PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: Karen won't give me Moubu Seiran-Zan :(

ZeldaSerenade
Feb 7, 2007, 02:35 AM
Taking a break from network mode, I decided to play offline for a bit. I know that you can get the second Photon Arts by S-Ranking missions with NPCs in your party. I got Lou's Spiral Dance, both of Leo's PAs, both of Tonnio's, both of Nav's, and both of Hyuga's.

But, for some reason, I am having trouble obtaining Karen's PA. She keeps giving me Renkai Buyou-zan, the one that can be bought from shops. I heard the PA obtained was based on the weapon the character had equipped when the mission was done. I tried finishing the mission while she had each set of daggers equipped, but I got the same PA both times.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Dhylec
Feb 7, 2007, 10:10 AM
I believe there is a random factor in obtaining PA's from NPCs.

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2007, 11:12 AM
Yep. Its random. If youre a decent enough level, heres what you can try. This works for any PA youre looking for:

1) Raise your PM to battle readiness (Lv30, offline).
2) Bring in the char you want the PA from (in your case, Karen).
3) Do a quest you know you can S rank easily. I always do the Lv30 GC quest - Annhiliation. Anyone can S rank this one!
4) Do it over & over again until she hands it to you. Yes, this is random.

You might also want to substitute a 2nd NPC instead of your PM but this opens up the possibility youll get the wrong PA. However, it does increase the chance of actually getting a PA. Yours was one I had a hard time getting but it WILL come. Patience is key. Also, you managed to get Lou's PA which is harder to get. If you got that one, you can get Karen's 2nd. GL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
Feb 7, 2007, 11:16 AM
It's randsom just keep at it. I got like 3 of em... <_<

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2007, 11:30 AM
Thank you for overstating the obvious, Shin. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I DID say it was random already! LOL

ZeldaSerenade
Feb 7, 2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks, I'll go try a few runs now...

Zorafim
Feb 7, 2007, 12:10 PM
I think I got two PAs from the NPC once myself. So I don't think having a second NPC with you will be detrimental. Also, I think that plains overlord is a better choice, since you can S rank it in three minutes.

ShinMaruku
Feb 7, 2007, 05:45 PM
It's good to have two somtimes they both give ya the stuff! That's how I got Leo's and Karens.