PDA

View Full Version : I have joined the legions of the damned...

Esufer
Feb 6, 2007, 10:20 PM
And become a Fighgunner. Woe is me.

Any idea what kinda gear I should be using? I'm level 24, and using a Seva Drada (2) and an Autogun (5).

And I think it's time to upgrade.

Are Deljabaners any good? If not, anything else worth suggesting? I wanna keep with the Saber/pistol combo, ideally.

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 10:32 PM

Double sabers are your life now.

Arcturus_
Feb 6, 2007, 10:43 PM
That and twin pistols.

Deljabaners are reasonable, but I'd much rather use spears and twin sabers instead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arcturus_ on 2007-02-06 19:43 ]</font>

Pivotal
Feb 6, 2007, 10:49 PM
I use spears, twin daggers, twin sabers, and double sabers for melee. Twin handguns are also a good bet, i carry 2-4 Deathmakers with me and usually have 2 sets on my pallette at all times. Get all your twin bullets to 20. Handguns+Sabers/Daggers are pretty fun too, but these are pretty much only useful for fast guys that don't group well like Golmoros and Sendillians.

There are many different ways to play any character, so just experiment until you find something you like. Use correct elements on your weapons and your party will hate you less.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pivotal on 2007-02-06 19:51 ]</font>

VanHalen
Feb 6, 2007, 10:53 PM
On 2007-02-06 19:32, Sychosis wrote:

Double sabers are your life now.

i wish foamcup could see this lol

Sychosis
Feb 6, 2007, 11:01 PM
You will forever be a slave to the Q-tip!

Randomness
Feb 6, 2007, 11:04 PM
Expert class... at level 24... is just wrong. I didn't hit Force 10 on my main until upper 40s...

VanHalen
Feb 6, 2007, 11:06 PM
THE ALMIGHTY DOUBLESABER!!!

ShinMaruku
Feb 6, 2007, 11:37 PM
I can wait for Irdil to get one of em... It's gonna be so fricken cool!

Edman
Feb 7, 2007, 12:32 AM
I dont know about deljabaners, but my +5 Del Jagnus is about equal to a set of sharp twins but with about 80 more pp. They're nice if you can get a grinded set.

If you're starting to use double sabers, get bone dances. They're pretty easy to find with decent %'s, I got all mine for under 120k. And gravity dance is one nice PA.

Soukosa
Feb 7, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-02-06 20:04, Randomness wrote:
Expert class... at level 24... is just wrong. I didn't hit Force 10 on my main until upper 40s...

Where'd you level at? Mad Creatures C? I hit FO 10 on my newman in the low 40s but also had RA 5 on her. Average is about the low 30s for fortes and less for hybrids.

MaximusLight
Feb 7, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-02-06 21:49, Sounomi wrote:

Where'd you level at? Mad Creatures C? I hit FO 10 on my newman in the low 40s but also had RA 5 on her. Average is about the low 30s for fortes and less for hybrids.

I manage all three basics by low fifties... you must have failed alot of missons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
also you're not damned until you're in FKL, then you're screwed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2007-02-06 22:03 ]</font>

Tiyr
Feb 7, 2007, 03:36 AM
Deljabaners are very nice except for the low ATA. If you're a cast or are fighting low evade mobs, it's a good weapon.

I've got every PA I can use over 21 except for twin claws, and I find myself using Double sabers, twin sabers, swords and spears most often for the important fights. Twin daggers are still nice, despite the RBZ nerf, but they've never really been top of my list. Knuckles can be useful for crowd control (Bogga Zubba) and for things with high evade.

Daggers, sabers and claws are all good, although claws might be a waste of time if you don't like leveling PAs since you can't get S-rank and they're really not any better than sabers or daggers.

Twin pistols are very useful on enemies that take reduced melee damage (Jarbas, Tengoghs, Gaozorans, etc) or for fights like Onmagoug where you can't hit them with melee half the time. For bullets, they also level very quickly.

Also, I only use crossbows for my offhands now. They're a PAIN to level, but once you get the bullets over eleven they'll far outdamage anything you can use in your offhand. They also regenerate relatively quickly, have two chances per shot to apply a level 2 SE, do very respectable damage AND allow your saber / dagger / claw to regenerate PP while you're firing. By switching from melee to x-bow, you can use the same weapons for a very long time and still do some decent damage.

Esufer
Feb 7, 2007, 06:49 AM

Where is your God now? ^_^

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-02-06 20:01, Sychosis wrote:

Bah to the double sabers I say, I don't need 'em.

EDIT: Rei, pick up a pair of decent twin pistols, they'll do you a world of good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-02-07 05:53 ]</font>

l0c0dantes
Feb 7, 2007, 09:16 AM
Dont forget about traps!

Sychosis
Feb 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-02-07 05:51, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-02-06 20:01, Sychosis wrote:

Bah to the double sabers I say, I don't need 'em.

EDIT: Rei, pick up a pair of decent twin pistols, they'll do you a world of good.

Wha-wha-what?! How dare you insult the double sabers!

But yes I agree, dual pistolas for the win.

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 09:26 AM
This is my response to your double saber fetish.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a265/garygrace69/q-tip.jpg

And no that's not me in the picture.

Reginaldo
Feb 7, 2007, 10:05 AM
An effective Fighgunner should probably have 1 double saber max, preferably ice. Since fire is the most common element the weapon will be most effective as a DPS weapon in large groups. As of now I stick to Gravity dance as my main PA and the other one for large mobs. When Tornado Dance comes out you should just spam that on bosses.

