it
And then they dont bother because they put all this internet stuff at $ out there

Doesn't do a lot for the hubby/wife gamers :b
Might have pulled us in for a hunters license or two too, now its a solo sideline at best, sigh

Arcturus_
Feb 7, 2007, 01:04 PM
I honestly wouldn't bother trying to become a ForteTecher in the demo. You'll definitely need to reach the level cap (and then will likely need to spend many more hours collecting mission points) before you can make the change... and if you decide to play the full game, you'll have to start over from scratch.

CKaz
Feb 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
Ok so question on full game w/o hunter license (I'll look for a guide meanwhile) -
I'm coming from GC PSO where I could simulate offline, have multiplayer locally, etc.

Would I just have story, can I do 'online missions' offline, what's extra mode, are there things that I'm gonna regret not having access too/gimped?

Just a kick the demo is just showing everything I imagine I won't have access too, lol
If I can still do mission types like GC PSO allowed me and even add some NPC(s), PM, ok.
If that isn't in the mix sounds a bit light and I need to consider my purchase tied to a license.

edit - so it appears I'm interested in the details of extra mode, sounds like I'll get at least some of what I'm looking for as I progress thru the story with making own character, areas to hit, and npcs?

extra mode guide was a bit light/pre-release, FAQ helped but also seems to be still an early piece, still looking for something to dive into, looks interesting, thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CKaz on 2007-02-07 14:00 ]</font>