PDA

View Full Version : So... I'm a Male Cast ForteTecher, Any Suggestions?

Shadow_Wing
Feb 5, 2007, 11:46 PM
Out of pure boredom and randomness I decided upon myself to become a ForteTecher. So I'm just wondering what other people think I should do XD, I feel like the only use for me is a bow user/buffer/debuffer/healer on the most part but what do you think I should try ^_^;.

Take note I only have limited PA spots, I'm not dropping my ForteGunner for this, it's more a musing idea I have at the time.

So what do you guys think?

And it's ForteTecher not ForteCher!

Rasputin
Feb 5, 2007, 11:54 PM
You said it perfectly: bows, buffs, debuffs, healer. Of course, you could always go for an extremely gimped Diga and Damubarta

BLACKR0SE
Feb 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
I suggest switching classes.

Shadow_Wing
Feb 5, 2007, 11:58 PM
Now where's the fun in that Black =p

BLACKR0SE
Feb 6, 2007, 12:01 AM
The fun is knowing you wont get kicked from parties. lolk

Shadow_Wing
Feb 6, 2007, 12:03 AM
I don't lol, I have a static

Holo
Feb 6, 2007, 12:15 AM
LVL damu techs just for the status effects and cause burn and freeze on everything when your noth playing support.

Deja
Feb 6, 2007, 02:25 AM
Dude, level every bow, buff, and resta/reverser. You'd be better than most forces i think. You can burn/infect/status effect huge creatures like Tengohs, and buff and heal wherever and whenever.

Cast Fortetecher is underrated. You get KICKASS accuracy and almost never miss with a bow, nice HP so you can stay alive (more scapes in your pocket), and buffs don't require TP, it just needs that lvl 21.

juno-6
Feb 7, 2007, 12:42 AM
Use Bows and Cards/Wands. Maybe throw in a Twin Dagger and do lvl the damu techs and just be out there inflicting SFX. heal/ buff in a while.

Zorafim
Feb 7, 2007, 12:59 AM
Somehow, I think that he'd do more damage with techs than melee attacks. Sure, there's the fact that cast TP sucks compared to human or newman, but there's also the fact that fortetechers have 50% of the atp and ata of a fortefighter. I don't really know the difference between racial stats, nor have I experience with force, but I somehow doubt that using a melee weapon is going to be more effective than doing what forces were meant to do.

Kimil
Feb 7, 2007, 01:06 AM
Hmmmmmmm

You my friend are a Support Teacher now
Only Attack Spell I see helpin is Megid for the instant kill

VanHalen
Feb 7, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-02-05 21:01, BLACKR0SE wrote:
The fun is knowing you wont get kicked from parties. lolk

i never seen anyone kick a cast fortetecher or a tech anything from a party

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2007, 01:32 AM
ill kick out anyone i dont like

juno-6
Feb 7, 2007, 01:59 AM
ok, daggers gone, but bows and cards stay.

Shadow_Wing
Feb 7, 2007, 04:25 AM
Well more than 50% lol, I'm well under half of my ForteGunner as is on melee stats ^_^;.

I'm passing on daggers, with lvl 1 PA lvl with already nurfed %s, my dmg is gonna suck big time.

With Techs I barely hit 250-300 on most things in S with a 9* rod =/ though it is in an AoE fashion. I just finished a long buff team and I got my buffs to 21 at least so I got those down, now onto debuffs somehow >>;

My Digas hit for 500 XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-02-07 01:27 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Feb 7, 2007, 10:37 AM
TECHNICALLY, it should be pronounced Fort-tek-er. From Dictionary.com's definition of "Forte":

"Usage Note: The word forte, coming from French fort, should properly be pronounced with one syllable, like the English word fort. Common usage, however, prefers the two-syllable pronunciation, (fôr'tā'), which has been influenced possibly by the music term forte borrowed from Italian. In a recent survey a strong majority of the Usage Panel, 74 percent, preferred the two-syllable pronunciation. The result is a delicate situation; speakers who are aware of the origin of the word may wish to continue to pronounce it as one syllable but at an increasing risk of puzzling their listeners."

Fawr-tey is the incorrect way of pronouncing it....but it's accepted since most everyone pronounces it that way. The word derives itself from the French "fort", which means strength.

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2007, 11:13 AM
Im glad someone was brave enough to play as a Cast Force. Im hoping someone would. Tell me what its like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hmmm, now if there would be a Newman Ranger...

panzer_unit
Feb 7, 2007, 11:35 AM
Try for the best armor, bow, and cards you can get... since you'll have a slight advantage in equipment quality there over human & newm FT's.

Ra- and Gi- techs seem like the best investments for low-MST techers... it makes the most of whatever TAP you're adding from a good wand or rod by multiplying it across a bunch of targets. That frees you to focus on bow as your single-target attack.

Zorafim
Feb 7, 2007, 12:08 PM
On 2007-02-07 01:25, Shadow_Wing wrote:
With Techs I barely hit 250-300 on most things in S with a 9* rod =/ though it is in an AoE fashion. I just finished a long buff team and I got my buffs to 21 at least so I got those down, now onto debuffs somehow >>;

My Digas hit for 500 XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-02-07 01:27 ]</font>

Isn't that the case for everyone else, though?

Kuya
Feb 7, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-02-07 08:13, OdinTyler wrote:
Im glad someone was brave enough to play as a Cast Force. Im hoping someone would. Tell me what its like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hmmm, now if there would be a Newman Ranger...

lol - I'm a 4 fG now and SEs are my friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It's not really that bad since I'm not trying to outdamage Casts.

Shadow_Wing
Feb 7, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-02-07 09:08, Zorafim wrote:

Isn't that the case for everyone else, though?

Not really, a Newman Female @ lvl 59, fT5 has double my TP as is, and that's quite the dmg difference there, dully noted though this is using the ideal race and gender for this class ^_^;

I'd say compared to every other fT of any race other than cast I'm prolly doing at least 100 dmg less.

To Odin, I'll say now that a Cast ForteTecher isn't incredibly great, the dmg is rather low and I play more like a support class (buffs/debuffs/heals) than anything else, however, I've always played a support role for almost every MMO/Online game that has a support class in it.

Jibby
Feb 7, 2007, 10:26 PM
I'm plannin' on being a cast force for a little while, any tips for me in that phase? I'm goin' protranser with it.