Your main attacking weapon should be either twin sabers or twin claws (I use one of each). I usually switch in the elemental weapon I need for the situation. Personally, I use Assault Crush and the 2nd twin claw PA (the name of it escapes me).

For heavy damage you should have a sword or a spear. For which one to use? It's a matter of taste I suppose, I stick to Spinning Break on my sword personally.

Now most importantly and I can't stress this enough, invest in a good pair of twin guns. The best all around element to use probably is dark as it does more damage plus infection. If I'm playing with a bunch of rangers I switch to light since mobs can be confused AND have the ranger's SE4 burn or infection. It's a more cooperative tactic imo.

Also another set that I like to use is a buccaneer and a crossbow. Alternating between slashing and my lv. 11+ Yak Banga is a godsend. You're guarenteed to burn mobs.

Well that's my take on the Fighgunner class, it's a very fun class to be. Enjoy being one. =)

Garnet_Moon
Feb 7, 2007, 10:29 AM

I hit fG at lv33 because I was busy soloing ALOT to level my Shotty ammo and Dualies ammo solo. If I didn't earn so much XP solo with my GH-450 i'd have gotten it by level 25 or so.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As for the topic? Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Dualies, Mechgun + Dagger(new PA)/Saber(Gravity Dance).

Use those and you have an instant-win button.

EDIT: When we got the lv50->60 cap with the xpert classes, I bought 4 Double Sabers and 2 Dual handguns. You can use only Double Saber if you run into a mob of enemies. When it's just one mob without multiple hit sections? Try to have a backup weapon. DS is great for a mob when it can hit all 4 targets at once, but against a single mob? Well, let's just say it's a little lackluster. I did FG to lv3 then switched back to fT. x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-07 07:33 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Feb 7, 2007, 10:35 AM
I use a Saber/Mechgun, Claw/Crossbow, Sword, Twin sabers, Twin Pistols and Twin daggers, all 7*, although I'm wondering what to do about the sword when I begin to replace my A ranks with S ranks eventually, I might replace it with an a different saber (different PA) and a handgun.

Esufer
Feb 7, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-02-07 07:29, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I hit fG at lv33 because I was busy soloing ALOT to level my Shotty ammo and Dualies ammo solo. If I didn't earn so much XP solo with my GH-450 i'd have gotten it by level 25 or so.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

As for the topic? Double Sabers, Twin Sabers, Twin Claws, Dualies, Mechgun + Dagger(new PA)/Saber(Gravity Dance).

Use those and you have an instant-win button.

EDIT: When we got the lv50->60 cap with the xpert classes, I bought 4 Double Sabers and 2 Dual handguns. You can use only Double Saber if you run into a mob of enemies. When it's just one mob without multiple hit sections? Try to have a backup weapon. DS is great for a mob when it can hit all 4 targets at once, but against a single mob? Well, let's just say it's a little lackluster. I did FG to lv3 then switched back to fT. x_X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-02-07 07:33 ]</font>

I've got Gravity Dance, just looking for a new Saber to level it faster. using a Seva Drada, the low PP kinda stumps that. I'm thinking a Jitseen, maybe?

Jesus_christ
Feb 7, 2007, 05:21 PM
I found the best combo is a B-rank saber(high pp and att) and a B-rank pistol(also high pp and att)and just grind the hell out of them, thus you become faster...DO NOT use a slow weapon when dealing with megids

JESUS:male/cast/lvl 41/guntech 3/merc for hire

Esufer
Feb 7, 2007, 06:31 PM
I've got myself a Falchiora that's been grinded 5 times, and a B'duki Oga that's been grinded twice. Works really well. =D

Saber/handgun ftw!

Jesus_christ
Feb 9, 2007, 06:13 PM
personally I like the fans and sabers but thats just me

Jaden_Korr
Feb 10, 2007, 07:54 AM
I'll admit that I'm a fan of the double saber. But there's nothing on this earth that would make me remove my Arb Hadoc from my palette. Or my spears

VanHalen
Feb 10, 2007, 09:09 PM
well im not run to tell how you should play but some cool weapons for doublesabers i mean fighgunners(im joking you guys are awesome) you can use some traps maybe its just me but blowing the hell out of stuff is just fun and to do it in PSU makes it more fun. and make sure you have a handgun for your single hand weapons cause those flying monsters are annoying. and swords and spears are good to have out of preference i use swords but either are fine

BahnKnakyu
Feb 10, 2007, 11:43 PM
I'll second someone's post here.

LEARN TO USE TRAPS!

Sekani
Feb 11, 2007, 04:12 AM
Tried using traps, was VERY unimpressed. Waste of meseta.

Jaden_Korr
Feb 11, 2007, 05:02 PM
I've been using traps on any LLS runs I've been doing. Quick way to tag for xp and help out my party by dropping a burn on the nasty megid launchers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Feb 11, 2007, 06:02 PM
On 2007-02-11 01:12, Sekani wrote:
Tried using traps, was VERY unimpressed. Waste of meseta.

There needs to be a ZOMGPWN trap, then I might start using them.

Esufer
Feb 11, 2007, 06:30 PM
On 2007-02-10 20:43, BahnKnakyu wrote:
I'll second someone's post here.

LEARN TO USE TRAPS!

I am holding a gun to my own head.

I use traps already, thanks.

I was just asking what good WEAPONS would be. Traps have nowt to do with it.

Question though.

how comes I can use Damage Trap G, but not Shock Trap?

Puzzling.

VanHalen
Feb 11, 2007, 07:59 PM
lvling lets you use more traps i think cause i couldnt use poison traps on my ranger until i lvled up then they were availble