PDA

View Full Version : Assasin, or save meseta for a Burst?

Mistle22
Feb 7, 2007, 02:46 AM
I recently became a Fortegunner, and I decided to I want to buy an A Rank Rifle. I have two choices. Should I buy an Assasin with the money I have, or is it worth the extra time to save more cash and buy a Burst?

Shaidar
Feb 7, 2007, 03:23 AM
If you've got grinded B equipment you might as well wait a little and find a good deal on a Burst. Otherwise you could go for an Assassin and it'll help you make money a little a faster, not to mention you'll look cooler! But keep an eye on the player shops for cheap Bursts. With limited economy finding good deals is the way to go. Heck, sometimes I find people selling 8* weapons around the same price as 7*.

And on a side note most 9* are heavily overpriced, but not always. Keep an eye out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-07 00:24 ]</font>

Sephlock
Feb 7, 2007, 03:24 AM
No mention of the white whale of Rangers: the Phantom Rifle?

Nani-chan
Feb 7, 2007, 03:28 AM
1. Save for S ranks
2. Grind 6* falgohohs
3. ???
4. Profit!

There are no phantomlines on x360 so the legend combo isn't a option there.

Shaidar
Feb 7, 2007, 03:30 AM
On 2007-02-07 00:24, Sephlock wrote:
No mention of the white whale of Rangers: the Phantom Rifle?

Or that. Harder to find good deals on those though.

Oh! Mistle, if you haven't got a shop up already you should seriously consider doing that. If you've got the point you can get A ranks the money will soon start rolling in and by now you should be able to afford a shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shaidar on 2007-02-07 00:31 ]</font>

Corran1
Feb 7, 2007, 03:31 AM
as a fortegunner, the best rifle to have is a phantom with the phantom line armor. The armor is hard to find at the moment, but the rifles arent to bad. If you want, I can supply the rifle for 200k, so if you find the armor, you dont need a new rifle. (if you're on ps2/pc version) Also im open to trade. You'll need to catch me in my room, or pm me here and we can schedule a meeting.

S/N = 4thgen

Corran1
Feb 7, 2007, 03:39 AM
oh, or make falcons using kubara wood. This makes the Riflic, which when grinded can even beat the phantom for ATT. It also beats = grinds on the falcon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mistle22
Feb 7, 2007, 03:40 AM
Im on the 360 version.

Yeah, a shop has helped me heaps with making meseta, i have had one for awhile now. But lately it has slowed done heaps and near to nothing is selling :/

I have 65k on me at the moment, and I came across a few assasins under that price, so thats pretty good. All the bursts I find are 100k and above, I guess that's fair, but I just can't make that kind of money.

Im leaning towards buying the Assasin, then make some good money with that.

Thanks for the help guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mistle22 on 2007-02-07 00:43 ]</font>

Kuya
Feb 7, 2007, 09:10 AM
Falgohohs are the way to go. If you can't afford the Phantomline - just having the rifle is "Meh". I have Falgohohs at +6 and they have over 1500pp for SE galore. I've found random searches and I've gotten really cheap Falgohohs at 5-7k a piece (PC). Good luck!

OdinTyler
Feb 7, 2007, 11:14 AM
Assassin isnt bad (tho its misspelled as 'assasin' when you craft it...PAY ATTENTION, ST!) Anyway, its a decent wep, but, save up & buy a Blackbull. That is one bad-ass rifle! Trust me on this!

panzer_unit
Feb 7, 2007, 11:25 AM
Grab some assassin. Style > substance.

Sitka
Feb 7, 2007, 07:35 PM
Part of the fun of the game is getting the o.o when you walk in a room sporting a new weapon that few are wielding.

On xbox 360, we don't have anything above the Phantom, so that is the o.o rifle for a gunner right now.

Personally, I like the damage I can do with the Phantom. I am currently using four rifles and two dual handguns and I'm pretty happy with that set up. I go Phantom-Burst-Burst-Vullseye-Evil Twins-Evil Twins with a Maser Cannon, Gur Napam and Shigga Boma for situational use. I'm not using the striking weapons, bows or crossbows on my fg as I prefer to use them on my guntecher, fortecher and fortehunter.

I can understand the frustration, particularly on xbox, of trying to get in enough runs to get enough money to buy a higher class weapon. However, if you set a goal and grind hard for it, everything is obtainable (cept for that ridiculously overpriced Degahana Cannon that someone has in their shop for a cool 4 million meseta - http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif). When I decided to go for Sori-senba, I had to run tons to get 360k together, but I eventually got it and I do prefer the Sori-senba over the Phantom for the extra technique defense.

Even though the Phantom is not THAT much better than the Burst which is not THAT much better than my grinded Vullseye, I still like having it in my arsenal.

I say, go for either the Phantom or the Burst and then use the grinded B weapons or lower A rank weapons to complete your lineup.

-Crokar-
Feb 7, 2007, 08:01 PM
i just recently started synthing guns i sell stuff so chep its funny. i sold 3 assasins for 50k each and 2 burst at 100k each. i havent made a phantom yet but ill prolly charge 180-190k

Sephlock
Feb 8, 2007, 12:02 AM
Whats your gamertag? I want to stalk you and ask you every single day if you've made a Phantom rifle yet.

MUST HAVE CHEAP PHANTOM RIFLE!

-Crokar-
Feb 8, 2007, 12:10 AM
if i make 3-4 more burst by saturday ill switch to phantoms

Phetty
Feb 9, 2007, 03:34 AM
Get a Gur Napam. I got one for 130k a couple days ago and I love it. Its more of a Large target/Boss weapon but its worth it.

Traize
Feb 11, 2007, 03:35 PM
If it weren't for my Laser Cannon, I'd be severly disappointed with my 2000m I spent on becoming a Fortegunner...

I don't suppose anyone knows the best place to find [B] Phantom? I hope its not a shop only item...