PDA

View Full Version : BB JP servers

Lord_Kratos
Feb 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
i havent been on PSo-World in awhile so excuse me if I missed anything on this. Have there been any news updates about the whole "they activated falz drop rates on the jp servers" situation. Though i heard they're taking down the servers or something i'd still like to know.

DoubleJG
Feb 7, 2007, 07:22 PM
PSOBBjp I believe still exists and will continue to exist for some time.

I could be wrong, but AFAIK it's running well.

Saffran
Feb 8, 2007, 05:46 AM
Well, as a matter of fact of fact, Yellowboze Falz does drop Earrings for example.
Bluefull and Oran drop DF Shield, and Greenill drops Rico's Glasses.
I haven't confirmed other drops.

IceBurner
Feb 9, 2007, 02:18 AM
As noted in PSOW's news on August 10th, 2006, for scoring really incredibly high in Maximum Attack 4, Japanese PSOBB players recieved the prize that Olga Flow and Dark Falz's drop odds were finally changed to something above zero. The news source was the Japanese PSOBB News page http://psobb.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=48.

Assuming the ep 1 and 2 drop charts are 100% the same as in PSO Ep 1 & 2 for GCN & X-box (which is known to be true of every other single item drop), then certain section IDs can find Red Ring and Perfect Gene ... but only on Japanese PSOBB. This is also only possible in PSOBB because it's the only version of PSO in which the server completely controls all items dropped. All other versions read from the charts on the game disc.

Quests have been known to change item drop rates and charts in all versions, but I don't know enough to say it is or isn't possible to make Olga and Falz drop things. One quest (which might be Max Attack, it's been too long :/) is known not to have any items drop. Challenge mode is a special type of quest with either some very fancy scripting or extra game code helping it out, but I believe it actually has completely separate drop charts on the disc, since people seem to have dumped their data and made complete human-readable charts.

Still, the quest file format has been figured out and Japan's PSOBB is definitely the only version where you can get both Red Ring and Perfect Gene through just playing the game you paid for.

DoubleJG
Feb 9, 2007, 04:28 AM
I wonder how populated PSOBBjp is these days, with PSU and all out there...

Saffran
Feb 9, 2007, 05:16 AM
>Assuming the ep 1 and 2 drop charts are 100% the same as in PSO Ep 1 & 2 for GCN & X-box
>(which is known to be true of every other single item drop)

Not anymore. Most of them are indeed the same, but that has been changed a bit. A tiny little bit.

I doubt the parasitic gene drops, but well, anything is possible. I also don't think Red Ring will actually drop. But wait and see...